FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Logout problem (Cookie?)

ckong
I often (4 to 5 times now) been logged out automatically when switching between pages in the forum. Previously (before today) I never experienced this problem so I think it might be a cookie setting problem with your phpBB forum.

In fact I had dealed with this problem before in my own phpBB (a decade ago...) and it ended up with a cookie setting problem in which I'm NOT supposed put a www. in front of the cookie domain or something similar.
mOrpheuS
never happened to me.
I think this phpBB is correctly configured in this regard.

but I've heard of people having this kind of problems (I don't think it's something specific to phpBB).

not sure what the solution is, though Confused
ldnet
I think that it depends on the website, most website will not need the www. infront of them like subdomains im pretty sure they dont work with it, you can also try clearing your cookies and changing the setting on your computer. Just a suggestion.
mOrpheuS
ldnet wrote:
most website will not need the www. infront of them like subdomains im pretty sure they dont work with it, you can also try clearing your cookies and changing the setting on your computer. Just a suggestion.

I think ckong meant adding the "www." in front of the cookie domain property of phpBB configuration.

but anyways, just as you said, clearing the cookies & browser cache is the only thing that I can think of, too.
Wink
gonzo
well....

you could always change what's stored in one of your cookies and see if the board kicks you out

If after ravaging all your cookies the board doesn't ask for you to login again I'll be surprised
homer09001
ive had a problem similar one it involves phpbb and 2 it involves cookies and 3 it involves Firefox

for soem reason fire fox doesnt get the idea i WANT to log out of a forum and it wont do what its ment to do to the cookie so when it refreshed that page after i log out im still logged out so the only way to sort the problem is to clear my cookies