FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Domain pointer not working

mukesh
Sir,
I have bought a domain www.bigrock.in . My domain is siddharthcybercafe.in . I have activated domain redirection there to my subdomain mini.frihost.org . In my frihost DirectAdmin, I have created a Domain pointer (not alias) siddharthcybercafe.in for my subdomain mini.frihost.org . But when I open siddharthcybercafe.in in broswer, it becomes mini.frihost.org . Please help me out.

Note: I have enabled Path forwarding and subdomain forwarding but not enabled URL Masking / Stealth Redirection / URL Hiding in domain control panel. When I enable URL Masking / Stealth Redirection / URL Hiding, it hides frihost subdomain and any link there with just siddharthcybercafe.in . It does not show full address of any link.
Bondings
It could be phpBB that is doing the redirect as it might have the subdomain setup in the settings.

Usually the best option is always to add the domain as an additional domain. You'll get a new domains/<domain_name>/public_html/ directory for that domain specifically.
mukesh
Bondings wrote:
It could be phpBB that is doing the redirect as it might have the subdomain setup in the settings.

Usually the best option is always to add the domain as an additional domain. You'll get a new domains/<domain_name>/public_html/ directory for that domain specifically.

Then how wiill domain forwarding work?
Confused
mukesh
nvm, it is working now. thx.