FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Adobe Photoshop 6 Beta

hakaner
Hi all,
Adobe photoshop 6 beta version ready to try and available for free download.
http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/photoshopcs6.html

Quote:
The minimum system requirements for Photoshop CS6 beta are as follows:

Mac

Multicore Intel® processor with 64-bit support
Mac OS X v10.6.8 or v10.7
1GB of RAM
2GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation
1024x768 (1280x800 recommended) resolution display with 16-bit color and 256MB (512MB recommended, required for Photoshop Extended) of VRAM
OpenGL 2.0 capable system
DVD-ROM drive

Windows

Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor
Microsoft® Windows® XP* with Service Pack 3; or Windows 7 with Service Pack 1
1GB of RAM
1GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation
1024x768 (1280x800 recommended) resolution display with 16-bit color and 256MB (512MB recommended, required for Photoshop Extended) of VRAM
OpenGL 2.0 capable system
DVD-ROM drive

Quote:
A whole new experience in digital image editing

Thank you for checking out the Adobe® Photoshop® CS6 beta. The world’s best digital image editing software is about to get even better. Explore Photoshop CS6 beta for a sneak preview of some of the incredible performance enhancements, imaging magic, and creativity tools we are working on. Discover for yourself why Photoshop CS6 software will be a whole new experience in digital image editing.
Photoshop CS6 Highlights

Content-Aware Patch — Patch images with greater control using the newest member of the Content-Aware family of technologies. Choose the sample area you want to use to create your patch, and then watch Content-Aware Patch magically blend pixels for a stunning result.
Blazingly fast performance and a modern UI — Experience unprecedented performance with the Mercury Graphics Engine, which gives you near-instant results when you edit with key tools such as Liquify, Puppet Warp, and Crop.* Plus, a refined, fresh, and elegant Photoshop interface features dark background options that make your images pop.
New and re-engineered design tools — Create superior designs fast. Get consistent formatting with type styles, create and apply custom strokes and dashed lines to shapes, quickly search layers, and much more.

You will also discover hundreds of new ways to work faster and with greater creative freedom and precision when you dive into Photoshop CS6 beta.

Important Notes About Photoshop CS6 Beta

Photoshop CS6 beta includes all the features in Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CS6 Extended. Take this opportunity to try out the 3D image editing and quantitative image analysis capabilities of Photoshop Extended*, but note that—while these features will be included in the shipping version of Photoshop CS6 Extended—they will not be included in the shipping version of Photoshop CS6.
Adobe ID login and online activation are required either at installation or within seven days after your first launch of the Photoshop CS6 beta. The same requirements will be in place for the shipping version of Photoshop CS6 when it is released. Your Adobe ID provides multiple benefits, including an easy way to access your serial numbers, the Adobe.com community, and the upcoming Adobe Creative Cloud™ membership.
Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CS6 Extended will be part of the Adobe Creative Suite®, and Photoshop CS6 Extended will be part of Adobe Creative Cloud membership. Both Photoshop editions will also be available separately.

* 3D features and some GPU-enabled features are not supported on Windows XP.
cybersa
Did anybody tried out?
Now i'm using Photoshop CS 5.5.
Is it worth to upgrade?
Because i'm not good at Graphics.
rjraaz
I think it is not a right time to use new version of adobe photoshop. But, if want to try its new features and finding something new in it you can use it.

According to me CS 5.5 is good at present for professionals.
davidharmission
I am a new guy, looking for setting up my career as a Freelance Designer. Trying to learn different features and basics. Your post is helpful for me and I got some good new knowledge. Thanks for posting. Razz
hakaner
rjraaz wrote:
I think it is not a right time to use new version of adobe photoshop. But, if want to try its new features and finding something new in it you can use it.

According to me CS 5.5 is good at present for professionals.

I agree with you. New features not useful for daily users (like me).

davidharmission wrote:
I am a new guy, looking for setting up my career as a Freelance Designer. Trying to learn different features and basics. Your post is helpful for me and I got some good new knowledge. Thanks for posting. Razz

Not at all, I am glad to have helped.
silverdown
Thanks for sharing, I am going right now to download and test it out!

Update 4/23/2012
So far this beta looking pretty good the new things i been using are

• New Photo Cropping / Sizing
  • You can now drag a image from the computer into a NEW layer instead of making a new project

Overall I like it!
davidharmission
I just created a new site and looking for to showcase my portfolios there. Have a look at my site Eigenes Logo Erstellen. And if you have any suggestions then let me know.
mukesh
davidharmission wrote:
I just created a new site and looking for to showcase my portfolios there. Have a look at my site Eigenes Logo Erstellen. And if you have any suggestions then let me know.

now nice well done site.

davidharmission can you some suggest me how to create slide. I like your slide to much. Very Happy
tamilparks
davidharmission wrote:
great
dude_xyx
This Adobe guys update Photoshop way too fast. They add couple of small things and put it as a release. At least 2 versions per year. Not cheap either. Who has money to buy all those updates.

recently I got Photoshop CS5. I'm gonna keep it for a while unless Adobe launch somethings totally new and must have.

This goes for Dreamweaver too.
LostOverThere
dude_xyx wrote:
This Adobe guys update Photoshop way too fast. They add couple of small things and put it as a release. At least 2 versions per year. Not cheap either. Who has money to buy all those updates.

recently I got Photoshop CS5. I'm gonna keep it for a while unless Adobe launch somethings totally new and must have.

This goes for Dreamweaver too.

Adobe definitely don't update their software that fast, and Photoshop definitely isn't updated faster than their other Creative Suite products.

Adobe CS5 and all it's applications (Photoshop CS5, Dreamweaver CS5, etc.) came out in April 2010. Adobe Creative Suite 6 will come out sometime this year. So, essentially, their main releases come out once every 2 years.
Gregoric
Neither do I like the Adobe releasing politics. I've been using the beta - for one launch when I realised that like usually almost nothing has changed. It was not any surprise when I realised that the 'new' feature allowing to change interface color to darker or brighter is just them same as was in CS3 and removed in both 4 and 5. The new Content Aware Stamp (or whatever) tool which could be easily programmed for CS5 and released with Content Aware Fill had been told to be revolutionary but probably it will be useless in most professionals' studies.

On the other hand, Adobe expects to earn lots of money with that high prices but honestly their software is being pirated even before the launch... so they should improve anti piracy system and not release new suite every ten months.

Maybe situation will change with introduction of Creative Cloud - cloud based tools paid with subscription. It obviously can't be pirated, which I like the most. It could be the same as iTunes was for music - Adobe products will be used legally, produce income and let the company employ more developers - them applications themselves will get better.
mukesh
Now Adobe Photoshop cs-6 available in market. Very Happy But this time i have cs-5
blueray
Thank you for sharing this hot news.

Personally, if one is not a graphics designer or profesional photographer.
There is no to upgrade to the lastest version right now.

Actually, I am still using ps cs1 and cs3 and not professional user,

If creating effects are the daily tasks of your job, then you may consider
whether to upgrade it or not with decision of how many bennefic the
new version of the software provided to you.

Check out a book for new version of software and see if it actually provides
the most value for you for at least 2 to 3 months,
lightningleo
well.. thanks for sharing this information..
i'm going ahead to download it..
i'm a fan of photoshop softwares and was currently using corel paintshop.was great. now i'm looking for photoshop cs6..
mukesh
blueray wrote:

blueray

I have also cs3 but cs5 have to many new tools so suggest must try to use cs6. But this time me also have cs5. Sad
blueray
mukesh wrote:
blueray wrote:

blueray

I have also cs3 but cs5 have to many new tools so suggest must try to use cs6. But this time me also have cs5. Sad

mukesh

You must be a photo and photoshop professor and lover ! Smile

Thanks for your suggestion of trying the new version mentioned above,

Acutually, I have a book of the ps cs4 and its features really amazing and
and cs 5 give me unlimited creativitiy for comosing and editing images.
However, no more cpu power can be used to bring any version mentioned above that
can be installed on my older machine (it's a PIII 733 + some overclocking) at this time.

But I will get a new one at the end of this year and looking forward for testing it. Smile

Thanks more.
lobokun
i like the feel of the new beta ...it just feels right for some reason
thanhcuong1990
Photoshop CS6 is great!

Code:
What's new in Photoshop?
Adobe® Photoshop® CS6 software delivers even more imaging magic, new creative options, and the Adobe Mercury Graphics Engine for blazingly fast performance. Retouch with new Content-Aware features, and create superior designs as well as movies using new and reimagined tools and workflows.

Download: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop
AllenKurtis
I ran Hijack this and here is my logfile. Is there a problem?
the-guide
I remember that I just have invested on Adobe Suite CS5 last year, don't know why it was upgraded so fast? So, I will not try the new CS6 (may be, I will reconsider if they offer a very very special low price for the old clients Laughing ).

In fact, untill now, I never used all of its functions and features since I have it. I think the old one works well and properly enough for me.

Blummer
Seen it in action, love the new crop facility.
blueray
Photoshop cs6 was released and it's time for me to think whether upgrade or not !

I have just started reading its features list and is very extensive.
The new in-place 3d control was one of my farvite.
And drag-to-place lightsource by shadow was the second.

I would like to try this out.
However, I can't download it from adobe.com but with an error number on the download page.

Did any experts know what's happened ?

Thank you !
silverdown
I had the beta then I had to uninstall since Beta ended... or i thot