FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Wow, Deanhills, this thread is for you!

IceCreamTruck
Did anyone beside me notice that Deanhills is about to crest 15,000 posts? Is anyone else even close? At the time of writing this I believe you have 51 posts left until this milestone! Smile Keep up the good work!

P.S. is this the pony power you speak of?
Ankhanu
He's been edging for a while... I really don't think anyone else is close!
He made a blog post about it Mar 8
http://www.frihost.com/users/deanhills/blog/vp-134903.html
ocalhoun
^.^
and a bunch of posts on my forum!

He's been busy.
IceCreamTruck
ocalhoun wrote:
^.^
and a bunch of posts on my forum!

He's been busy.

Haha, cool! I should canter over there and have a peak at the convo! Smile

Ocalhoun, it's good to see you, Bud. I think I read somewhere that you have been MIA or not as active. I was disappointed, but no more cause here you are! Smile
busaboss
Congratulations to deanhills in his upcoming achievement. That really takes a lot of hard work to do. And thank you for being a guy by awarding me in 1 quality post I made. Smile
deanhills
Wow ICT. I'm touched - thanks! Beginning to feel like that other fun thread we had, remember the one when you were about to crest 500 good ones and look where you are now! Cool
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
Wow ICT. I'm touched - thanks! Beginning to feel like that other fun thread we had, remember the one when you were about to crest 500 good ones and look where you are now! Cool

Because of this thread, and topic idea, I had thought to go back to that thread and do a little math to check on my rates. I know that I tend to drop off around the time that I'm programming more software, but I was hoping to encourage myself again, as that thread really did bring frihost home for me. That was when I learned that I really do like frihost, and enjoy my friends here, of which, you are one, Dean!

I seem to remember that it was said that my first 1000 would be the hardest, and then it would speed up. Well, I'm past halfway to 2000 now, so I believe it to be true.
ocalhoun
IceCreamTruck wrote:

Ocalhoun, it's good to see you, Bud. I think I read somewhere that you have been MIA or not as active. I was disappointed, but no more cause here you are! Smile

I've been busy on my forum. ^.^
I could visit mine and get a lot of new posts to read and reply to every few hours... but Frihost seems to have slowed down to the point where if I visit more than a couple times a week, there's just no new activity.

Don't worry though... I may not come by as often, but I'll still be coming occasionally for a long time to come.
IceCreamTruck
ocalhoun wrote:
I'll still be coming occasionally for a long time to come.

Yeah, I've noticed. I took a few days away from frihost again, and when I came back I was thinking that I'd be overloaded with new stuff to look at, but to tell the truth, we've all seen more active times on frihost. I don't know what's changed except that facebook has been invented while we were all chatting on here. Some would argue that we are missing nothing, and I agree! Smile
chasbeen
Dean Hills personifies the light hearted not for profit characters that bounce around this website.
MORE POWER 2 YERS!
deanhills
Thanks Chasbeen Embarassed I may have made numbers but there are many others like you who are stalwarts of Frihost. Long live you all!
IceCreamTruck
chasbeen wrote:
Dean Hills personifies the light hearted not for profit characters that bounce around this website.
MORE POWER 2 YERS!

Actually, he's trying to take over the world with posts! Not much longer now! -39 + 15000
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
chasbeen wrote:
MORE POWER 2 YERS!

Actually, he's trying to take over the world with posts! Not much longer now! -39 + 15000
Yeah right. I wish it were that easy. Twisted Evil
chasbeen
ICT
WELL IF HE IS.....

He'll have to come and get it off me first!
deanhills
chasbeen wrote:
ICT
WELL IF HE IS.....

He'll have to come and get it off me first!
Not an icicle's hope of that. How's your move coming on? Very Happy
IceCreamTruck
-10 + 15000

Go, Dean, Go! Woot! Home stretch! Sprint Sprint! hahah
Asap170
Oh Snap Dean! That is freaking amazing and awesome! I say Frihost should host a party! Bondings...? Where you at man! Lets give this guy the time of his life.

Now as I am randomly typing I came up with an idea...To the suggestion forum!
deanhills
Embarassed Thanks ASAP. I don't know about amazing I think there is a Mod or two, or who knows more, who think I've been spamming the Forum for a few years. Haha .... Twisted Evil
Asap170
Lol your just a friendly spammer.
rjraaz
Congratulations! Dean.

Sorry to notice your success that much late. So, now you are elite frihoster.
deanhills
rjraaz wrote:
Congratulations! Dean.

Sorry to notice your success that much late. So, now you are elite frihoster.
I became Elite Frihoster at 7500 posts rjraaz. So nothing has changed in my rank since then. Mention was made in my 15,000 blog post about changing my rank but I guess it did not rank that highly in the priority of things at Frihost.
loremar
Asap170 wrote:

Like I suspected. Twisted Evil
Dean's sneaking with spammy posts and nobody's even noticed.
deanhills
loremar wrote:
Asap170 wrote:

Like I suspected. Twisted Evil
Dean's sneaking with spammy posts and nobody's even noticed.
Right. Depends on the eye of the beholder of course. Twisted Evil
Asap170
I am not sure if this was mentioned already, but I noticed that Dean has more posts then Bondings. I find that very funny. I wish I would have that many one day... I shall keep dreaming.
deanhills
Asap170 wrote:
I am not sure if this was mentioned already, but I noticed that Dean has more posts then Bondings. I find that very funny. I wish I would have that many one day... I shall keep dreaming.
At one stage in the history of Frihost a large number of posts meant something, but I've seen the odd post by staff over the last few months hinting that a large number of posts doesn't necessarily make for a quality member. I'm sure it was not personally meant against me but it probably gives the message that number of posts don't necessarily mean that much at Frihost.
loremar
deanhills wrote:
Asap170 wrote:
At one stage in the history of Frihost a large number of posts meant something, but I've seen the odd post by staff over the last few months hinting that a large number of posts doesn't necessarily make for a quality member. I'm sure it was not personally meant against me but it probably gives the message that number of posts don't necessarily mean that much at Frihost.

What? Of course it does. What the **** are they saying!
More posts, more replies, more interaction, more activities, more energy, more love for frihost!
A large number of posts means you have industriously replied to members who wanted response from the forum.
It also means you have made lots of topics for everyone to talk about (that would be excluding me because I'm not a topic starter - too shy to start a topic).
Well, some of the posts may not be intelligent but at least everyone can see that frihost is alive and active. Everyone can see that there are people here who are communicating and interacting like in regular daily lives. And some people who could read the forums may relate, laugh, and learn.

Frihost is like a huge novel or a tv series! Very Happy
IceCreamTruck
Dean waits for no man! I've been too busy to look but he's at 15k +15 now!! Dean, FTW, with or without support! I like it!

That is quite the achievement, Dean!
D'Artagnan
i'll get you dean sooner or later i'll get you! Razz
truespeed
If Dean stopped posting now never to post again i think only Bondings would eventually overtake his 15k+ number of posts,i can't see anyone else ever getting near that number.
IceCreamTruck
I bet that if you did it truespeed then it would be exactly 4:44.
deanhills
loremar wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Asap170 wrote:

What? Of course it does. What the **** are they saying!
More posts, more replies, more interaction, more activities, more energy, more love for frihost!
A large number of posts means you have industriously replied to members who wanted response from the forum.
It also means you have made lots of topics for everyone to talk about (that would be excluding me because I'm not a topic starter - too shy to start a topic).
Well, some of the posts may not be intelligent but at least everyone can see that frihost is alive and active. Everyone can see that there are people here who are communicating and interacting like in regular daily lives. And some people who could read the forums may relate, laugh, and learn.

Frihost is like a huge novel or a tv series! Very Happy
Thanks Loremar. You've made my day. My thoughts exactly. You've just managed to say it much better than I could have myself.

@ICT. Thanks for lifting things up everywhere! Nice when you're around as things are always upbeat in your presence.

@Truespeed. You're right about Bondings becoming No. 1 eventually again. I'm not sure whether I'll stop though, but I'm thinking of easing back a little. Follow in the foot steps of our Mighty Leaders.

@D'Artagnan. Haha .... I'm almost certain you will.
IceCreamTruck
Kind words, Dean. Honestly, frihost is nothing without a diverse group of people involved. It's a good idea, but the participation and patronage is what fills it out and gives it substance.

Other forums pay their members for searchable posts that give content to a web site, and let's just put that value low... say around 5 dollars, which I've heard as much as $50 for quality posts.

If you multiply $5 dollars across all of your posts, then the worth is $75,000 dollars. I know my posts aren't worth that much.

Any ignoring of Deans accomplishment or belittling of that accomplishment is a travesty of people not actually observing the value of his contribution. The best way to value it, in that case, would be to cut it off and watch what happens when the contribution stops. Personally I don't recommend this course of action because it would be the same as cutting off a major artery into frihost, and you jeopardize the health of the community.

Anyone have the extra $45 dollars per post that dean should get, so we can pay him the full $750,000 value of all his posts? I sure don't have it, but I sure like reading his posts!
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Anyone have the extra $45 dollars per post that dean should get, so we can pay him the full $750,000 value of all his posts? I sure don't have it, but I sure like reading his posts!
Sounds good to me! Haha .... Laughing
LostOverThere
Good work, deanhills. It's nice to see there's at least some people who actually care about this place as a community, rather than just a way of maintaining a hosting account.

Here's to another 15,000! Wink
Bluedoll
LostOverThere wrote:
Good work, deanhills. It's nice to see there's at least some people who actually care about this place as a community, rather than just a way of maintaining a hosting account.

I'm just doing this to maintain a hosting account. Laughing

Deanhill do you need help? Laughing
deanhills
LostOverThere wrote:

Thanks LOT. Much appreciated. Cool
Ankhanu
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Any ignoring of Deans accomplishment or belittling of that accomplishment is a travesty of people not actually observing the value of his contribution. The best way to value it, in that case, would be to cut it off and watch what happens when the contribution stops. Personally I don't recommend this course of action because it would be the same as cutting off a major artery into frihost, and you jeopardize the health of the community.

He's actually quit FriHost a couple times for a little while, and activity definitely slows considerably after a little while after. Initially posting remains pretty much the same, but then it starts to trickle off in time.
Ignoring post quality, just the amount that Dean posts keeps topics active and in the eyes of other users. Add in his occasionally controversial statements and they spurn some users into replying. Add in other elements of quality, and we see the full range of how his posts contribute to the overall activity level of the forum.
deanhills
Thanks Ankhanu. Makes it worthwhile when I read it through your eyes. You're not doing too badly yourself though. Consistent posting every day. Like Standready and a few others. The life blood of Frihost.
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
The life blood of Frihost.

The last time this was mentioned we got raided by a horde of rabid flying monkeys, and the life blood was kid napped. We had to elect Dean as a "sheriff de jour" so he could form a posse consisting of
Bondings, Ocalhoun, Bikerman, Rvec, Indi, GhostRider, Ankhanu, Truespeed, Standready, and Watersoul. Bluedoll, by her own admittance, only rode along for the hosting.

While they were gone Evil Daddy tried to replace the heart of frihost with the horn of a Unicorn, but the posse was able to return the life blood before frihost's soul became corrupted by Evil Daddy's dark magic.

The rest... is history! Smile

PS. Sweet, that's four right there! Only two more impossible things to think of before breakfast! Well, we could always elect Dean as "sheriff de jour", so better make that 3 more things.
deanhills
This made my evening, great story. ICT is not only a man of rational thought, but a great hand at fiction writing. Evil Daddy is AWESOME.
Laughing
darthrevan
The most I have posted was just over a thousand and yeah dean would have to quit posting a few years and everyone post a lot to catch up LOL. I know I'll never catch up to it, others might be able to.
deanhills
darthrevan wrote:
The most I have posted was just over a thousand and yeah dean would have to quit posting a few years and everyone post a lot to catch up LOL. I know I'll never catch up to it, others might be able to.
I'm sure they can if they wanted to. Except it's not that fashionable any longer to have "too many" posts. It's quality that counts. I'd say a respectable number of posts for those who have made a good-sized contribution in number of posts or have posted regularly from the beginning of time would be from 2000 to around 13000.

Whether I have too many posts don't really worry me that much however. I love posting, and I'm hoping the number is making a contribution to Frihost's bottom line number.
darthrevan
deanhills wrote:

Whether I have too many posts don't really worry me that much however. I love posting, and I'm hoping the number is making a contribution to Frihost's bottom line number.

The amount of posts you are contributing does help the bottom line I bet, though like I said I am not good at posting quite frankly. I don't have a lot to say in general. Though I have earned 5 points for maybe a couple of posts I have done. I think one of them was a political post. I wish I was better at posting content, but I am not, so oh well I guess. I will post what I can.
deanhills
I'm enjoying your posts. I was thinking earlier today how hard we are on ourselves some times, trying to compare our posts with others'. I sometimes see a post, and wish I could write that well. Guess we are all different, and makes sense we won't all write the same quality posts. As long as we are happy with our posts, and tried our best with what we've written is what count the most. Think that is what Bondings probably also wants us to be. Apart from wanting us to post of course.
coolclay
Quote:
I'm sure they can if they wanted to. Except it's not that fashionable any longer to have "too many" posts. It's quality that counts. I'd say a respectable number of posts for those who have made a good-sized contribution in number of posts or have posted regularly from the beginning of time would be from 2000 to around 13000.

I see what you're saying man, I am just another Frihost slug! :slithers away with only 1415 posts and being here from almost day one:

But seriously awesome Dean, I can't even begin to fathom that many posts. I wish I had the time, but alas, real life strikes again.
darthrevan
coolclay wrote:
Quote:

I see what you're saying man, I am just another Frihost slug! :slithers away with only 1415 posts and being here from almost day one:

But seriously awesome Dean, I can't even begin to fathom that many posts. I wish I had the time, but alas, real life strikes again.

Oh yeah, life always tends to strike, like it it not Shhh. I post when I an at home and while at work on breaks and lunches, so I get some time to post.
truespeed
Dean should be given a lot of credit for the amount of posting he does,frihost isn't the easiest of forums to post on,not because the content isn't varied,but because the userbase is mainly indifferent,I sometimes think if dean went away,within 6 months frihost would be averaging below 2000 posts a month.
Josso
I see what your saying yeah if the 05ers had the same post rate we'd have like 30k of posts which would generate a lot of replies sort of like a snowball

Also good to see some fresh people around as well making a good effort

As I said let's clone dean see if we can get back to some high monthly numbers
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
Dean should be given a lot of credit for the amount of posting he does,frihost isn't the easiest of forums to post on,not because the content isn't varied,but because the userbase is mainly indifferent,I sometimes think if dean went away,within 6 months frihost would be averaging below 2000 posts a month.
That's nice to say! Thanks. Cool Although there are you and many others who are consistently around, more than for Website space, for which I'm very grateful.
darthrevan
[quote=deanhills]Although there are you and many others who are consistently around, more than for Website space, for which I'm very grateful.[/quote]

You are welcome since i am probably one of the people you are referring too heh. I am glad to be here as well even though i mainly wanted hosting but i also want to be partook a good community like the others probably.