FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

If life gives a second chance

bukaida
What will you do, if , somehow you are given a second chance to start your life afresh ( from the point of your choice )? Actually, I was watching the movie "Prince of persia" last night. So the thought just came into my mind. However I am putting a restriction that, you will not remember anything beyond the rollback point(cannot use the knowledge of the future to change the past), else the things will be unbalanced. Very Happy
Rajat_Pawar
If I got a chance to get a 2nd life...wouldn't matter. I would do the same shit again and repent later..but If I had the knowledge of future...hmm...things would be awesome den..I could win over my crush...
xikaouj
If there is such a thing that I can get a second chance to do anything do not satisfied me , I would do the best to make it better.
Time mathine, auch a thing .
busaboss
If ever given the choice to start my life all over again without my memories, I would never accept it because I cannot imagine living my life without my family and my friends. I wouldn't extend my life if it means losing all the important pieces of me.
bukaida
You have the option of wiping from hours to years. It is your choice how much you want to rewind Very Happy
busaboss
bukaida wrote:
You have the option of wiping from hours to years. It is your choice how much you want to rewind Very Happy

Well, I guess that I will be just contented with my life and hope that I can set things right. I would rather be myself than to cheat and change my true self.
IceCreamTruck
Honestly, I would lie more. That is the honest truth. Telling the truth has hurt my life a lot, and I'm fine with the way things are, but given a chance to go back I might not share things as freely as I have this first time.

For instance, not wanting to keep my mouth shut or lie when I was a kid ended up getting me labelled as a bad kid in grade school, and I only come to find out in college that the people who called me bad had no idea what bad really was. All of us kids were angels compared to the trouble my American friends tell stories about, and because I was an honest kid I got labelled as a bad kid and was treated pretty bad because of that all through high school. I have just had a huge problem with telling people the truth, and being honest with people about my feelings, or what is on my mind.

Hey, thinking is not a crime... yet. But opening my mouth has gotten me excluded, dumped, fired, arrested, and the list goes on -- all for being honest and up front with everyone. Sure, sometimes I hold back the truth but that is about the extent of it.

I thought this would mean that people can trust me, but the effect is the opposite. People don't trust me because they think I'm just going to expose all of their secrets.

Girls have dumped me because always telling the truth eliminates the mystery. The girl can't think I'm possibly a "bad guy" because I have nothing to hide, and they always know where I am, or I tell them where I was. I've literally had girls hit me for telling the truth exactly how things are without BS.

I tell the truth, and others don't really seem that interested in the truth. Hence, I am alone, and that is what I would change if I could go back. I know this change would produce drastically different results in my life, and it couldn't be much worse because I am totally alone most of the time, and I don't have that many things of any value.
ocalhoun
bukaida wrote:
(cannot use the knowledge of the future to change the past), else the things will be unbalanced. Very Happy

If you go back to a point in the past with the same knowledge you had in the past, won't you just make the same decision over again?

And no, I have nothing in my past I regret enough to go back in time to fix... Though I might save the ability for later, just to have the luxury of an 'undo button' to fix some quick mistake later on.
IceCreamTruck
ocalhoun wrote:
bukaida wrote:
(cannot use the knowledge of the future to change the past), else the things will be unbalanced. Very Happy

If you go back to a point in the past with the same knowledge you had in the past, won't you just make the same decision over again?

* Poof! * (Ocalhoun promptly disappears in a puff of his own logic)

I was first introduced to this looping back logic on itself in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

ocalhoun wrote:
And no, I have nothing in my past I regret enough to go back in time to fix... Though I might save the ability for later, just to have the luxury of an 'undo button' to fix some quick mistake later on.

Hmmm, I agree. My statement is more of a mild curiosity as well. I believe in living life such a way that one acquires very little regret by the end: honesty, integrity, peacefulness, mindfulness, intelligence, knowledge, patience, and self-control are tools to consider helping limit ones regret. Or one could simply tackle conscience as we could all live without regret if we didn't have those pesky things bugging us right when things are starting to get interesting!
ocalhoun
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I believe in living life such a way that one acquires very little regret by the end: [...] self-control [...] are tools to consider helping limit ones regret.

Too much self-control can cause regret too though.

The worst kind of regret sometimes is regretting something you wanted to do, but never did, and now have lost the opportunity to.

Don't get me wrong... there are things I regret... but none of those ruined my life to such a degree that I would be willing to give up what I have now to fix them.
Asap170
I believe in that everything happens for a reason. And those results will lead you to the path that you were meant to follow. I've done some stupid things, but they ultimately made me a better person, made me meet some awesome people, and just made me who I am.
IceCreamTruck
ocalhoun wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I believe in living life such a way that one acquires very little regret by the end: [...] self-control [...] are tools to consider helping limit ones regret.

Too much self-control can cause regret too though.

The worst kind of regret sometimes is regretting something you wanted to do, but never did, and now have lost the opportunity to.

Don't get me wrong... there are things I regret... but none of those ruined my life to such a degree that I would be willing to give up what I have now to fix them.

You are lucky. I am lucky. We wouldn't choose to change anything. I would experiment with holding more back if I could, but only to see if it raises people trust in me. If it did I feel I would loose more faith in people, so things are most likely better the way they are.

asap170 wrote:
I believe in that everything happens for a reason. And those results will lead you to the path that you were meant to follow. I've done some stupid things, but they ultimately made me a better person, made me meet some awesome people, and just made me who I am.

I agree with the argument that you appear to be making: you wouldn't be you without the good and the bad. That's pretty easy to understand, because we all learn, respond, and growth through life. You can't rewind without ending up a different person.
bukaida
Wouldn't it be nice if you can meet with some near or dear one who has passed away ? or cherish the moment of achievement (or some good moments/experience of your life) once more? I personally miss my childhood days a lot. It would have been soo nice if I could go back to those days !!
sonam
I don't like rewind any second especially without knowledge what I have now. What I will get with this? I haven't nice childhood and I will loose the nice people again?! Thank you, but this is not my way. Confused

Sonam