FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to turn Magic Quotes off

psychorollercoaster
Hello

I have been trying to install opencart, and it need the magic quotes to be off, edited the .htaccess file but post that i get a server error. is there anyway we could rectify this?
Evil_Daddy
psychorollercoaster wrote:
Hello

I have been trying to install opencart, and it need the magic quotes to be off, edited the .htaccess file but post that i get a server error. is there anyway we could rectify this?

It seems that there is no way that you can affect the magic quotes gpc setting with the current php configuration on the server.

However with a lot of searching I found a way to have some custom php.ini directives for a user. It's quite a bit of work to create, but at least it is possible.

So I disabled the magic quotes gpc for your domain. (if you want me to remove the mention of your domain, please say so, I'll remove the link then). If you need it for your other domains, please ask.

I also removed the php_flag that was causing the 500 error. With our current php configuration, php_flags don't work in .htaccess unfortunately.

You can check it on <yourdomain>phpinfo.php

(My apologies for posting this with this user, I am logged in with it for our 1 april fool.)
psychorollercoaster
thank you! it works fine now. and would be glad if u can remove the links from the post...

and btw I really like your user id n pic! Wink

thanks again!
Evil_Daddy
Thanks, and links removed. Very Happy
psychorollercoaster
THANK YOU...if you can do the same for other domains as well.....thanks again Very Happy
Bondings
Done. It's a lot easier once it's done for one domain. Very Happy

Could you please check if it is working for all your domains?
psychorollercoaster
Hey thanks for that.....yes it has been working fine on all the domains. Very Happy
Limbless_One
I have the same sort of problem here ? trying to install joomla 3 on my server and it wont install till "magic_quotes" is "off" .
have browsed a few forums for this fix and it all comes back to talking to my host "Frihost" ,
Any chances of someone here to alter this problem.
thank you in advance Very Happy