FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

April fools' websites

lightwate
Today I found my university's website weird, and realized that it was April 1st. https://crs.upd.edu.ph/

Then google maps went all out! and so i decided to post it here. http://maps.google.com

What other sites have you found different today? (I wanna see them live, cause usually i just read some blog about those sites when april first is over :\)
Vanilla
So I opened Google Maps here and there's nothing wrong with it. Then I realized that here is not April 1st yet. Guess I'll have to wait...

P.S.: It's 6:36 PM here now. Just a few hours to April's Fool! Dancing
P.P.S.: I'll try to post some Brazilian sites as they put their "April's Fool version" online. Very Happy
Vanilla
TVTropes.org!

Just saw it! Hahaha, lovely! 1337!
matrixuk321
This website is good for finding a lot of April Fool sites Smile

http://aprilfoolsdayontheweb.com/
Insanity
xkcd.com has a great April Fools that is a bit subtle, but is really cool. For one thing, it changes depending on where you came from, such as reddit, or Wikipedia.
spinout
My april fool site was my face book! I have 1st of april as the birthday... Laughing
So when everyone wrote congratulations on my wall I answered "April FOOL!" Cool
lightwate
spinout wrote:
My april fool site was my face book! I have 1st of april as the birthday... Laughing
So when everyone wrote congratulations on my wall I answered "April FOOL!" Cool

hahhaha! i shall do that next year! Very Happy

Quote:
xkcd.com has a great April Fools that is a bit subtle, but is really cool. For one thing, it changes depending on where you came from, such as reddit, or Wikipedia.

Yeah! so far http://xkcd.com is coolest one i've seen. The comic for april 1 depends on where you live, on what browser you're using, the dimensions of that browser, etc, etc.! there's this post on reddit collecting screenshots of different versions of the comic.
cybersa
Many people fooled about this news on Social Network.
"Assassin's Creed for #Kinect announced!"
Cosmoslayer
I just love how Google maps make a 9-bit version of it. XD
ocalhoun
Some pony websites changed their themes (and even all the character names) to the old 80's versions.

It was awful!
IceCreamTruck
ocalhoun wrote:
Some pony websites changed their themes (and even all the character names) to the old 80's versions.

It was awful!

Wait a minute... someone out ponied you? no way!
ocalhoun
IceCreamTruck wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:

It was awful!

Wait a minute... someone out ponied you? no way!

80's ponies. Completely different thing.
Previous generations of ponies are an abomination and should be banished to the moon.

Today's ponies are awesome. The old 80's versions are exactly what everyone expects when they hear 'my little pony'. -- Pure awfulness.
IceCreamTruck
ocalhoun wrote:
The old 80's versions are exactly what everyone expects when they hear 'my little pony'. -- Pure awfulness.

Honestly, it's so wonderful to hear you say it that a tear came to my eye! Hello, those are the horrible ponies I remember and couldn't imagine coming back!
Asap170
YouTube had an option to buy dvds of all the youtube videos that you want. I thought it was legit cause I didn't realize what day it was. So I just checked it out and to buy the whole "Music" category it was like $157,000.... I was like this is not gonna work for there is copyright material on there and if they make a profit from it then it's illegal. Fail.