FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

CHILD Prodigy.

ahmedakter
There is a huge curiosity around child prodigy. Some people think they have supernatural power or they are like superman. But the main difference between a normal child and a child prodigy is a child prodigy grow up more faster than a normal child and also they have a very good iq. Some children can show maturity in his or her early age beyond his level like at the age of seven normally a child study in school but some child can reach to college or university at the same age because of their high performence. A prodigy is someone who can masters one or more skills far beyond his or her level of maturity at his or her early age. Normally prodigies are performing at the level of a highly trained adult in a very demanding field of endeavour under the age of 18. The prodigies are not only identified by their educational situation. He or she can be good at music, art or even in phylosophy.
cnitolo
the big problem is the identification of a prodigy because in many cases can be considered disturbances or problems until you get a position as a good professional can be a big problem for the prodigy and his family
Dennise
ahmedakter wrote:
There is a huge curiosity around child prodigy. Some people think they have supernatural power or they are like superman. But the main difference between a normal child and a child prodigy is a child prodigy grow up more faster than a normal child and also they have a very good iq. Some children can show maturity in his or her early age beyond his level like at the age of seven normally a child study in school but some child can reach to college or university at the same age because of their high performence. A prodigy is someone who can masters one or more skills far beyond his or her level of maturity at his or her early age. Normally prodigies are performing at the level of a highly trained adult in a very demanding field of endeavour under the age of 18. The prodigies are not only identified by their educational situation. He or she can be good at music, art or even in phylosophy.

Yes ... OK and ..... what about it? Are you challenging alternate definitions of child prodigy?
pauline123
It is true that most known child prodigies are discovered before they are 18, but no one ever mentions the ones that do not get found due to whatever reason before they are legal adults. Is it only a child prodigy if discovered, or can a child prodigy go undiscovered? That is what I have always wandered. That and if it is strict discipline and teaching that make them great at it, or if it is an innate ability. I, for one, believe it can be brought on either way. Then, however, it becomes the question of are they really a child prodigy.
codegeek
The matter of fact behind child prodigies is that they work hard, very very hard even before the age where they realize the value of hard work. It is said that one needs 10000 hours of practice to master anything. Let's take an example of a young chess players who starts studying chess under the guidance of an experienced coach at the age of 4.

Assuming he/she works 3 hours a day on chess, by the age of 12 he/she will have already accumulated 8760 hours of chess practice, which is very close to mastery. Moreover, children's brains are more receptive to learning new skills than adult brains. So, a particularly talented child who works in this way will almost certainly have a mastery over his/her craft.

Hence, people who learn multiple languages as children can speak all the languages without an accent, while those who learn languages as adults generally have trouble with the accents and grammar associated with different languages.