FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


20 Reasons I Dislike the Philippines





loremar
"20 reasons i dislike the philippines" is a video that has been trending recently in the Philippines. It's hosted by Jimmy Sieczka, an American who lived 3 years in Cebu. In the video, he was ranting about how he is pissed about some things in Cebu like sanity, noise, and government negligence.
Link to the video = http://www.channelfix.com/video/174/

Some of the things in the list I agree like for example the noise many residential areas are making during night, how the government is ignoring many simple problems in the city, unfinished constructions, lack of clean toilet facilities, begging kids, and people backing up cars for small tip. Some of it you can find in many countries so they really aren't special to the Philippines. Hell, Cebu is not even the Philippines.

Some of it I disagree like cocks and pissing in public. I actually like the sound of crowing roosters. For me they are a pleasant distraction from the typical sound of the city, where you'd usually hear vehicles on road or people partying.

I also like the fact that you could just pee almost everywhere, especially if you really needed it. I myself have peed a thousand times in the streets. Cats and dogs can pee just anywhere, so what's the difference? And rain just usually wash them away, especially with the fact that it rains a lot here in the Philippines. Well, the difference probably is some people tend to pee wherever everyone else is peeing. And that what pisses me off because it really makes the place smell bad.

Anyways, if you're someone who's lived in the Philippines, or been in the Philippines, what do you think about the video?

Also check out 20 reasons i love the Philippines for comparison.
deanhills
loremar wrote:

Some of it I disagree like cocks and pissing in public. I actually like the sound of crowing roosters. For me they are a pleasant distraction from the typical sound of the city, where you'd usually hear vehicles on road or people partying.
I also love the sound of crowing roosters. In the biggish town I'm living in they seem to be running loose everywhere as do chickens. It's not a very unsophisticated city and that to me is still nice as it at least reminds us where eggs come from. Twisted Evil

loremar wrote:
I also like the fact that you could just pee almost everywhere, especially if you really needed it. I myself have peed a thousand times in the streets. Cats and dogs can pee just anywhere, so what's the difference? And rain just usually wash them away, especially with the fact that it rains a lot here in the Philippines. Well, the difference probably is some people tend to pee wherever everyone else is peeing. And that what pisses me off because it really makes the place smell bad.
Right. It's pretty smelly when everyone chooses the same spot which are usually alleys. I remember when I was living in Johannesburg it was quite distasteful to walk past those alleys. As they were pretty smelly. Our local Government used lime regularly to disinfect and lessen the smell. Those alleys were bad too from a crime point of view. That's usually where one could be grabbed for as little as a watch. So one would be walking quite briskly past them. Must say it was refreshing after I had emigrated to Vancouver, Canada to discover clean as whistle alleys. I actually made a point of walking through them after a while as it felt very liberating.
nickfyoung
loremar wrote:
"20 reasons i dislike the philippines" is a video that has been trending recently in the Philippines. It's hosted by Jimmy Sieczka, an American who lived 3 years in Cebu. In the video, he was ranting about how he is pissed about some things in Cebu like sanity, noise, and government negligence.
Link to the video = http://www.channelfix.com/video/174/

Some of the things in the list I agree like for example the noise many residential areas are making during night, how the government is ignoring many simple problems in the city, unfinished constructions, lack of clean toilet facilities, begging kids, and people backing up cars for small tip. Some of it you can find in many countries so they really aren't special to the Philippines. Hell, Cebu is not even the Philippines.

Some of it I disagree like cocks and pissing in public. I actually like the sound of crowing roosters. For me they are a pleasant distraction from the typical sound of the city, where you'd usually hear vehicles on road or people partying.

I also like the fact that you could just pee almost everywhere, especially if you really needed it. I myself have peed a thousand times in the streets. Cats and dogs can pee just anywhere, so what's the difference? And rain just usually wash them away, especially with the fact that it rains a lot here in the Philippines. Well, the difference probably is some people tend to pee wherever everyone else is peeing. And that what pisses me off because it really makes the place smell bad.

Anyways, if you're someone who's lived in the Philippines, or been in the Philippines, what do you think about the video?

Also check out 20 reasons i love the Philippines for comparison.


Yes, a lot of foreigners have a winge about the Philippines because it is a bit different than what they have been used to. That is to be expected though because it is a different culture. One should accept the culture and enjoy the differences as something unique.
I know some things like noise can be a bit frustrating but when it is time for sleeping just use ear plugs or something.
I really enjoyed all the differences and loved to be out there experiencing them. Especially traffic. Road rules are a lot different to many western countries and you can be frustrated by them or just relax and enjoy the difference and have a good laugh even.
No one is forced to live in the Philippines especially if you are a foreigner so accept the difference or go home.
badai
cats and dogs and other animals can urinate every where because they are animals.

we are human, with decency. so we invented toilets.
nickfyoung
badai wrote:
cats and dogs and other animals can urinate every where because they are animals.

we are human, with decency. so we invented toilets.


Apparently in some parts of France they used to urinate in the street and not along a fence but into the gutter facing every one.
Related topics
The Middle East Conflict
Reasons why you should visit Philippines. =)
how to get over someone
Hello from the Philippines
Opinion of US worldwide
President Bush talks w/ Matt Lauer on Torture
Leopard PC
5 reasons why you should use AuctionAds
20 A Week For Getting Married
Things only a Republican could believe
Questions for Christians
I love 2 people & its about time i choose one for good!
Why think so many asian girls are so sexy?????
I've removed my LinkedIn profile
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Travel and Countries

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.