FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Favorite Movie Quote

jessica001
Which is your favorite movie quote of all time?
IceCreamTruck
May not be my favorite, but I use it a lot in day to day conversation: "Looks like I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue!" -- Airplane

Yes, I am not "normal"! hehe, well, whatever normal is.. I don't want to be that! Smile

PS. if you really want to be funny then do the whole bit: looks like I picked a bad day to stop smoking, drinking, sniffing glue. It's a progression and should be done in order to get the desired effect! Oh, and good luck... we're all counting on you! Smile
ujjwalshrestha
keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer.
watchftp
a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man. (God Father)
silverdown
"Great Scott, 1.21 gigawatts, 1.21 gigawatts" Christoper Loydd as Doc Brown in Back the future movie trilogy
dude_xyx
“ When 900 years old, you reach… Look as good, you will not.” Yoda

“ It's a trap! ” Admiral Ackbar

Both from Star Wars
IceCreamTruck
dude_xyx wrote:
“ It's a trap! ” Admiral Ackbar

My brother has this one on a t-shirt. Admiral Ackbar has chinese finger cuffs on his hand and a surprised look on his face, but it doesn't say anything. It assumes you know his most famous line... it's pretty funny.
cybersa
This is from Twilight movie.

When you can live forever what do you live for?

Smile
Blummer
If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour

from Back to the future. Laughing Really memorable phrases.
mgeek
ujjwalshrestha wrote:
keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer.

which movie? Is it from the Godfather? The original is from Machiavelli's "The Prince."
mgeek
cybersa wrote:
This is from Twilight movie.

When you can live forever what do you live for?

Smile

Who wants to live forever? (The Highlander, but not part of the script. It is from a song they played in the background of a scene where the immortal Highlander realizes that it can be lonely seeing your loved ones grow old and die.)
Rajat_Pawar
Why, so, serious, son?
zorro
ill be back.. from terminator
Vanilla
- I love you!
- I know.
(Lea and Solo in "Empire strikes back". My dream is to find a guy who answers to "I love you" like that. Laughing )

They're only noodles, Michael.

AND

How far are you willing to go?
(David in "The Lost Boys")

I have crossed oceans of time to find you.
(Dracula in "Bram Stoker's Dracula". A personal favorite: this is my favorite movie!)

TELL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
(Loki in "Thor")

IceCreamTruck wrote:
May not be my favorite, but I use it a lot in day to day conversation: "Looks like I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue!" -- Airplane

This movie is awesome! Full of memorable quotes!
alimddine
My favourite tv quote is: Hi my name is Bond, James Bond Smile)
mgeek
Loki: I have an army
Iron Man: We have a Hulk.

-- The Avengers
Josso
So hard... I have seen a lot of films with amazing scripts.

I'm going with this one today...

Quote:
Creation seems to come out of imperfection. It seems to come out of a striving and a frustration and this is where I think language came from. I mean, it came from our desire to transcend our isolation and have some sort of connection with one another. And it had to be easy when it was just simple survival. Like you know, "water." We came up with a sound for that. Or saber tooth tiger right behind you. We came up with a sound for that. But when it gets really interesting I think is when we use that same system of symbols to communicate all the abstract and intangible things that we're experiencing. What is like... frustration? Or what is anger or love? When I say love, the sound comes out of my mouth and it hits the other person's ear, travels through this byzantine conduit in their brain through their memories of love or lack of love, and they register what I'm saying and they say yes, they understand. But how do I know they understand? Because words are inert. They're just symbols. They're dead, you know? And so much of our experience is intangible. So much of what we perceive cannot be expressed. It's unspeakable. And yet you know, when we communicate with one another and we feel that we have connected and we think that we're understood I think we have a feeling of almost spiritual communion. And that feeling might be transient, but I think it's what we live for.
_AVG_
My favorites are from Batman Begins and 300:

"It's not what you are from the inside, it's what you do that defines you"

"It's an honor to die by your side" - (soldier)
"It's an honor to have lived by yours" - (king)
mgeek
Is life just like a tear drop under the pouring rain?

-- Blade Runner
amagard
>> Ah! I am using muscles I didn’t even know I had! No wonder you’re stuck at chapter six <<

Tony DiNozzo in “Navy CIS, episode “Cover Story”, while using McGee’s mechanical typewriter.
lightningleo
Gotham National Bank Manager: Think you're pretty smart, huh? The guy that hired youze, he'll just do the same to you. Oh, criminals in this town used to believe in things. Honor. Respect. Look at you! What do you believe in, huh? WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE IN?
[Bozo leans down and sticks a gas grenade in the manager's mouth]
Bozo: I believe whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you...
[takes off his mask, revealing the Joker]
The Joker: ...stranger.

from "Batman: The Dark Knight"
Blummer
Fabienne: Whose motorcycle is this?
Butch: It's a chopper, baby.
Fabienne: Whose chopper is this?
Butch: It's Zed's.
Fabienne: Who's Zed?
Butch: Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead.

From Pulp Fiction Wink A film full of quotes.
LostOverThere
"You want some free advice?"
"How much is it going to cost me?"

Yeah, The Hustler is a spectacular film, and Paul Newman is the man.
Blummer
Aragorn: If by my life or death I can protect you, I will. You have my sword...
Legolas: And you have my bow.
Gimli: And *my* axe.
Boromir: You carry the fate of us all, little one. If this is indeed the will of the Council, then Gondor will see it done.

No need to tell the title of the film Wink
pravojednostavno
I'll be back... Terminator 2
Deline
For sure, my favorite movie quotation is:

"We begin by coveting what we see every day. Don't you feel eyes moving over your body, Clarice? And don't your eyes seek out the things you want?"

From the brilliant Hannibal Lecter - The Silence of the Lambs
cps31
Why so serious?
dude_xyx
May the Force be with you. - Another one from StarWars series.

You shut up! You are the audience! I am the author! I OUTRANK you!" - The Producers (1967)

"F$$k me gently with a chainsaw." - Heathers (1989)
Blummer
I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too! Smile It's from the Wizard of Oz.
Mrs_Robota
Family make you sick and friends help
codersfriend
"To Infinity...and beyond" - catchphrase of buzz lightyear from Toystory
lightworker88
from Predator 2:

The alien bursts through an apartment wall, startling an old lady, and runs off.
Danny Glover runs in and shouts "It's ok! I'm a cop!"
The old lady says "I don't think he gives sh-t!"
Blummer
Anywhere you go,desire is desire. The sun cannot bleach it, nor the tide wash it away...

This is from The Beach (2000), starring Leo DiCaprio.
ujjawall
Mine "Bhagwan ka diya sab kuch hai mere pass, bas ek wife nahi hai" Laughing
spinout
I will go with the classic from the day the world stood still... Klaatu barada nikto
Myrecords
You'll never get me there alive boy[Bruce Dern]...then I'll get you there dead,boy[Clint Eastwood]-Hang Em High.