FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best project management software?

gandalfthegrey
Hey everyone,

I am looking an easy-to-use and flexible project management software. I have used Basecamp and like it, but I am wondering if their are any cheaper or free alternatives that are comparable.

Cheers,
GandalfTheGrey
dude_xyx
I had used MS Project before. But It's not free.
Himali
Hey check out DeskAway for simple & feature rich project management tool. It has a free plan & 30 day free trial on all its paid plans. www.deskaway.com
danijellipsans
check about ibm lotus notes
psychorollercoaster
you can try out Zoho, although i prefer Microsoft project for various reasons
amagard
MS Project is still the best project management software I know of. I once tried OpenProj: it is similar and compatible with MS Project and does a good job to deliver same functionality. But: when it comes to do resource leveling you realize that MS Project is the better choice.

I didn't know that Lotus Notes is a project management tool. Nevertheless, if we talk in general about tools enabling teams to collaborate then the definition "project management tool" might open up for many other tools.

When I think about "project management tools" I usually focus on project planning, monitoring and control.
Rinkitachimoto
MS Project was too complicated for us, we're using Latitude project management software now. Much easier and manageable for timesheets, project tracking, job costing, scheduling, quotes and invoices. Great features with accounting software links.