FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Start tags in PHP

jcreus
Is it possible that there's been a change on server 4 that short start tags in php are not allowed? Many of my websites hosted at frihost.org don't work, and I've had to change <? to <?php.

Ideas? Thanks.
Bondings
jcreus wrote:
Is it possible that there's been a change on server 4 that short start tags in php are not allowed? Many of my websites hosted at frihost.org don't work, and I've had to change <? to <?php.

Ideas? Thanks.

Yes, this was changed because we upgraded to php 5.3 and they disabled it by default. I did change it back a few days ago because it caused a lot of problems. However I didn't check if it was working.

You can check the setting on http://frihost.org/phpinfo.php . It's the short_open_tag and is turned on now (was off by default due to php 5.3 upgrade).

Have you checked it lately? I'll check it out myself when I find some time.
jcreus
Bondings wrote:
jcreus wrote:

Ideas? Thanks.

Yes, this was changed because we upgraded to php 5.3 and they disabled it by default. I did change it back a few days ago because it caused a lot of problems. However I didn't check if it was working.

You can check the setting on http://frihost.org/phpinfo.php . It's the short_open_tag and is turned on now (was off by default due to php 5.3 upgrade).

Have you checked it lately? I'll check it out myself when I find some time.

Thanks a lot, Bondings!