FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

If you can watch this without smiling...

ocalhoun

If you can watch this without smiling, you're officially dead inside.

Enjoy!

(Hey, when something makes you this happy, you just gotta share it!)
standready
Well I guess I am unofficially dead inside. Did nothing for me. I hope it brings a Smile to others here.
coolclay
Disgustingly catchy! I try to hate Pinky I really do, but it has so far proven impossible, oh well guess I'll just have to keep smiling!
abhizz
I dont think its a big funny!! Just like some cartoons
TheLimey
i tried to smile bu....flatliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnneeeee
TheGremlyn
I'm glad that makes you happy. I think it would have been different for me if it had been the characters from the Bleach anime that were singing this song and stuff, I would have smiled no problem. MLP just isn't my thing and I kind of 'facepalm' a little when some of my closer friends try to get me to watch the seasons of this show. I'm just a little disappointed in the show since its a kids show but it attracts so many older people as well. Sometimes the content is geared towards adult audiences and they find it finnier than their kids because they understand the jokes. I'd rather be sitting down with some episodes of Thomas the Tank Engine or Theodore the Tugboat. Those were the shows I'd watch and have kids watching. They were short and sweet and I had fun thinking train or boats could talk.
bukaida
The pink pony is sooo cute. I really liked it. However the clip was rather cute than funny.
matrixuk321
Oh god what is everyones obsession with some cartoon ponies? Are you 3 year old little girls? Stop being so immature.
Ghost Rider103
Well I watched about a minute of it, that's all I could handle.

Honestly, I tried for you Ocalhoun, and it just isn't going to happen. I feel extremely weird watching it. I'm not into cartoons anymore and I probably never will be.

Quote:
Oh god what is everyones obsession with some cartoon ponies? Are you 3 year old little girls? Stop being so immature.

Insulting probably isn't the best thing for you to do. People have different opinions on different things and favor some things that you might not. Shouldn't bother you so much.
jmraker
Hmmm, I can't watch this without smiling? Challenge accepted.

As I watched it I tried my hardest not to smile. Luckily it was just a cutesy kids show musical number.

I was victorious and did not smile. Now that I know that I am dead inside, I need to figure out if I'm a robot, vampire, alien, demon, a mole-people or a zombie. Can your little ponies help me through song?
sonam
Officially I am dead Angel

Sonam
matrixuk321
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Well I watched about a minute of it, that's all I could handle.

Honestly, I tried for you Ocalhoun, and it just isn't going to happen. I feel extremely weird watching it. I'm not into cartoons anymore and I probably never will be.

Quote:

Insulting probably isn't the best thing for you to do. People have different opinions on different things and favor some things that you might not. Shouldn't bother you so much.

I tried not to insult and if I did I'm only half sorry. I'm seeing this all over the internet - grown adults obsessing over pink ponies that is a show created for little kids. Immature.
coolclay
Don't be a hater man. It has nothing to do with maturity or lack thereof. I think most people find me more mature than most (I don't party, and get wasted, or other signs of immaturity). And yet I am 100% a child at heart, and really enjoy MLP. While it may be childish at first sight (I thought so myself before I watched it) it tackles many serious human issues (all ages), and it's hilarious!
william
I watched all of it, and it was certainly catchy...but I would be lying if I didn't say that that there was no visual or physical change in the state of my mouth. Confused

I'm sorry, I tried. I actually acknowledge that My Little Pony takes great approaches to real world problems and can certainly understand the why it appeals to so many. Also, as ocalhoun has proven, the facial expressions make for some of the best emoticons I've seen on the web.

And I should also point out that I watch cartoons on a regular basis (I'm also still a child at heart like the above poster). Despite all this, My Little Pony has yet to to have any effect on me. I guess that means I am officially dead inside. Twisted Evil

Nevertheless, my inner child has liked one thing that has popped up on the web regarding MLP...

It's times like these I wish Frihost had spoiler tags...

^This has made me smile endlessly...*runs*
deanhills
william wrote:
^This has made me smile endlessly...*runs*
Me too. I'm an active member of bronyville however my experience was exactly the same as yours. I'm probably technically dead as well. Hope you don't mind, I'd like to borrow this gif for use at that forum. It's REALLY hilarious. Laughing
Aredon
Isn't the original batman eating a hotdog?
deanhills
Right. Must be some clever artwork there.
ocalhoun
matrixuk321 wrote:

Being obsessed about maturity and trying to appear grown up is a sure sign of immaturity. ^.^

There's four main stages:
-Being immature and not noticing
-A transition, where you're still immature but badly want to be mature, so you overcompensate.
-Being mature, but under-confident and afraid to show any sign of immaturity, lest it return.
-Being mature, and being confident enough about it to enjoy 'immature' things without worrying about the damage done to one's maturity.

Sadly, many people never make it past the 3rd stage.
IceCreamTruck
jmraker wrote:
Hmmm, I can't watch this without smiling? Challenge accepted.

As I watched it I tried my hardest not to smile. Luckily it was just a cutesy kids show musical number.

I was victorious and did not smile. Now that I know that I am dead inside, I need to figure out if I'm a robot, vampire, alien, demon, a mole-people or a zombie. Can your little ponies help me through song?

I vote "a mole-people" cause your comment made me really laugh.

OK, so I thought I'd use this video to prove to myself that I am dead inside, but the plan backfired, and I'm pleased to announce that the ol' icecreamtruck showed some life yet! Smile

I was making it through the video just fine without smiling, like any zombie or mole-person would, but then right at the end I completely lost it and laughed out loud at the donkey in the last few frames that doesn't smile. Pinkie smiles at him in the last "smile" command of her song, and he just looks at the camera with a sad face... so funny, and is now my unofficial favorite character of MLP.

Honestly, I was taken back to my childhood of absolutely hating MLP, and watched in horror as the world reembraced a cartoon series that I thought was all but dead and gone. My sister loved MLP, and everything in the world was MLP, so I too excluded all aspects from MLP from my life, except I have allowed people I trust to share their enjoyment of the show with me, and I still don't like it very much. It's like Santa Claus swallowed bubblegum neapolitan icecream, wrapped in a rainbow, and then vomited all over the screen. It's all colorful bubbles and hearts and such, and that's not my style, but I redirect my energy towards my love of show production, and I can enjoy how any show comes together, how they tackle scripting the show, and the end product. I'm a huge fan of art, but I avoid pastels as they make any painting or art work look like it belongs in the show MLP, and I go for dark, high contrast, colors in my works. I avoid pink and purple. Purple isn't bad, but pink is right out -- I refused to use that color.

It's true, though... I smiled! Smile
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Looks as though you passed the test then ICT. Congratulations! I solidly and completely flunked it but still like the series however.
speeDemon
standready wrote:
Well I guess I am unofficially dead inside. Did nothing for me. I hope it brings a Smile to others here.

Add me to the dead inside club...Razz
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Looks as though you passed the test then ICT. Congratulations! I solidly and completely flunked it but still like the series however.

Dean is a mole people? no way! Smile I find that hard to believe. It's ok... you know you don't have to smile at that video for me!
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:

Dean is a mole people? no way! Smile I find that hard to believe. It's ok... you know you don't have to smile at that video for me!
Haha! Now you've got me smilin ..... Laughing