FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Coin Incentives for Higher Ranks

loremar
I just made this suggestion recently:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-1084929.html#1084929 wrote:
I was also thinking recently. Maybe members can get bonus coins for reaching a rank. The higher the rank the bigger the bonus coins you get? I was just thinking that, because old Frihosters would want to give away coins through contests. Contests add fun in the forums and its a shame that they have to have to reap alot of coins from their own pocket.

or maybe a domain name or coins of that equivalent. Seems like a good price to give away through a contest after achieving a new rank. Doing a contest also serves like a commemoration for reaching a new rank.

I'm not sure though, it doesn't seem like it's easy to monitor rank changes.
Ghost Rider103
I think a domain name or the equivalent would be a bit much. It really doesn't take all that much to change your rank (unless you're up there with Elite Frihoster).

I was thinking something more along the lines of 10-30 coins for ranking up. Of course the higher the rank, the more the coins. The lower the rank, the less coins you will get.

Here's an outline of the current ranking system: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-14966.html As you can see, you are fairly close to ranking up. Very Happy
loremar
I dunno, I just felt older members should be getting more coins than new members.
I was thinking about Sage/Elite when I said domain name. To get to Sage from Senior Frihoster you need 2000 posts . A domain name doesn't sound like that much. Probably worth about 10% of your efforts for reaching that rank. And there doesn't seem to be a lot of members who candidates for sage rank. But that's just me. Of course, if they don't need a domain then they can throw a way a contest to get rid of it. Either way it's a good way to celebrate your achievement.
sonam
I think approximately 5% rewards in coins will help to posting. Here is my suggestion:

0-49 Posts - New Member - 2,5 coins
50-99 Posts - Frihost Wannabe - 5 coins
100-199 Posts - Junior Frihoster - 10 coins
200-399 Posts - Adolescent Frihoster - 20 coins
400-999 Posts - Frihoster - 50 coins
1000-2999 Posts - Senior Frihoster - 150 coins
3000-7499 Posts - Frihost Sage
7500+ - Elite Frihoster

In that case member will get 237,5 coins for 3000 posts and (I am sure) the other for free domain will gain with posting above 45 points.
Only I don't know how to reward Sage and Elite rank (Sage - 400 coooooooins, Elite will never get maximum for rewarding). Shocked

Sonam
busaboss
I think sonam's suggestion is just right. The awarded coins should not be too big in that way it will only be regarded as a bonus for being active.
Vanilla
Loved the coins idea! It will boost the number of posts here and it will bring more regular members. Good one, Loremar! Very Happy
deanhills
Vanilla wrote:
Loved the coins idea! It will boost the number of posts here and it will bring more regular members. Good one, Loremar! Very Happy
Agreed. Anything that can boost posts is a good idea. Great suggestion Loremar.

Thanks for the stats part of the suggestion Sonam. Very Happy
cybersa
sonam wrote:
I think approximately 5% rewards in coins will help to posting. Here is my suggestion:

0-49 Posts - New Member - 2,5 coins
50-99 Posts - Frihost Wannabe - 5 coins
100-199 Posts - Junior Frihoster - 10 coins
200-399 Posts - Adolescent Frihoster - 20 coins
400-999 Posts - Frihoster - 50 coins
1000-2999 Posts - Senior Frihoster - 150 coins
3000-7499 Posts - Frihost Sage
7500+ - Elite Frihoster

In that case member will get 237,5 coins for 3000 posts and (I am sure) the other for free domain will gain with posting above 45 points.
Only I don't know how to reward Sage and Elite rank (Sage - 400 coooooooins, Elite will never get maximum for rewarding). Shocked

Sonam

i like this idea.
It will motivate the User to active in this forum.

If this suggestion is accepted,i would i get 150 coins Smile Very Happy
sonam
cybersa wrote:

i like this idea.
It will motivate the User to active in this forum.

If this suggestion is accepted,i would i get 150 coins Smile Very Happy

No, no Shame on you you didn't understand. You will get 50 coins (or maybe 87,5) once you are reach 1000 posts. I don't think it is clever to paid in advance. Razz

Sonam
milkshake01
Yes, this is a good idea.
the_emissary
What became of this? Was the idea accepted by management or just swept under the carpet?
deanhills
the_emissary wrote:
What became of this? Was the idea accepted by management or just swept under the carpet?
I don't think it's a case of sweeping things under the carpet. If you check through some of the suggestions that have been made, staff have been quite enthusiastic, such as a little bit of a facelift, etc. etc. Management really means the owner, Bondings, however, as he prefers to do most of everything himself. He hasn't had enough time over the last two years or so to dive into the suggestions forum, so whatever time he has available has been spent on the bare essentials of optimal server performance (all four of them), websites doing OK, etc. We've got kind'a used to that now, probably the reason as well that the suggestions forum has gone as quiet as it has. Not a biggie though as Frihost is still alive and cracking without the bells and whistles that have been suggested. We could be a bit more busier in the Forum, but we're still making more than 2000 posts per month.
twotrophy
deanhills wrote:
the_emissary wrote:
I don't think it's a case of sweeping things under the carpet. If you check through some of the suggestions that have been made, staff have been quite enthusiastic, such as a little bit of a facelift, etc. etc. Management really means the owner, Bondings, however, as he prefers to do most of everything himself. He hasn't had enough time over the last two years or so to dive into the suggestions forum, so whatever time he has available has been spent on the bare essentials of optimal server performance (all four of them), websites doing OK, etc. We've got kind'a used to that now, probably the reason as well that the suggestions forum has gone as quiet as it has. Not a biggie though as Frihost is still alive and cracking without the bells and whistles that have been suggested. We could be a bit more busier in the Forum, but we're still making more than 2000 posts per month.

I wonder why did Bondings became inactive. I do understand that running the website would take up a lot of time. Perhaps it may be due to personal reasons such as a job change which I would try to understand. I have been also far less active although I am trying to be more active. In the mean time, I will try to enjoy the forum more. By the way, I've noticed that the points system has been giving out less points. Is it due to an update, a glitch or is it not true?
Pande
I don't think # of coins should be more after having made more posts. The quality of posts is unlikely to change in that time.
Pande
I don't think # of coins should be more after having made more posts. The quality of posts is unlikely to change in that time.
deanhills
twotrophy wrote:
deanhills wrote:
the_emissary wrote:

I wonder why did Bondings became inactive. I do understand that running the website would take up a lot of time. Perhaps it may be due to personal reasons such as a job change which I would try to understand. I have been also far less active although I am trying to be more active. In the mean time, I will try to enjoy the forum more. By the way, I've noticed that the points system has been giving out less points. Is it due to an update, a glitch or is it not true?
Guess Bondings is completely focused on his career at the time, so it probably has something to do with a job or a project. I haven't noticed less points. Why not post it in the Frihost Support forum and see whether others are experiencing the same thing?
loremar
Wow, I created a thread? Really WOW!
And this was me more than a year ago. haha
deanhills
loremar wrote:
Wow, I created a thread? Really WOW!
And this was me more than a year ago. haha
I thought exactly the same thing. Nice to see you posting here again though. Very Happy