You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best Premier League Defender

So, as the Premier League is drawing to a close, it seems that the quest for various prestigious titles is also gaining momentum. Who, according to you, has been the best defender this season in the Barclays Premier League?

Is it the dynamic David Luiz, who, in addition to his superb defensive tackles and clearances, has provided Chelsea with goals and assists too? Is it Patrice Evra, who has been instrumental in Manchester United's successful run this season? Is it Kolo Toure, who has lunged at many strikers during Manchester City's dream run? I'd like to know the opinions of all those present here... Wink
Chelsea FC beat Benfica 1-0 to clear the first leg with a victory! Yay! Very Happy
The tie between AC Milan and Barcelona ended in a 0-0 draw. So, big action coming up at Camp Nou next week!
David luiz and John Terry.

Rio Ferdinand is over the hill. His age is showing up.
Best Premier League midfielder?

1. Juan Mata (Chelsea FC)
2. David Silva (Manchester City)
3. Clint Dempsey (Fulham)
4. Ryan Giggs (Manchester United)
5. Luka Modric (Tottenham Hotspur)
6. Gareth Bale (Tottenham Hotspur)
7. Ashley Young (Manchester United)
Best Premier League Forward?

1. Robin van Persie (Arsenal)
2. Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)
3. Sergio Aguero (Manchester City)
4. Demba Ba (Newcastle United)
5. Emmanuel Adebayor (Tottenham Hotspur)
Best defender this year is Vermaelen Best Mid is Alex Song and Best Striker is Van Persie... Not an Arsenal Fan I promise Wink ...oh and best Goalkeeper...Szczesny.....
Chelsea won their duel against Tottenham in the FA Cup Semi Final 5-1! A superb free kick from Lampard, in addition to a high power shot from Drogba sealed the Blues's clash against Liverpool at Wembley.

Scorers: Drogba, Mata (controversial), Ramires, Lampard, Malouda Very Happy
for Tottenham, it was just Bale!
yeah, but i think referee made bad mistake about second chelsea goal... also, about spurs goal - he must give red card to goalkeeper cause he made foul on adebayor
Yeah, I agree. Chelsea continue to bring results under Di Matteo as they claim a 1-0 victory over Barcelona at Stamford Bridge. Drogba scored for Chelsea. But one must say that Barcelona were far more composed and created many more chances than the hosts. But the Blues defended very well and blocked many shots of Lionel Messi. Also, Cech's saves were excellent - he denied Barcelona many times. Let's see what happens at Camp Nou next week. Embarassed
Tevez is awesome.
Best GK is
Petr Cech (Chelsea)
Best defender is
Gary Cahill and John Terry (Chelsea)
Best midfielder is
Juan Mata, Frank Lampard (Chelsea), David Silva (MC), and Ashley Young (MU)
Best Forward
RvP (Arsenal), Balotelli (MC), Demba Ba (Newcastle United), Wazza (MU), and Sergio KA (MC)
I miss John Shea.

I'm getting old.
Cahill is very good, now at Chelsea - he was robbed of a place at the Euro Championships by a coward in a Belgium shirt who pushed him into our goalkeeper, breaking his jaw.
John Terry and Rio Ferdinand
John terry.........