FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can I still use my .wordpress.com domain?

busaboss
Can I still use my .wordpress.com domain even if I move my wordpress blog here in frihost? I'm worried about losing my traffic so I am having second thoughts to transferbut I want to do it to be able to earn some money in my blog. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Bondings
If your domain is something.wordpress.com, then I doubt you can host it here. If you have your own domain (like something.com) then yes you can host it here without any problems.
busaboss
Bondings wrote:
If your domain is something.wordpress.com, then I doubt you can host it here. If you have your own domain (like something.com) then yes you can host it here without any problems.

but if I use co.cc is it fine? thanks for the quick reply.
Bondings
busaboss wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Most likely. If you are able to change your nameservers to ours and have access to the data in the database (mysql backup) it should work.
busaboss
Bondings wrote:
busaboss wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Most likely. If you are able to change your nameservers to ours and have access to the data in the database (mysql backup) it should work.

Thank you very much sir Bondings. Is it easy to install wordpress here in frihost? Is there a script installer or something? I'm new to this thing so I'm very sorry for asking you too many questions.
Bondings
@busaboss, no there is no script installer. However the installation should be fast. WordPress claims 5 minutes, although that might be a bit more as you probably need to become familiar with both the DirectAdmin control panel and the WordPress installation.

Basically, it is downloading the zip file, uploading it to the public_html directory of the domain and unzipping it in the DirectAdmin file manager. Create the database and put the settings (localhost, database name, database username and password in the config file) and then go to the domain and go through the setup/installation steps. You can first try it out on the subdomain we give you.

http://wordpress.org/download/
http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
busaboss
Thank you sir Bondings. I will now try to work it out if I can and I hope nothing goes wrong. Thanks for the big help! Very Happy