FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Streaming videos

Tony The Tiger
In general, in the United States, most of the television networks offer online streaming video services that show recent episodes of the shows that they have broadcasted. In general, most networks offer online streaming availability of broadcasts the very next day. ABC, CBS, NBC, and I think the CW are among the many networks with this type of streaming release schedule. I have noticed that FOX does not follow the next day release schedule. In fact, FOX does not make their online streaming videos of recent broadcasts available for eight days after the initial airing. This means that the next episode airs before you have a chance to catch up. I don't understand the logic behind this kind of release schedule. If you miss a show you will be forced to either miss the next show or watch it before you have had a chance to catch up. I am now unsure what the USA network does. Do they use an eight day release schedule. I have missed last Friday's episode of Fairly Legal.
Tony The Tiger
Tony The Tiger wrote:
In general, in the United States, most of the television networks offer online streaming video services that show recent episodes of the shows that they have broadcasted. In general, most networks offer online streaming availability of broadcasts the very next day. ABC, CBS, NBC, and I think the CW are among the many networks with this type of streaming release schedule. I have noticed that FOX does not follow the next day release schedule. In fact, FOX does not make their online streaming videos of recent broadcasts available for eight days after the initial airing. This means that the next episode airs before you have a chance to catch up. I don't understand the logic behind this kind of release schedule. If you miss a show you will be forced to either miss the next show or watch it before you have had a chance to catch up. I am now unsure what the USA network does. Do they use an eight day release schedule. I have missed last Friday's episode of Fairly Legal.

USA must be on a screwy schedule. It is afternoon (eastern time) 8 days after the episode that I missed and I still can not watch it on line. When is USA going to make that darn episode available to the public for viewing? Hopefully very soon. I am getting annoyed.
Tony The Tiger
Tony The Tiger wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:

USA must be on a screwy schedule. It is afternoon (eastern time) 8 days after the episode that I missed and I still can not watch it on line. When is USA going to make that darn episode available to the public for viewing? Hopefully very soon. I am getting annoyed.

It is now day nine and the 2nd fairly legal episode is still not available. What the F***?
Asap170
Please edit your post if you want to add more information to a certain topic. Also, websites post shows only for a week or two or for a short period of time. I have Time Warner Cable and we can watch shows from most of the channels On Demand that keeps about 3 or 4 shows. Also, there are many websites that have these shows where you can watch it all the way back to season 1.

I am not trying sound mean, but you need to chill and calm down.
Tony The Tiger
Asap170 wrote:
Please edit your post if you want to add more information to a certain topic. Also, websites post shows only for a week or two or for a short period of time. I have Time Warner Cable and we can watch shows from most of the channels On Demand that keeps about 3 or 4 shows. Also, there are many websites that have these shows where you can watch it all the way back to season 1.

I am not trying sound mean, but you need to chill and calm down.

I am talking about the episode from Friday before last, which was 10 days ago. Your explanation does not seem relevant to something that recent that has not been made available online yet.
Asap170
I don't seem to understand what your problem is. So what if the show isn't on where it should be. I hate to break it to you, but life isn't perfect. There might be a logical reason for it or there might not be, but either or the viewer is not in charge of what goes on and it is up to the channel and producer to do this stuff. They put them online for our benefit and out of the goodness of their hearts.
Tony The Tiger
Asap170 wrote:
I don't seem to understand what your problem is. So what if the show isn't on where it should be. I hate to break it to you, but life isn't perfect. There might be a logical reason for it or there might not be, but either or the viewer is not in charge of what goes on and it is up to the channel and producer to do this stuff. They put them online for our benefit and out of the goodness of their hearts.

My point is that it is annoying for them to have a website that purports to present full episodes streaming online and then find out that an episode is not available online after missing it. I would have tried a little harder to watch an encore presentation of the episode if it had been more clear to me that the episode would not be made available for streaming access online.
kmontano
It is so annoying how long some networks expect you to wait to watch the show online.
silverdown
They normally release stuff or have the services release it 1-5 days after the show airs on television.
Asap170
kmontano wrote:
It is so annoying how long some networks expect you to wait to watch the show online.

I don't understand why it is annoying. But these channels do not have to post their shows online for people to watch. Posting them online makes it easier to pirate it and lose profits or normal viewers. I think we should be grateful for when they do actually have the shows posted online for viewers to watch. Cut them some slack.

Also, there is a hierarchy...WE DO NOT CONTROL the television networks. We may influence them, but not tell them what to do and what not to do.
Tony The Tiger
silverdown wrote:
They normally release stuff or have the services release it 1-5 days after the show airs on television.

By they, are you specifically talking about The USA network or do you mean most television networks, in general?
Tony The Tiger
It turns out that USA network (at http://www.usanetwork.com/videos/Fairly%20Legal/Full%20Episodes) and Hulu are both carrying the episodes 30 days after the original airing. Seems a bit long to me, but better than nothing.