FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SD Card not working?

Tony The Tiger
I just bought a USB 2.0 Multi in One Card Reader for SD MMC SDHC. I possess three SD cards: an 8 GB, a 2 GB and a 32 MB. When I insert the 8 and 32 into the multi in one while it is plugged into a USB port, the drive shows up in Microsoft Windows Explorer. Alternatively, I could remove either of them from the multi in one slot and put it directly in my laptop's SD card slot and either one shows up in Windows explorer. However, when I insert my 2 GB in the multi in one card reader SD card slot, it does not show up in windows explore. When I insert the 2 GB directly in my laptop's SD card slot, it shows up. However, I am unable to delete files from it when it is in the laptop's SD card slot. Il.e., when I right click there is no option between create shortcut and rename. Oddly all three cards are fully functional within my camera. I.e., I can delete directly from the camera or I can connect to the laptop by USB and delete from the camera. What gives?
Marcuzzo
I have had the same at times and this always works for me:
rightclick on my computer and select manage.
in left panel of computer management click on Disk Management.
In right panel right click your drive, right mouseclick and select “Change Drive Letter and Path”
and give it another drive label.

EDIT:
Tony The Tiger wrote:
I am unable to delete files from it when it is in the laptop's SD card slot. Il.e., when I right click there is no option between create shortcut and rename.?

I also had this and after a while I noticed that everytime when I inserted the sd card in the slot, it would slide the read-only switch because I didn't insert it gently enough.

other then that I can't see why you can't delete files from it
cybersa
Tony The Tiger wrote:
I just bought a USB 2.0 Multi in One Card Reader for SD MMC SDHC. I possess three SD cards: an 8 GB, a 2 GB and a 32 MB. When I insert the 8 and 32 into the multi in one while it is plugged into a USB port, the drive shows up in Microsoft Windows Explorer. Alternatively, I could remove either of them from the multi in one slot and put it directly in my laptop's SD card slot and either one shows up in Windows explorer. However, when I insert my 2 GB in the multi in one card reader SD card slot, it does not show up in windows explore. When I insert the 2 GB directly in my laptop's SD card slot, it shows up. However, I am unable to delete files from it when it is in the laptop's SD card slot. Il.e., when I right click there is no option between create shortcut and rename. Oddly all three cards are fully functional within my camera. I.e., I can delete directly from the camera or I can connect to the laptop by USB and delete from the camera. What gives?

Sometimes it will happen when you put password to your Memory Card.
Make you sure.