FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Yoga : Anyone here do it ?

dude_xyx
Yoga is one of the best way to keep your fitness and stay healthy. It doesn't take time or feel like hell after working out in a gym. It Improves muscle tone, flexibility, strength and stamina, reduces stress and tension, improves circulation, stimulates the immune system, lowers fat even it helps to control diabetics and high blood pressure.

I wonder how many here do Yoga and your experience about it.
therimalaya
Some times i do it, it is very important to do it regularly. Most of the people thing yoga as asaans but the breathing exercise (Pranayam) and Meditation (Dhyan) are also equally important. They are also a part of Yoga.
Colin
Yes it is right yoga is one of the best exercise for getting the fitness and health life.
I do yoga daily for at least one hour. It improved both my physical and mental health.
It controls my blood pressure and keep my heart healthy. It also controls the circulation of blood in body.
Gitesh
All the practitioners of Yoga please take care to learn it under expert advice., because some exercises if done in wrong way or too much then it may lead to serious complications.
One of my patients who was practicing Alom Vilom (exercise where one moves stomuch muscles ) by watching it on TV lost total nerve response to anus., I dont know what wrong he did as i am not expert in the field., Now he passes stools unknowingly and only knows after he feels wet inside. total sphincter function lost.
So Yoga is a great Power but should be used responsibly., by following the correct technique.
menino
I do yoga sometimes. The surya namaskar especially.
I can't seem to do the sitting postures or even the standing on head / shoulders / back postures, but a lost of them I do.
Surya Namaskar is a great cardio activity for yoga, and you just need a yoga mat, and the will to do it.
I also do the warrior pose to stretch different parts of the body.

But yes, it is not for everyone to do. Its just another exercise activity, and you do not have to do the poses perfectly. Just do as much as you can till your body can take it. It does relax the mind a bit, but I feel refreshed after any kind of exercise, not just yoga.

If you just do normal stretches, like forward / backward / side bends, and jog daily, that can also be healthful.
metalfreek
I have never tried yoga in my life but I used to go for a morning walk few years back but that also don't happen now a days. I guess I am getting lazy day by day.
Very good, came with them to learn. To learn from everyone's knowledge, a lot of advice.
silasabrown
Yoga are so good for the health i do it every day it have so many benefits of yoga and you can easily solve your problems and disease with yoga like you can control the blood pressure and increase the stamina power, it also remove heart disease so yoga are best for the health.
c'tair
I don't do yoga but I try and to a bit of stretching everyday. I spend so much time sitting - at school, on the subway, at home - that I really need to move around. Additionally, it feels really good and I have this sense that each time I do it - I bring some more balance into my body.
tomiwoj
Yes, it is definitely true. I exercise at home almost every day and it really cool. I rarely go and practice yoga with others, I really prefer to do it myself.
lightningleo
Yoga especially meditation gives the mind a new fresh look of the world.. doing yoga is one of the best practices {habit}, we should all have.. this practice is from the ancient ages and also scientifically proved to be a very healthy practice.. which keeps body away from normal diseases..
lightwate
Gitesh wrote:
All the practitioners of Yoga please take care to learn it under expert advice., because some exercises if done in wrong way or too much then it may lead to serious complications.
One of my patients who was practicing Alom Vilom (exercise where one moves stomuch muscles ) by watching it on TV lost total nerve response to anus., I dont know what wrong he did as i am not expert in the field., Now he passes stools unknowingly and only knows after he feels wet inside. total sphincter function lost.
So Yoga is a great Power but should be used responsibly., by following the correct technique.

I was thinking of learning yoga through the internet and sometimes I imitate them from what I can recall from the movies. But now I'm scared Sad
Haley_Madison
I used to do yoga, but fell out of the habit. I've been hearing a lot about it lately and think I should get back into it. I remember the peaceful states I used to get into...whereas nowadays I probably work too much and then just party on the weekends with friends. Not a sustainable lifestyle one would think! Smile
bluepig83
I find that yoga has some amazing stretching exercises. Every time I attend a session, I realize how inflexible I am.
halebill
Yoga posture is a use of old and easy to learn and improve the people physical, mental, emotional and mental capacity is to achieve the form of exercise for body, mind and spirit of harmony and unity
mshafiq
Yoga is very good to loss weight.it keep your body slim because of streching of body mussels
Many yoga exercise put strength in your body you can support the weight of your own body in new ways, including balancing on one leg , or arms
Yoga helps shape long, lean muscles
Increased flexibility and strength can help prevent the causes of some types of back pain.Lots of people who suffer from back pain.they can try this exercise.it will be use full for them.
Yoga breathing exercises teach us how to proper use of lungs.
yoga also help in reducing the stress.
menino
I do yoga sometimes, nowadays.
I used to do it regularly, but due to laziness, I've almost stopped.

After doing yoga, I feel more flexible.

The main move I do is the surya namaskar, which stretches almost the entire body, and I do 3 sets in the beginning.
I used to be able to do 18 sets of this exercise, which is almost like a cardio and also stretches your body.

There are other poses as well, such as the warrior's pose / stretch.

I think yoga is good, otherwise, just normal stretching is also good for the body.

I'm not sure if all stretching is based on yoga, or yoga has copied some moves of normal stretching. :p
Sinclair
I love yoga.It is best exercise for body and great activity for getting rid for stress and depression.
There are many benefits of yoga.It can be effective for losing weight.In yoga deep breathing increases amount of oxygen intake.Cell of body absorbs this oxygen which burn the fats in cells.This is the best way of losing weight.
_AVG_
Breathing in and out deeply is not only stress-relieving but also good for health in general (it never hurts to aerate the blood vessels and other organs). Nevertheless, I have learned from experience not to try too hard to control one's breath. The result is quite painful.
Otherwise, Yogic techniques seem to be a nice natural way of remaining healthy (at least for bodily health).
nguyenvulong
well I never really try it, I think we should need a tutor to do it in the right way. Anyway, anyone tries Zen ? It's also a good thing for your health, very connected to Yoga Wink
demy7663
The word yoga means "union" in Sanskrit, the language of ancient India where yoga originated. We can think of the union occurring between the mind, body and spirit. Razz
demy7663
Many people think that yoga is just stretching. But while stretching is certainly involved, yoga is really about creating balance in the body through developing both strength and flexibility.
This is done through the performance of poses or postures, each of which has specific physical benefits. The poses can be done quickly in succession, creating heat in the body through movement (vinyasa-style yoga) or more slowly to increase stamina and perfect the alignment of the pose.
The poses are a constant, but the approach to them varies depending on the tradition in which the teacher has trained. Wink
mshafiq
yoga is very good exercise.i like to do yoga.with yoga you can maintain your body structure.
loveandormoney
dude_xyx wrote:
Yoga is one of the best way to keep your fitness and stay healthy. It doesn't take time or feel like hell after working out in a gym. It Improves muscle tone, flexibility, strength and stamina, reduces stress and tension, improves circulation, stimulates the immune system, lowers fat even it helps to control diabetics and high blood pressure.

I wonder how many here do Yoga and your experience about it.

Yes
we do it.
Here a little advice:
Best way to learn it
study Yoga with a teacher born in India.

Also You will have pleasure.
ZeytinGrafik
get a wii fit and try Smile just kidding but its good fun for the whole family.
mustatab
Yoga is just a flexibilty exercise. It has been shown with research that it has no aerobic or anerobic benifits. So if you have joint problems then yes you can do yoga to improve flexibilty. Otherwise it has not shown any cardiac or muscular benifits. Have you ever seen any yoga man developed or seen yoga person running marathon. No they only can twist themselves. It has some meditational value. Otherwise it is just marketing gimmick. Nothing else. 3o min brisk walk in park is better than 2 hours yoga.

You will never see yoga being advised in any Medical sites or books. It is because it has no benefits. So please do not spend money on learning this useless exercise.
Many had injuries to their spine and joints trying to learn useless exercise. If you are stressed then do yoga to reduce some tension as thatis just management of your stress.
Atwater
Yoga exercises reduce hypertension, yoga improve the feelings and the very subjective well being, yoga reduced cholesterol level.....
Morris23
Yoga is very good to loss weight. It keeps your body slim because of streching of human body mussels. It helps to keep you peaceful and it originate to India. Namasty pose is my favorite pose.