FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

edit option not available for a text file

boinsterman
I have a text file ("blog_XML_test1.xsl") for which the "Edit" link does not appear in that row. The relevant row data (copied and pasted from that row, from directory http://worldthinker.frihost.org:2222/CMD_FILE_MANAGER/domains/worldthinker.frihost.org/public_html/r2s_7634/) is:

Quote:
blog_XML_test1.xsl 6.59k 644 Rename | Copy Mar 8 08:30 2012

I got around this by copying and pasting the filename into the edit url of another text file in the same directory (replacing that filename). I can edit it again by hitting the "Back" button in my browser. However, this does appear to be a glitch and should be dealt with. I suspect the file is somehow classified as an image file, as the image files do not have an edit option.

Thanks,
Boinsterman
Bondings
That is most likely DirectAdmin not thinking it is a text file and hence not displaying the edit option. I don't think that there is anything I can do about that, sorry.

However there should be an easier/quicker (I think) way. You can rename the file extension to .txt (or something else), edit it and then rename it back to .xsl.
Asap170
Bondings, can't you just go in the source code and add an exception? Because somewhere it has the list of file types that can show the options.
Bondings
@Asap170, DirectAdmin is closed source. However I found an indication that it uses the default mime types (text), so I added .xsl there - but I'm not sure if it will work though.
boinsterman
Thanks Bondings.

That was about what I was going to try next. Just now, the Edit option was available. But I saved it as a txt file just to have a copy of the code in case it happens again.

Given that it was working fine before, with no code changes, the real question is how that could happen. But that might not be a webhosting problem, so I'll tackle it in another way.

Boinsterman