FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Little poem

ratanegra
My English is not so good, though I've always wanted to write poetry in all languages. I wrote this a couple of minutes ago and I'd like you to tell me what you think about it. I thought of some corrections, but I don't like to change what I have already done. So:

You can set me now on fire;
yet, you can't erase my name.
You will know my most desire:
to be immortal with my fame.
singaporechristian
doesn't sound too bad! Smile
Mr_Howl
Reminds me of Herostratus.
ratanegra
Mr_Howl wrote:
Reminds me of Herostratus.

I like that guy.
ratanegra
Hahaha, it's very interesting to come back and find this little antique still on the first page. I can see that this forum is not so active. I was actually excited to see someone writing poetry on the forum, but it was me. Curious indeed.
deanhills
You've certainly come a long way with your writing. Must be all of the books you've read, the assignments you've written. Must give you a good feeling about how far you've traveled with your writing. Cool
ratanegra
deanhills wrote:
You've certainly come a long way with your writing. Must be all of the books you've read, the assignments you've written. Must give you a good feeling about how far you've traveled with your writing. Cool

Yeah, you must be right Very Happy I studied Modern Languages for 5 years. When I wrote this poem I was starting my second year. On our last years they made us read so much, and learn so much grammar of all the languages we were studying, that something must have stayed with me. My English is still lacking but I can recognize the progress that I've made.