FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fail Of The Day

Asap170
So I was here browsing Frihost and decided I finally want to make myself a blog here on Frihost. So I am looking for the "Create Blog" link or button....Well first off I clicked my username to go to my profile figuring it would be there and nothing. Then I tried "Edit Profile" thinking that it would be there... which it wasn't and just before I clicked on the AWITs I noticed at the top of my screen in the middle of page there laid the "Create your Frihost Blog" link...FAIL

So what have been your epic fail(s) of the day? We all have them and you know it. Go ahead post it. Don't be shy you be surprised how many things you have in common with other people.
Rajat_Pawar
I tried playing CS like a baws - 0 kills Neutral
IceCreamTruck
Good topic!

My epic fail of the decade: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-135530.html

Yep, right here on frihost for everyone to see! Yeah, me being an ass at my finest! Smile

Rajat_Pawar wrote:

You've made me laugh twice today with CS comments. Ah, remembering the good old days of playing CS. Great news! After 15 years they are finally making a new CS! Smile
Vanilla
Yesterday I had a pretty big FAIL, the biggest in a very long time. I don't like to let my hair down, so I usually braid it or make a ponytail because it's simpler that way. So yesterday I was feeling good about myself and I let my hair down. This guy I'm really into complimented me, saying that I look prettier that way. My answer: "I washed it". I mean, WHAT THE HELL??? Why couldn't I say just "thank you"? I don't know how to react to compliments. Embarassed
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Good topic!

My epic fail of the decade: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-135530.html

Yep, right here on frihost for everyone to see! Yeah, me being an ass at my finest! Smile

Rajat_Pawar wrote:
I was still impressed at the end of the day. As you had to balance your very strong principles with your sense for goodness and that must have taken some tough doing on your part! I salute you ICT! Cool

Looks as though there is always an epic win on the flip side of a perceived epic fail.

Asap170
Wow Dean are those your dogs or is a picture that you found online? Either or the picture is pretty cool. Been working from 7:30am this morning and have yet had a fail of the day. We shall must have to wait and see what will happen. I am going to leave this to fate. >.<
IceCreamTruck
Kind words again, Dean, thanks! Where in the world did you get that picture. Now all he needs is a lizard or something small hanging on to the rat to complete his stackable pet set.

Vanilla, this is a great topic to discuss, and I'd love to give you some insight into how frustrating it can be to compliment girls. As a guy you want to because you girls are just so cute, but we don't really want to be captain obvious all the time, so we wonder if our expression of likes in this manor isn't as constructive as we want it to be, and it's not well received most times. Heck, in our minds you girls are so cute that you must walk around all day getting complimented by all the poor guys, too who's life you bring a little beauty, so it might help you take the next compliment better if you realize the personal struggle a guy must be willing to get through just to say something, and yes... he is testing the waters so your response is noticed almost every time. Maybe you can give us more insight into how this makes you feel, so we can better plan our compliments.

I dunno, we may have a Casanova here, who just naturally worked in a compliment for your hair, but typically girls never even realize that most guys have a huge battle to fight before they can even say a word to you. That's why most guys seem so awkward around girls they like. Maybe try saying over and over to yourself to develop the quick habit: "thanks, that makes me feel good!" This popping out of your mouth is the perfect response, it's encouraging, and shouldn't contribute to leading the guy on when you only want to respond but don't want to initiate anything yourself.

Please, go to that guy, and make up for it. Find him, and tell him that his comment was well timed, and it did make you feel good because you don't usually wear your hair down, and it's nice to have friends like him. Then suggest maybe going for some coffee later because you want good friends, and he's been a good friend to you. This way you aren't committing to a "date" either, and you can make his day for saying something that meant something to you. People say that guys want only sex, but that is not true at all. We want progress with girls, or sex! Smile Getting to hang out with girls helps us be less awkward around the girls we like, and we even like to hang out around the girls we like that don't like us, because it helps us not be so nervous around the next one who might show some interest.

I currently am the proud owner of a guys perspective, which you are well informed, and will lend it to this topic if you create it.

Asap170, I'm holding out hope that you do not have a fail today, and maybe, just maybe, I can join you in not having an epic fail today. I like this topic, it's fun, but don't go failing just to write to us about it! lol
Vanilla
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Vanilla, this is a great topic to discuss, and I'd love to give you some insight into how frustrating it can be to compliment girls.

I'll try to answer that with a) girls perspective and b) my perspective.

See, girls love compliments. It's good for their ego and stuff, and usually they don't get complimented a lot because yes, some guys really fear saying what they think about girls. But it's not just that. Being a girl is difficult because you try your best every day to be pretty because society says so, and it's almost a relief to hear a compliment (finally!). And girls are not satisfied with their appearances. Ever. They are always changing their hair, trying to lose weight, thinking about having plastic surgeries... So don't fear when you think about saying some nice words to a girl, because she'll really appreciate that. Very Happy

From my perspective... I don't know how to react to compliments since I don't know how to deal with people mostly of the time. It would be tragic if it wasn't funny. I'm not a very social type, I like being at home. I work in a very masculine environment (I didn't know if you watched that movie about Temple Grandin's life, I kinda feel the same around the cowboys) and I need to be tough all the time. So I kinda get used to being tough all the time around people. So yes, I was surprised about the compliment and I didn't have the time to think and give a proper answer hahaha! I would love to invite the guy to a coffee, but since he's my teacher and since he has a very angry girlfriend, I think I'll pass... Rolling Eyes
deanhills
Asap170 wrote:
Wow Dean are those your dogs or is a picture that you found online? Either or the picture is pretty cool. Been working from 7:30am this morning and have yet had a fail of the day. We shall must have to wait and see what will happen. I am going to leave this to fate. >.<
No. I got the photo off the Internet. I typed in "epic win". Then clicked on the photo below and then landed at the Website with the dog ensemble. Very Happy

IceCreamTruck
Dean, we need to make a contest out of that image -- submit captions.

Attempt 1:

"You want a piece of me? Swim over there cause I'm going to peck this guy's eyes out!"

-or-

"OK, so here's the plan again. First we hit the bank and then we make our get-a-way on these beautiful things! Pretty good ride if you know what I mean... heh heh!"

-or more simply-

"Duck, Duck, GOOSE!"
Asap170
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Asap170, I'm holding out hope that you do not have a fail today, and maybe, just maybe, I can join you in not having an epic fail today. I like this topic, it's fun, but don't go failing just to write to us about it! lol

Well ICT...I had a fail for that day. It was at the complete end of the day. I was playing basketball with some friends and it was dark so it is difficult to see the ball and I ended up catching the ball with my chin. Epic fail.
IceCreamTruck
Sorry to hear that, asap, that's horrible! I've been having some good days since my last epic dumptruck moment.

I thought of some more captions for that funny duck picture! --

"This baby will do zero to quack in .03 seconds!"

"Hehe, I can even reach the bread before she can! What a loser!"

"Best part is she thinks I'm her conscience. 'You really should swim faster or all the other ducks will make fun of you' ... hehehe"

"Quickly! Take your prince away. I hate the paparazzi!"

"I'm thinking about trading her in for a newer model. She's started drifting to the right"

lmao! Does anyone else find animals and personifying animals as fun as I do? Probably not! lol I'm going all "I can has cheese burger" on the duck photo
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Dean, we need to make a contest out of that image -- submit captions.

Attempt 1:

"You want a piece of me? Swim over there cause I'm going to peck this guy's eyes out!"

-or-

"OK, so here's the plan again. First we hit the bank and then we make our get-a-way on these beautiful things! Pretty good ride if you know what I mean... heh heh!"

-or more simply-

"Duck, Duck, GOOSE!"
Right. But that water looks a bit organic to me don't you think? Can smell how rich it is in fact. Guess I'll just have to pinch my nose and put my mask on. Twisted Evil
IceCreamTruck
lol
Asap170
Seriously ICT that's all you have to say?

"I told you to drive fast! And to think your on my payroll. Quack."
IceCreamTruck
LOL
inuyasha
I failed to finish the paper of a national English contest yesterday morning...
deanhills
Asap170 wrote:
Seriously ICT that's all you have to say?

"I told you to drive fast! And to think your on my payroll. Quack."
Hilarious! Quack quack. Laughing
Vanilla
Okay, so this is more like a "Fail of the decade". Stupid.

Yesterday I dyed my hair like I always do once a month. I used the same hair dye that I have always used and I left it in my hair for the same time I always did. I did nothing different. I'm a natural dirty blond and although I love my original hair colour, I dye it with a more light strawberry-blond-like one. So when I took that hair dye off my hair I suddenly noticed that my hair colour changed. I'm a freaking red-head right now. I have no soul. I don't know if there was a problem with the whole batch of hair dye, but I'm so pissed I can't even imagine what the problem was. I look like a stupid version of Amy Adams after the Chernobyl disaster. I don't know even if I can correct it since the process of dying it again in a short time is very aggressive. I must have cursed in seven different languages. Hell, I didn't even know that I could compose entire sentences with variations of the F word. I dye my hair by myself since I'm 13, and I'm thinking of processing the company very seriously. What a freaking disaster. The only thing I can do now is post in this topic so you can laugh at my misery. At least someone will be happy.
IceCreamTruck
Not happy, Vanilla, because you are not happy. But I can help people find the lighter side sometimes. Bear with me as in some cases you have to go down in order to go up.

I have dyed my hair blazing red just to dye it red. Actually, I wanted the flames, oh yeah! Trust me, the extreme nature of this can be used to your advantage. It's easier to read people when there are extreme circumstances rather than read them in the routine of a normal day. Stress brings what's under the surface to the top, so I watch for behavior around extremes because people can't hind behind masks while they are distracted.

Don't interpret it wrong when your best friend comes up to you and says "OMG, what did you do!" They are not trying to be mean, or say what you've done is bad, but it's different and them reacting to you appearing different then their perception can lead them to be sympathetic for you, but that depends on how "deep" your friends are. Some might react and stay that way, which will only make you feel self conscious. Just put these people in a choke hold and tell them that your hair is the least of their concerns since you can now limit their breathing! Smile Haha, that image made me feel really good... I hope it's working for you!

You can also look at all your new job possibilities: You can now play Raggity Anne or Ronald McDonald on TV! (remember, sometimes down to go up!). I think girls look at the wrong side of the coin when it comes to their hair, and they can never see positive. You'd think this would stop them from messing with it, but it doesn't. Honestly, girls with shaved heads is cute in it's own right, and celebrities do it all the time to boost sales... I don't know why more women don't just shave their heads -- are you not free? Personally, I would never want to be slave to hair care products, or my roots growing out.

I have nothing against dying your hair, but it's an art, and you got a bad batch, dear! Force yourself to make the best of it, and force your brain to come up with some kind of new idea on the subject with how your hair is now... not what you think it should be. Let go... you obviously care much more than anyone else ever could. Give people a chance to think you are an innovator. Put some green in their and dress like a christmas elf or something... anything that forces your imagination to work under these circumstances will help you grow. Being sad will change nothing.

I'm sorry it's not right, but take advantage of a unique situation... your hair may look too good to play with in the near future. Mess around... live life! Be different! You could be a firey red head today and walk around giving fake insults to people. Someone tall -- tell them they are just too short! Someone in a dress -- tell them they should have worn a suit for no reason. Someone walking -- they them they should pick up the pace because they are acting like we all are not dying here! Do whatevs ... just have fun with it!

Normal is so boring, and at least for the rest of your life you can say: "I've had worse"

Hope you have a good day, Vanilla!
deanhills
Vanilla wrote:
Okay, so this is more like a "Fail of the decade". Stupid.

Yesterday I dyed my hair like I always do once a month. I used the same hair dye that I have always used and I left it in my hair for the same time I always did. I did nothing different. I'm a natural dirty blond and although I love my original hair colour, I dye it with a more light strawberry-blond-like one. So when I took that hair dye off my hair I suddenly noticed that my hair colour changed. I'm a freaking red-head right now. I have no soul. I don't know if there was a problem with the whole batch of hair dye, but I'm so pissed I can't even imagine what the problem was. I look like a stupid version of Amy Adams after the Chernobyl disaster. I don't know even if I can correct it since the process of dying it again in a short time is very aggressive. I must have cursed in seven different languages. Hell, I didn't even know that I could compose entire sentences with variations of the F word. I dye my hair by myself since I'm 13, and I'm thinking of processing the company very seriously. What a freaking disaster. The only thing I can do now is post in this topic so you can laugh at my misery. At least someone will be happy.
I'd go for that company in SPADES. RAZE it to the ground. Let them experience the epicenter of a woman's wrath. The curse of all of the women of the world. That company deserves to be set alight. They need to be told the truth. They have to take responsibility for their actions. They have to be made accountable for their actions. They have to know they've wronged a very loyal and dedicated subject. This is an act of sheer provocation. Justification for war. Don't mess with your women I'd say. Don't make them redheads when all they ask is for one shade more blonde. Don't cause pain and suffering. And finally hell has no fury like a woman scorned. Double trouble coming your way. May your toe nails grow in. May thunder and lightning strike you down. May no one ever buy your product again. Amen.
Vanilla
RONALD MCDONALD, ICT??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Okay, so now now I'm calm. I'd rather think of myself as... I don't know. Maybe Black Widow? I'm okay with that! Very Happy

Also Dean you're mean! And I'm very good with rhymes. The thing about toenails, why don't you just talk about having a papercut and pouring some lemon in it?

You guys made my day. I guess the change wasn't THAT dramatic, since no one paid attention to me today (which is kind of weird, I feel like a traffic sign). I guess it's because I'm surrounded by men, and the Y chromosome tends to suppress things like "I just got a haircut!" or "I just had my nails done!"...
deanhills
Haha Vanilla ..... glad you can laugh about it again. Nice to know you're more than your hair. No one noticed expect you.
IceCreamTruck
You get support from me, and dean is ranting? Did that just really happen! This thread is writing itself into history, and I love it!

Thanks for posting that fail, Vanilla, and thanks for taking my statements with a grain of salt because I was sure that they were going to be funnier in my head than they can possibly translate... I laugh at life a lot, and just wanted you to laugh a little too because laughter is good medicine. Trust me... generally the zombies don't notice anything new. I should have said that earlier too!

Dean, I almost peed myself a little dude... I have not seen you rant like that in a minute! It's too funny that the hair product company is actually the bane of such angst. Definitely a surprise to read almost every word in sequence... you still got mad tricks! Maybe you can help, inuyasha with her papers?

Smile This thread's got me in a good mood!

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQARZLgiIrRGVHV-kkei8avHQIH9CXvC93yFsZxCmU0e1WzDXxcHRXa663x[/img]
spinout
fail of the day, best thread ever!

My fail was running on 4th gear on the highway when I got 5...

I switched to bigger tires recently and the revs aint that high anymore so I got fooled...

i didn't switch the back tires so I ride with comfort! The view isn't that equally good but ...

the bigger ones are chinese ones... Hm, cheap yes, but trustworthy ?
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Smile This thread's got me in a good mood!
Me too. I love this thread. And I enjoyed the image too.
Very Happy
menino
haha, this is a nice thread "fail of the day"... I think it should be made into a separate section.

Today my fail was that I woke up late coz my alarm on my phone didn't go off as the battery had died, and just when I was getting ready, I get a whole bunch of phone calls regarding work, so I had to rush off without shaving, but just had a quick shower and brushed teeth, and a bite of breakfast, and zoomed to work.
FAIL!!!!
Asap170
Stop giving this thread props people lol I am the one that created it not the thread!!! BAHAHAHA

My fail of the day is probably going to be my speech in Spanish.
Utopia GFR
My fail of the day would be overwriting Word documents before sending them by email resulting in starting everything again from scratch.

That's one hour loss.

Fortunately those things don't happen everyday.
Vanilla
I think someone somewhere must have made a voodoo doll of me and he/she is now stabbing it. Because I just put my freaking headphones INSIDE A CUP OF HOT COFFEE. I don't know if they're still working since they're wet and hot like Mexico. I'm using my cell's phones to listen music right now. Maybe this is a sign to buy those noise-canceling phones that ICT suggested...

Utopia GFR wrote:
My fail of the day would be overwriting Word documents before sending them by email resulting in starting everything again from scratch.

That's one hour loss.

Fortunately those things don't happen everyday.

I hate when that happens, so I'm a little paranoid about that sort of thing. I tend to save all the documents in different places (including shared folders with my teacher and colleagues) so I can recover the documents at any time. I lost a essay in college when the document was corrupted. The thing is: it was for obtaining my vet degree, so I was very screwed and I had to did everything again in a week. The work of 6 months. Sad
menino
ANother fail of the day today was this morning, when I was going to work, and it was dusty... then after a while just before reaching the office, it started raining, so it was like raining mud.
Just a bit after I got to the office, it stopped raning, and it wasn't dusty at all.
FAIL!!!!
Asap170
My fail the other day was when playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3....I had 5 kills and 15 deaths then another round I had 1 kill and 12 deaths....i guess we all have those days. Hopefully... :/
loremar
This thread is the Fail of the Day!
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-136125.html
hahaha. Can't help but laugh.
Vanilla
loremar wrote:
This thread is the Fail of the Day!
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-136125.html
hahaha. Can't help but laugh.

HAHAHAHA I wanna be a genius too! Guess I'm going to take this test! Laughing
Asap170
Keeping the thread alive! Well I had an egg drop project for class and I failed miserably. Mine only survived 1meter and it had to survive 2meters and 3meters.....I tested it at home and it worked fine from 3meter...My life pretty much sucks right now.
Vanilla
Big fail today, as always... My weekend was just fine, but today I had a pretty harsh allergic reaction (I'm still scratching myself, BTW) and I didn't even know what caused it in the first place. This morning I was in class and I was so absorbed scratching my arms that the teacher threatened to put me out of the class because I wasn't paying attention to the lecture. I felt like a bad kid in kindergarten. I told him that it wasn't my fault, that I was interested in the class, that my arm was itching badly... But I don't think he believed me. Now I got scratches in my arms, my back, my neck (and now it looks like I have a hickey. Classy.). Looks like a got into a fight with a tiger and lost. I still don't know the cause of the allergy. And I can't take some anti-histamine medication because then I'll be sleepy and I need to write an essay. By the time I finish the essay, I think I won't have my skin anymore. Sad

Asap170 wrote:
Keeping the thread alive! Well I had an egg drop project for class and I failed miserably. Mine only survived 1meter and it had to survive 2meters and 3meters.....I tested it at home and it worked fine from 3meter...My life pretty much sucks right now.

I'm sorry, but I need to ask... What were you using? One day I saw this program about a research facility and some Japanese guys were using this special foam, and they were dropping eggs from 6 meters and it landed intact in the foam. I mean, just woa!
Bikerman
My students normally manage 10 metres - that's about as far as we can drop them (from the top floor).
We normally give them a balloon, some cardboard, a couple of drinking straws and some tape....
IceCreamTruck
I love these kinds of experiments. Can you describe any of the more successful design ideas? 10 meters is impressive -- that's a high dive!
IceCreamTruck
I just had the thought that Bikerman may be in the category of floating the egg down, or a softer impact, and Asap170 sounds like they are just dropping the egg with protection to see how it holds up?

I love these kinds of experiments, but you definitely have to define the terms.
Asap170
Gese!!!!! So we had 50 straws, 10 rubber bands, 8 paper clips, and an egg.

My design was somewhat of a ball with the egg in the middle of it with rubberbands holding the little box i had made. I tested it from 9 feet in the air and it worked (after the third revision)....Went to school....
1meter: Successful
2meter: Fail and Failed on another try.
3meter: Didn't even make it to it.

The issue was that my holder for the egg got way off center so it was hiting the ground cause of the lack of space for the rubber bands to work fully....

Hopefully that explains everything ya'll wanted to know.
IceCreamTruck
yep, I've broken lots of eggs playing around with ideas on that one.

Wow, I see lots of ways that could be possible, not to belittle your attempt, but to say that is a lot of materials.

Could you simply surround the egg with enough straws to keep the eggs safe, keeping the whole thing together with rubber bands?

Could you construct wire springs from the eight paper clips that would correctly distribute the bounce? I think this would be particularly hard, but fun to try.

Could you bungee jump the egg on the rubber bands to touch the ground? Think cutting the rubber bands into thin strips. This is funny because the object is to touch the ground, but I don't think anyone has said the egg must stay there. Smile

Can you build something on the ground to catch the egg?
Bikerman
Successful designs tend to make use of either parachute (boring) or rotor (a solution one of my best students came up with) or other method of retarding acceleration, coupled to a well-designed crumple-zone for the egg...
spinout
the fail today is easy -> rusty wheels... I coulnd't get of my winter tires from the Ford mondeo... it was rusted together with the car... The nuts was no problems though...

I bought cold spray... used the whole bottle... nope... still jammed...

I went to my pal and used the welding stuff.... nope still stuck....

We went over the street pavements with loose bolts ..... yippiie! tires left the car...!!!

4 hours of work just for this!
Vanilla
Today I got a pretty painful fail. Let me illustrate that for you.

They say that biting the skin around your nail is a sign of anxiety. I've been anxious all my life so yeah, not shocking. I can't bite my nails because I know all the damage I can do to my teeth when I do that, so I tend to bite other things (pens, my fingers, boyfriends etc.).
Josso
deanhills
Cosmoslayer
Vanilla wrote:
Today I got a pretty painful fail. Let me illustrate that for you.

They say that biting the skin around your nail is a sign of anxiety. I've been anxious all my life so yeah, not shocking. I can't bite my nails because I know all the damage I can do to my teeth when I do that, so I tend to bite other things (pens, my fingers, boyfriends etc.).

So true!
Josso
spinout
Todays fail was when I breaked and I felt how my suitcase fell in the backseat onto the floor...
o shit - my lunchbox!!!!! I stopped and caused some traffic jam before I realized the lunchbox was still in the back seat... puhhhh.... casserole to lunch then!!!!
spinout
more lunchbox failure... the cat ate 1 and a half lunch box from me yesterday. these was filled with chicken wings... That cat flew out the door...
Vanilla
I need to stop this! I'm eating my fingers!

Yesterday I got this bruise on my middle finger. You can't imagine how painful this little things are. It's cold and it hurts even more. I prefer to be kicked by a cow, I'm pretty sure it'll hurt less!
loremar
Vanilla wrote:
I need to stop this! I'm eating my fingers!

Yesterday I got this bruise on my middle finger. You can't imagine how painful this little things are. It's cold and it hurts even more. I prefer to be kicked by a cow, I'm pretty sure it'll hurt less!

Wow Vanilla you've gone mad! Shocked

Well, I hope it doesn't get terribly worse and cut yourself like what other people do.

Maybe you should try to relax and breath to get off from your frustration and just calm down instead of eating your fingers?
deanhills
Just a paper cut can sting, so to go chewing one's fingers has to be maximum self-torture. And since Vanilla is a vet probably has to wash her hands regularly with strong soap, so must be hurting doubly badly.
briankid
deanhills all the images you ve been posting are cool, why dont you open an image blog
standready
First, I have my own house for many years now. I would never and have never ask my parents for money even though they have plenty. Yet, the more I do for my parents, the more is expected. No appreciation ever but I do get told I am worthless all the time especially if I don't do exactly what they want, when they want and exactly how they want it done. I have lost jobs because of doing things that should have been my parent's responsibility.
I would not mind if they were incapable of doing these things but they are just lazy!!! They treat their dog's sh!t better than their only remaining child. My brother got the better end - he is dead!

Sorry for the rant but I failed yet again today.
deanhills
That sucks Standready and I can relate. Would moving States help?
standready
deanhills wrote:

I am thinking about moving to another planet in another galaxy. Even that might not be far enough away.
deanhills
standready wrote:
deanhills wrote:

I am thinking about moving to another planet in another galaxy. Even that might not be far enough away.
Right.

standready
deanhills wrote:
Right.

Actually, I do have my resume submitted to a F1 race team in the UK for an engineering position.
deanhills
standready wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Right.

Actually, I do have my resume submitted to a F1 race team in the UK for an engineering position.
Sounds right on ..... also a great place for singing. I've seen some people singing in Leicester Square on Sunday's .