FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can't enter my Gmail Account! Help and I send you invatation

tbcomputerfix
Hi All!

I have a (DON'T LAUGH!) 56K Internet (The kind that beep-beep-beeeeeep-beeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppps when it connects, you know). But anyway, I have a gmail account, and I don't know why, suddenly, my Computer just couldn't load the page. And it's not the slow internet, because I have an another computer, which can enter Gmail. But why can't I enter it? Can you suggest an app? My Computer is 100% free of Spyware and Viruses, I'm sure of it. And in case it matters, I connect through Proxy. I tried loading the page with Mozzila Firefox or With Internet Explorer, none of them could f****** load the page, so please help! If somebody solves this problem, I promise to send him an invatation to Gmail, for free!

Yours hopefully
n0obie4life
You from teh UK?
mwm
What error pare do you get? 404?

-mwm
silentpark
dunno... but did you try to delete the cookies...
maybe your browser doesn't support the auto-login feature...

or check your firewall settings, maybe allow gmail.com more actions

or jsut try to enter your gmail account from a friends computer...

or..
just try firefox
rootC
Have you logged onto your account in the past 9 months? Google would have disabled your account if you did not.
Summer
Turn Off any security options for Gmail websites as you say ur pc is 100% secure . Maybe it is too secure .
Dark-Tech
hmmm

use your other computer

lol

-problem solved

ha ha 56k
tbcomputerfix
OK, I'll answer it step by step:

1. I'm not from "Te UK", I'm from Israel.
2. I don't get any error- Firefox says the page is blank or something, Explorer does display some error (Cannot Find Server). I tried to lower security settings- dosen't work!
3. I told you no to laugh at my Internet Evil or Very Mad
4. I tried both Firefox And IE.

Any suggestions Question
yupeng
Almost all the people in our country connect to internet by ADSL.
The speed is very good!
Arin
tbcomputerfix wrote:
OK, I'll answer it step by step:

1. I'm not from "Te UK", I'm from Israel.
2. I don't get any error- Firefox says the page is blank or something, Explorer does display some error (Cannot Find Server). I tried to lower security settings- dosen't work!
3. I told you no to laugh at my Internet :evil:
4. I tried both Firefox And IE.

Any suggestions :?:

1. Your country really doesnt matter ^^
2. This is worth of further investigation..
3. 56k speed rox. Such band can teach how to value every single kB/s while using any type of internet connection.
4. Good :).

My point is - you mentioned that you are using some kind of proxy. Write more about it. Is it some kind of transparent proxy used by your dialup ISP? Or maybe it's just a proxy that you configure manually in your browser options.

In case of that second option - try to disable the proxy, and connect to gmail.com directly. If you are using Firefox installation with default settings I really doubt in browser's fault.

Oh, one more thing - the firewall. If you were installing new sort of firewall, or modified options, or whatever - make sure that it lets your browser to make connections on other ports than 80 only :). For example - atm I am connected to google server at port 80, but connection comes from my pc's port 4xxx. If I would cut this off - I would not be able to connect to gmail. (at least I think that :D)

I hope it will help.

Cheers,
Arin.
n0obie4life
I thought it did because there's the thing with gmail in the UK.
gnomme
tbcomputerfix wrote:
Hi All!

I have a (DON'T LAUGH!) 56K Internet (The kind that beep-beep-beeeeeep-beeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppps when it connects, you know). But anyway, I have a gmail account, and I don't know why, suddenly, my Computer just couldn't load the page. And it's not the slow internet, because I have an another computer, which can enter Gmail. But why can't I enter it? Can you suggest an app? My Computer is 100% free of Spyware and Viruses, I'm sure of it. And in case it matters, I connect through Proxy. I tried loading the page with Mozzila Firefox or With Internet Explorer, none of them could f****** load the page, so please help! If somebody solves this problem, I promise to send him an invatation to Gmail, for free!

Yours hopefully

maybe its time to format your disk... Wink
aziz79
i've eXperience same problem when I try to log-in my gmail account with IE or FireFox..
very slow loading ..

but now after i change to ADSL - its roxx ( i use gmail with mozilla thunderbird)

Very Happy
WiaWeb
All I can do is reccomend clearing your cookies, cache, and any saved passwords. Confused
bananaphone
Use a program like CCleaner to shred all your internet logs, cache etc. and try again - or network the two computers and connect though the one that works.
bogden
i forget what password recovery system gmail has, but it is probably some hard question/response type thing. good luck!
chiragcoolboy
Since how many days te problem is there. I read on some other forum that many of them r having problem with G-mail. You shld try later. I don't know y it is working on ur other pc.
GoodLuck
shishir_bit
tbcomputerfix wrote:
Hi All!

Yours hopefully

Try to install flash player .as the most common problem in these case is new flash technology which gives life to web site. In your other computer it may be that your other computer is pre installed with flash.(flash 6 or higher is better)

Other reason my be some private policies depending on your Internet configurations try to make in minimal.

interesting thing about Gmail is its POP access is free.That you can copy your mails directly using outlook or other such programms.

Even Thanks for your Gmail invitation. I have an account already in gmail.

Quote:
jameson
i suggest you to take your computer with you and throw it away in the nearest bin ... then you open your biggest wallet and you go buy a brand new pc in the nearest shop you can! Very Happy
Pikokola
Ok i ever have a same problem as you,
If you recognize it, G-mail uses 2 type of displayed Page, the default one and the basic HTML, and i think the default one is better but in a slow connection, the basic HTML is much better.

and how about to switch to Basic HTML, ok you might know it, but if you didn't know, I had one bad news for you, you must login to your account first ^^

In my oppinion, the problem that you got is on your connection, in my Country (Indonesia), sometimes i had an unstable connection, and that's the point that makes us can't get in to G-mail. And you know what does that mean.. (so sorry for your beeeps... Sad)

Another possible problem is, when you log in into G-mail, it redirect you automatically into another mirror (i'm still not sure whenever it's another mirrod, but it's really another site), and you should read a "Loading.." in the screen with one more.. white pages... totally empty.. and stopped
It could be because of (again) your unstable connection, or your security,

about the proxy, i think it doesn't mater, because i'm always useing proxy when log in into G-mail or another site Very Happy