FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How are Gold rings important for proposal ?

submission
Goldring have important role for the proposal because, it looks more beautiful then other rings, every lady have hanker after for their wedding. Whereas it having much price then also everything is priceless for beloved.
Rolling Eyes
Hello_World
Here at least it is more common to propose with a diamond ring, married with a gold ring.

It is traditional, and you get to show it off, and the man gets to prove that your life-long relationship is important enough to him to spend 2 months salary on or so. (well that is the rough amount here). And there has to be some forethought to save that much money. It is supposed to be impressive.

And you get to keep something of value if he cheats on you at that early stage. Later you get to keep a house too. LOL jokes guys...

Really I think the main thing is that you can prove his worth to your friends and family, a status thing, whether you have 'done well' or if you have a cheap ring comparative to your job other women look poorly on it and poorly therefore on your man and also you. Sad to say. They see a cheap ring as an indication that he is a loser or doesn't care that much. Of course, real friends see past that, but still... many people still really think this way.

They are pretty though, really, they sparkle...

I think the symbolism is like, your love is like the eternal circle of the ring... strong and unbroken...

I hate to be so practical minded if you are in the midst of being 'in love'... Are you planning to 'pop the question'?
Da Rossa
Well, it is the most traditional metal, and one of the most beautiful too. Try proposing with a lithium ring Very Happy
GuidanceReader
I hate Gold so made sure that anyone who was potentially going to ask me to marry them to make sure my ring was silver. I also didn't want anything expensive as I have a tendency to lose my rings.

My husband bought me a silver wedding/engagement set (which I helped choose) and I ended up being allergic to one of them metals used in the ring, and I've been told that I'd also be allergic to the gold rings as they also have it in them. So now I have a $20 Titanium ring. My set is kept for special occasions.

I don't think the ring is the important part of the relationship/marriage. It's merely a symbol for show.
Da Rossa
Well, I like tradition. It is beautiful in the first place! Smile
Mr_Howl
Hello_World wrote:
Here at least it is more common to propose with a diamond ring, married with a gold ring.

It is traditional, and you get to show it off, and the man gets to prove that your life-long relationship is important enough to him to spend 2 months salary on or so. (well that is the rough amount here). And there has to be some forethought to save that much money. It is supposed to be impressive.

Really I think the main thing is that you can prove his worth to your friends and family, a status thing, whether you have 'done well' or if you have a cheap ring comparative to your job other women look poorly on it and poorly therefore on your man and also you. Sad to say. They see a cheap ring as an indication that he is a loser or doesn't care that much. Of course, real friends see past that, but still... many people still really think this way.

I think the symbolism is like, your love is like the eternal circle of the ring... strong and unbroken...

What's funny is that almost all of this is because of a marketing campaign by De Beers, the company that has a worldwide monopoly on diamonds.

That's how you know you've been successful at advertising--it actually becomes part of the culture, and most people don't even remember it was advertising!

Of course, they also get to artificially drive up the price of diamonds. Rolling Eyes
Da Rossa
Seriously: what gift would you use when you're on your knees at the moment of proposal??
apple
While some people place importance on the ring, I don't.
To me what we feel about each other and if we can live in harmony is much more important.

What does it matter if he proposes with a plastic ring from a toy store?
Does he/she make you happy? Can you imagine spending the rest of your life with them? Is that a face you wanna see everyday when you wake up?
Da Rossa
Trust me: you may not care about golden rings today. Lets say you get married tomorrow. In seven years, if you wake up with your husband giving you a GOLDEN ring, you will love it. Much more than a paper ring.
apple
Da Rossa wrote:
Trust me: you may not care about golden rings today. Lets say you get married tomorrow. In seven years, if you wake up with your husband giving you a GOLDEN ring, you will love it. Much more than a paper ring.

Of course if he proposed with a paper/plastic/mango leaf ring...when we get married the ring would be something a little more 'lasting' Smile
Syryus
Here there is kind of a tradition that the proposal ring, actually called engagement ring, to be from silver with a precious stone on it. It's worn in the same place as the wedding ring until the actual wedding, when it goes on the other hand and the wedding ring, made of gold, take its place.
This way the bride actually gets two expensive rings instead of one Very Happy
apple
Syryus wrote:
Here there is kind of a tradition that the proposal ring, actually called engagement ring, to be from silver with a precious stone on it. It's worn in the same place as the wedding ring until the actual wedding, when it goes on the other hand and the wedding ring, made of gold, take its place.

where are you from?
Syryus
apple wrote:
Syryus wrote:

where are you from?

I'm from Romania. It says that in my introduction topic Razz
apple
Syryus wrote:
apple wrote:
Syryus wrote:

where are you from?

I'm from Romania. It says that in my introduction topic Razz

I did not go read it Embarassed Embarassed
pauline5765
Well, the ring is a symbol of love and marriage. And a symbol is just a symbol. The value of the ring doesn't measure the love you both have for each other. A rich guy can buy the most expensive ring for a lady he doesn't love that much.