FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Just finished a draft of my homepage for my site

XchaosX
Now it is just a draft so grammer spelling might be wrong and it maybe dulled out but, its just a start.
All criticism is welcomed I need to know if I am doing good or need to redo it etc. To people who use Google AdSense I would like to know if where I have my ads places is good or not.

Also I used iweb and when I published it was not sure if it published it in the right directory if someone
can try both links it and see if they both go to the same page. please do tell so I know where to put my content.

My Homepage

Other Link

By the way just to you guys know everyone seems very friendly up here I respect that!!!
IceCreamTruck
It's a good start. There will always be something you want to change, so shoot for product phases, and don't wait until it's done. It will never be done.
Ghost Rider103
Interesting start, I'd say you still have some work to do though.

I think the logo location and contrast of the colors is excellent, however I don't think the logo was executed all that well. I can't really see anything else other than the C.

Other than that it's a bit hard to comment as you haven't gotten very far.

I'd say your adense is placed ok, it's definitely a common spot. But I'd attempt to fit it in a bit better, but that is difficult with any type of ads.

Good luck though, let us know when you update something so we can take another look.

By the way, this thread has been moved to Design Tips.
IceCreamTruck
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I'd say your adense is placed ok, it's definitely a common spot. But I'd attempt to fit it in a bit better, but that is difficult with any type of ads.

Honestly, I agree, and I'd plan on removing all ads until your service is working for you. Ads are a turn off, and can adversely affect a sites performance out of the gate. At least make sure to take the ads on the top of your site off, as no one really intends to have people come to their site only to be instantly distracted, and the ads are designed to do that... it will take away from whatever you are trying to present. Keep ads below all of your good content that is coming. Just my advice... the ad on the bottom of the site is fine, but I suggest going with a wider ad there to maximise the unused space on either side of the ad. If you aren't going to use it, then devote it all to the add, or several ads.
XchaosX
Understood Remove ad from top make ad on bottom wider make logo more clearer I might make another logo since I only made that one for when I make my videos. that is probally why the logo is not clear enough. Thanks guys
IceCreamTruck
XchaosX wrote:
Understood Remove ad from top make ad on bottom wider make logo more clearer I might make another logo since I only made that one for when I make my videos. that is probally why the logo is not clear enough. Thanks guys

recommendation try this:

Code:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
BODY {
    background: #222222;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    text-align: center;
}
.StylishDiv {
    color: #FFFFFF;
    background: #000000;
    border: solid tan 2px;
    border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px;
    margin: 20px;
   padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px;
   //display: inline;
    width: 600px;
   height: 350px;
    text-align: center;
}
</STYLE>
<HEAD>
<BODY>

<CENTER>
<DIV CLASS=StylishDiv>
Hello, and good evening to all!
</DIV>
</CENTER>

</BODY>
</HTML>

Also available at: http://AstroTwister.com/attempt.html

This may give you some development ideas to play around with. In this format the background remains easy on the eye, and text pops more because of the contrast to white... just my thoughts on what kind of interface I like to have.
hw3patch
The "Home" link on the top doesn't work unless Javascript is turned on.
XchaosX
hw3patch wrote:
The "Home" link on the top doesn't work unless Javascript is turned on.

ya home link wont work because I did not link it I am going to work on it over the weekend so I will make sure I keep everything that everyone said in mind
mukesh
XchaosX but good look home page
XchaosX
I just finished the site Only thing missing is my about page but please cheeck it out

Click Here

Tell Me What do you guys think
IceCreamTruck
XchaosX wrote:
Click Here

Tell Me What do you guys think

Nice! I like the changes! Big Changes!

Did you check this out? http://AstroTwister.com/attempt.html

You could put this right in the middle of what you already made. I like your colors!
XchaosX
Thanks ya I spent quite a bit of time trying to find the right colors
IceCreamTruck
XchaosX wrote:
Thanks ya I spent quite a bit of time trying to find the right colors

A change needs to be made on your top navigation, however, because you can't see these links against the same color background, and your hover color is darker than the normal link color. Usually the hover color is lighter, so when you mouse over it pops up to the eye more than if it gets darker.
Ghost Rider103
Yeah that color of the navigation needs to be changed, I can barely see it. Almost missed it.
XchaosX
Dude If only I new how the whole site was done in iweb I will go back and look through the html code and try to edit it last time i edit html code from an iweb page the whole paged was jacked up but I will take a look at it
rodexa
The links Home, Blog, Videos and LIVE! are a bit difficult to read.