FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

flashlight no batteries required

nguyenvulong

Lights are extremely compact design, only half as big as your hand.
- Led light bulb for use bright white, high-strength ball without fear of fire.
- Especially without using the battery charger that is not all .....
- To contribute to energy saving and environmental protection - to show the style of modern young people.
- There are many colors to choose from.
- Convenient to take with you when traveling, the dark road, when a power failure.
Product Information:
- Name of Product: Rechargeable Lights by hand.
- Color: Red, yellow, blue and white.
- Origin: China. Twisted Evil
ocalhoun
1- Yes it does have batteries: rechargable and non-removable. Otherwise, you would have to crank it continuously, and it would go dark the moment you stopped.
2- Hand-crank powered flashlights are nothing new. They've been around for decades... Sure, advances like more efficient LED bulbs and better batteries make them better and more practical, but the concept is still the same... And this isn't the first to use LED's and good batteries either.
3- The construction of it looks cheap and flimsy. (Unsurprising, being from China.) I would prefer one made mostly with metal parts, rather than cheap plastic... And if I was in the market for such a thing, I would be willing to pay significantly more for a version that would be less likely to shatter the first time I dropped it.
jmraker
I once had a hand crank LED flashlight. It worked good with 30 seconds of cranking for about 18 or so months until I needed it to work to find my cat outdoors in the dark, the light quickly faded and only worked halfway decently while I was cranking it (while trying to find my cat who was wearing a cone around his head after a little ear surgury). I eventually got mad and "rage cranked" it until the plastic gears broke and it died. I took the thing apart and the batteries were 3 little button sized batteries wired together.

I now have 2 solar powered flashlights, one on my key chain and one in my car and their batteries will probably one day fail to recharge

http://www.amazon.com/Rayovac-BRSLRK-Brilliant-Solutions-Batteries/dp/B003DDBTTC
cybersa
I had one torch or flash light like this.
But it is built with two Chargeable batteries.
vaishnavsm
Quote:
Lights are extremely compact design, only half as big as your hand.
- Led light bulb for use bright white, high-strength ball without fear of fire.
- Especially without using the battery charger that is not all .....
- To contribute to energy saving and environmental protection - to show the style of modern young people.
- There are many colors to choose from.
- Convenient to take with you when traveling, the dark road, when a power failure.
Product Information:
- Name of Product: Rechargeable Lights by hand.
- Color: Red, yellow, blue and white.
- Origin: China. Twisted Evil

I Had had a ton of these.
They are very old.
Heck, I've taken a bunch apart Twisted Evil .

===============================
See all evil Say all evil Hear all Evil
But don't repeat it.
Evil or Very Mad
Josso
^ True dat

I've had one with a solar panel on it that charges during the day that was alright. Best one I owned had a copper coil + magnet in the middle and you just shake it to charge.
blueskull85
wow, Looks like another one of those China.. To good to be true type of product.. I rather buy battires then to deal with that.. I have a regualr LED flashlight From all 4 a 1$ shop it work once then stopped working go figure right?
SonLight
ocalhoun wrote:
1- Yes it does have batteries: rechargable and non-removable. Otherwise, you would have to crank it continuously, and it would go dark the moment you stopped.

Yes, most of these devices do have batteries. But I know of a radio that's hand-crank, and it winds up a spring instead of using a battery. I don't remember the details now, but they were very well made and I believe they would play for about half an hour before you had to crank again.

I'm trying to remember about the hand-crank option for the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) device, which it subsequently lost. I believe it used a rechargeable battery.
Dennise
Are they really batteries?

Technology has radically improved the capacity of low voltage (LEDs use low voltage) capacitors which can have a nearly unlimited number of charge/discharge cycles.
ocalhoun
Dennise wrote:

Technology has radically improved the capacity of low voltage (LEDs use low voltage) capacitors which can have a nearly unlimited number of charge/discharge cycles.

1- Crummy rechargeable batteries are probably cheaper than arrays of capacitors.
2- This product is from China (and therefore will use the cheapest possible option for all components)
Therefore,
3- It probably uses batteries.

As I said before, make it with premium components and actually build it to be durable and I might be slightly interested.
Otherwise, no thanks. I've no use for an emergency flashlight that's easily broken.
Dennise
Some day I'll tear one apart and see what's in there.
milkshake01
I saw that before. It's not expensive.
slimviking
jmraker wrote:
I once had a hand crank LED flashlight. It worked good with 30 seconds of cranking for about 18 or so months until I needed it to work to find my cat outdoors in the dark, the light quickly faded and only worked halfway decently while I was cranking it (while trying to find my cat who was wearing a cone around his head after a little ear surgury). I eventually got mad and "rage cranked" it until the plastic gears broke and it died.

I took the thing apart and the batteries were 3 little button sized batteries wired together.

I once owned a similar "handshake" rechargeable torch, that, after some month cease to recharge.

after open it I found the same thing: 3 button cell, hidden inside, the "handshake dynamo" was fake.

After this I bought a regular led torch with 3 AAA size cell.
2 years and still work.
And the cells are carbon zinc !
jmraker
jmraker wrote:
I once had a hand crank LED flashlight. It worked good with 30 seconds of cranking for about 18 or so months until I needed it to work to find my cat outdoors in the dark, the light quickly faded and only worked halfway decently while I was cranking it (while trying to find my cat who was wearing a cone around his head after a little ear surgury). I eventually got mad and "rage cranked" it until the plastic gears broke and it died. I took the thing apart and the batteries were 3 little button sized batteries wired together.

I now have 2 solar powered flashlights, one on my key chain and one in my car and their batteries will probably one day fail to recharge

http://www.amazon.com/Rayovac-BRSLRK-Brilliant-Solutions-Batteries/dp/B003DDBTTC

The rayovac keychain solar light mentioned above as predicted stopped charging. Inside was a LIR2032 Li-Ion battery with wires soldered to both sides. https://www.google.com/search?q=LIR2032+3.6v+battery&hl=en&source=univ&tbm=shop

The other solar powered regular sized flashlight still works.
JoryRFerrell
jmraker wrote:

You could buy a high-quality, high-farad capacitor and replace the battery. That'll solve the life span issue. Smile
mustatab
Everything works on batteries but Tesla started magnetic generator for free electricity
ocalhoun
mustatab wrote:
Everything works on batteries but Tesla started magnetic generator for free electricity

Every single part of that statement is wrong.

1: there are lots of things, even electrical things, that don't have or need any batteries
2: Tesla didn't invent the 'magnetic generator'... by which I hope you mean a generator that utilizes magnets and not some mystery invention suppressed by 'the man'.
3: No type of generator gives 'free' electricity