FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

my website

byt
Hi, I'm new here so I thought I would start by telling you about my website.
My wife and I have had a good interest in American cars for some time now and I started my website to show people the vehicles we have.

please check it out at www.bigyellowtruck.co.uk
boringest
interesting...but why the word yellow? Only saw 2 yellow cars in your pics at most though... =)
megamass
Juiced Granada is the best one Very Happy how much does it cost to make the car like this ?
byt
boringest wrote:
interesting...but why the word yellow? Only saw 2 yellow cars in your pics at most though... =)

I produced the site at the time I was building the F350 wrecker which was my favorite colour - yellow, hence the name big yellow truck, as I have now sold it I tend to use just byt as a forum name, and the reason many of the motors are not yellow is cos most are the wifes motors, mine tend to be yellow sooner or later Laughing
byt
megamass wrote:
Juiced Granada is the best one Very Happy how much does it cost to make the car like this ?

yaeh the Granada was cool, hydraulics cos around 1000 over here with air bags about the same price, however I bought that as it was and paid 500 for it.
wistom
very good
I like cars, so i see.
Well, so many cars, some very good,

Does these cars all yours.
skyroja
good cars, i love them Very Happy
gzw1
good!
byt
yes pretty much all the cars were either mine or my wifes with the exception of Paul's Buick, Richards Chrysler and Sean's truck but these are all good friends of mine so I have included their cars on the site
dark_one
Well, my parents (especially dad) are BIG american car fans, they've owned like 100 of them and my dad fixes them up to look great!

As with the site, it's not bad, although I would recommend using an image gallery and not simple HTML...

Good job though!
yupeng
Your domain name is very long and dificult to remember.
ocalhoun
Good to see that others think (as I do) that any amount of engine cylinders less than 8 is too few!
My jeep is a V8, and I have at one point had it running (not smooth at all) on 5 cylinders.
danulf
The site really hurts my eyes, the bg and then the yellow text just... hurts!
Cool cars though Wink
byt
thanks guys, sorry if some don't like the colour/webaddress but they're here to stay, I agree that some fancy stuff would be good but then the site is about pictures of cars and that's what ya get, no fancy intro to skip, no little movie clips that take forever to download and then ain't worth watchin, so I am reasonably happy with the way it works, sometimes websites can be so "busy" that ya can't see what ya want if ya know what I mean.
Hope to do a little update soon once my new truck is on the road, might dull the bg a little Wink
SoftStag
You have some great pictures on there.

As for the domain name, I think it is a great. It is easy to remember! I have to say I don't like the background on the home page, it looks funny when you scroll it.

Personally I would use one of the free php galleries to show your pictures off in, they look a lot more professional and are easier to add new photos to.

You site appears to be hosted on NTL, is that right? If I were you I'd move it to Frihost, install a php gallery and it will look far more professional. Nice content though.
byt
SoftStag wrote:
You have some great pictures on there.

As for the domain name, I think it is a great. It is easy to remember! I have to say I don't like the background on the home page, it looks funny when you scroll it.

Personally I would use one of the free php galleries to show your pictures off in, they look a lot more professional and are easier to add new photos to.

You site appears to be hosted on NTL, is that right? If I were you I'd move it to Frihost, install a php gallery and it will look far more professional. Nice content though.

cheers for that, yep it is on ntl, only because they are my isp and so give me that small amount of webspace. I am pretty new to setting up websites, have just set up a forum on frih just to see if I am able to set one up and maintain it as a forum I use was recently hacked and took the guy 2 days to get it back on line, I would like to see if I could have done his job, my forum is up and running and I have allowed a few freinds and my kids to use it so that I can destroy it and see if I can fix it (fingers crossed)
once I have completed my testing I might have a go at moving my website and will have to investigate the "php galleries" you speak of. Will prolly be on here asking how to set it up next month sometime Wink
in the mean time I will look at changing the b/g temp

cheers
Cliff (byt)
otaku
I love the pics of the cars.

It's really cool.

*My favorite is the Chevy Imperial

Cool Site, Nice Pics,

Matt
sugarbox
it's great.. Embarassed
budazz
your site is hot
Nillis
interesting....only the background makes me a bit dizzy Wink
hatrash
It's cool, its give me inspiration!!! Twisted Evil
byt
cheers peeps, I'm glad you like it
mengshi200
Yes,very nice.you can increase your car quantity.
byt
mengshi200 wrote:
Yes,very nice.you can increase your car quantity.

I'd love to buy some more, wife would go crazy though Laughing
yoryenathan
nice
byt
yoryenathan wrote:
nice

thanks
angel051
Love the cars!!
I love big old cars especially the american ones.
I doagree the backgrond does look a little basic but at least by keeping that way you dont take any focus away from what is really important and that is the beauty of your cars.
I also like that ur site is not shrouded in ads.
It does take a little while to load though with all those pics on one page.
Overall your passion is obviuos and thats what really counts!! Very Happy
rumbostotales
its greattt:)
Dark-Tech
its creepy and there are those evil adds again
byt
angel051 wrote:
Love the cars!!
I love big old cars especially the american ones.
I doagree the backgrond does look a little basic but at least by keeping that way you dont take any focus away from what is really important and that is the beauty of your cars.
I also like that ur site is not shrouded in ads.
It does take a little while to load though with all those pics on one page.
Overall your passion is obviuos and thats what really counts!! Very Happy

thanks, yes my passion lies squarely in the American motors. Cool
byt
rumbostotales wrote:
its greattt:)

Thank you Cool
byt
Dark-Tech wrote:
its creepy and there are those evil adds again

As there are no adverts on my site I assume you didn't actually look at it and only posted here to boost your frih points Rolling Eyes sad
blackheart
byt wrote:
My wife and I have had a good interest in American cars for some time now and I started my website to show people the vehicles we have.

I love my cars, (largly the older, more antiquitaded ones though - i.e. my love for anything at all from early Morris Garages {MG}) - and you seem to have quite a collection of cars, and alright content. How-ever, I'll be honest in saying you don't seem to have put any effort into the design. The page is too long, the font too big and gawdy, and the colours taclessly disgusting.

I've been too harsh there, it's obviously just a personal site, but with a bit of effort I'm sure you could put together a much nicer layout.

Apologies if you weren't after the Criticism.
byt
blackheart wrote:
byt wrote:

I love my cars, (largly the older, more antiquitaded ones though - i.e. my love for anything at all from early Morris Garages {MG}) - and you seem to have quite a collection of cars, and alright content. How-ever, I'll be honest in saying you don't seem to have put any effort into the design. The page is too long, the font too big and gawdy, and the colours taclessly disgusting.

I've been too harsh there, it's obviously just a personal site, but with a bit of effort I'm sure you could put together a much nicer layout.

Apologies if you weren't after the Criticism.

To be honest the site is only a way of showing the motors and was never meant to be anything special. people that usually visit are looking for pics of cars not fancy web pages. As for colours, they were much simpler until someone on here complained about the original ones, which were basically yellow to follow along the big yellow truck theme, I changed them for the current terrible ones as a bit of a laugh and haven't got round to playing again lately. "Page to long" is really down to the number of vehicles but font size I can reduce which I suppose will help a little. As for putting in very little effort, this is a website produced by someone with very little web design skill having only used computers for the last 10 years and considering I am 40+ I had no computer education at school so to even get the site uploaded and working took considerable effort for a numpty like me Laughing however I do appreciate that compared to some sites it is plain and simple but then that is how I wanted it as I didn't take the pics for the website, I made the website to display the pics if ya see what I mean. The important thing to me is that you can see the pictures of our cars and not get lost in fancy website technology, no fancy intro to skip, no confusing frames or fancy stuff and definitely no adds. Thanks for your comments and when I get round to having a play with the site again maybe you'd like to review it again Cool Oh and as for ya love for MG cars, well I wont hold it against ya Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing