FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Hunger Games

Mcfr0st
has anyone seen it? i want to watch the first movie of the series after i finish the trilogy of the books. does it follow the book closely? the book is interesting and the trailer looks great, what are your opinions of the first movie?
Blummer
I've overheard it does. Haven't read the books, but I'm eager to see it. And personally, I'm glad it's not in 3D. Should focuse more on story.
Insanity
I was thinking about reading this series, but I haven't gotten around to it. It sounds really good though, and I'm hearing a lot of good stuff about it. I have just finished one series, and I'm a bit wary of starting another series.
silverdown
I am planning on getting the book and watch the series or movie whichever it is..
williamluu
got the book on kindle, but probably wont finish it before i watch the movie next week
lightwate
Haven't read it yet or seen the movie. But a friend of mine says that the movie was so good she decided to read the book. My sister, on the other hand read the book first and liked the movie. So I'm guessing that there's not much of a difference
_AVG_
The movie (like most good movies these days) confronts many issues and posing questions for society (such as reality shows, big brother stuff, hunger as a world problem, etc.) and does so in an entertaining way. In fact, there are interesting parallels with Greek mythology as well. The movie is like a fusion of fantasy and reality! So in my opinion, it is one that will impress intellectuals and non-intellectuals as well. And yes, after watching it, I will certainly buy the book! Very Happy
Asap170
I just saw the movie on Friday...It was epic and amazing. I downloaded the series (books) and started reading the first paragraph and was like I can relate to the movie now and like it's so graphic now while reading and stays true to the book.

Katniss is so freaking hot in the movie and I was quite confuse on who would win in the very beginning and everything. Also, the ending left me thinking a lot what would happen in the sequel if there is one.

Also, I was thinking of growing a beard like Seneca Crane.
rogue_skydragon
i haven't seen it yet, but i suppose i'll jump on the band wagon. i hope it's as good as people say it is.
dude_xyx
Heard lot of good stuff about it but haven't found the DVD yet. I hope it will live up to all these positive reviews.
matrixuk321
It was really good, I think I'll get the books (I did the same with Game of thrones but have not read them yet lol)
busaboss
Is Hunger Games really that good? I was looking for some movies to watch aside from the Titanic 3D so I might as well check this one out. Looks nice.
PapaMinouche
Don't spend moeny on Titanic....in 3D! Rent it or something like that...there's not really much about the 3D stuff in the Titatnic!

And yes Hunger game is really a good movie, you should definitly go see it!
Chellesei
Asap170 wrote:
I just saw the movie on Friday...It was epic and amazing. I downloaded the series (books) and started reading the first paragraph and was like I can relate to the movie now and like it's so graphic now while reading and stays true to the book.

...Also, the ending left me thinking a lot what would happen in the sequel if there is one.

You have the same thoughts as me! Very Happy I've also read some parts of the book, and whenever I read them, the things happened in the movie flashes on my mind! For me, it's easier to understand the scenes since I've watched the movie first.

And yeah! I was TOTALLY curious about what's gonna happen next! The moment I got home, I searched stuffs about The Hunger Games and I'm glad that there's a movie of Catching Fire coming next year. Very Happy
But I think I'm gonna read the book first, this time. Smile I'm going to read Catching Fire and Mockingjay. Very Happy
chartcentral
The Hunger Games is definitely a good movie and it was nicely adapted from the book. The actors, especially Jennifer Lawrence who plays the lead role of Katniss Everdeen, portrays her character well and is very convincing in her portrayal.
andro_king
I haven't read the book but have watched the movie titled hunger games its good..!!
wish to read the books too..!!
Tuvitor
I'll have to see this when I get the chance. I've heard a lot of good things about it.