FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

mouse button double clicks

lightwate
So we have like 5 wireless mice at home, all of them are Logitech, 3 model varieties. But two of them 'double clicks' most of the time even if you click it just once. This is really annoying when moving windows and especially in playing rts games.

It's probably a problem with the switch inside, but I wonder, is anyone else having the same problem? maybe the brand is just bad?
cybersa
Did you checked by replacing the working mouse with non working mouse?
Did you checked the Mouse setting in Control Panel?

If above are correct then it is a hardware problem.
lightwate
yeah, even tested it on different PCs. I did some research and it says that the problem really is with the micro switch inside. I'll have to buy new switches and solder it inside Neutral

btw, Another mouse just gave in - another logitech but this time it's not wireless.

Anyway, I found some useful instructions on how to change the switch should any of you need to: http://www.overclockers.com/mouse-clicking-troubles-diy-repair/

Also, there's this software some guy made that fixes the double click issues. It probably captures the 'very fast' double clicks caused by the faulty switch and replaces that 'command' with a single click. It's kinda cool, I will try it later Very Happy http://www.experienceit.pl/download
weableandbob
I've never heard of anyone having this problem. It's weird that you have two with the same problem. I personally use a Logitech g500 and have for some time without any problems. My advice would be to try a different model that is more reliable.