FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is the best tablets and smart phone TODAY?

johans
i have heard a lot of tablets and smart phones are new open to market specially the new android power huwei.. affordable and super fast phone.. nokia release also there lumina and new samsung phone with graphic projector ..
IceCreamTruck
johans wrote:
i have heard a lot of tablets and smart phones are new open to market specially the new android power huwei.. affordable and super fast phone.. nokia release also there lumina and new samsung phone with graphic projector ..

I have ASUS transformer that I picked up at Bestbuy. It's awesome, and now they are coming out with ASUS transformer prime. If you are going to spend iPad level money on a device then go ASUS. you will not be sorry, and it's slightly cheaper than the iPad.
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
johans wrote:

I have ASUS transformer that I picked up at Bestbuy. It's awesome, and now they are coming out with ASUS transformer prime. If you are going to spend iPad level money on a device then go ASUS. you will not be sorry, and it's slightly cheaper than the iPad.
I was unaware ASUS was in the game too so thanks for posting this. I've been eying Samsung, but lately have heard not so good reports about their screens.
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
not so good reports about their screens.

Same goes for any iPad currently available. They are advertising true HD on the next iPad, but duh! Why was the original iPad built with that silly off-size screen? Should have thought about that Apple cause that was the real deal breaker for me. When they first came out I really wanted one because I have been wanting a micro touchscreen laptop for a long time and it felt like they were building the first iPad for me, but when I looked at the specs I was continually disappointed. I also asked the holy geniuses at the Apple store if you could hook the iPad up to a networked external drive because I already knew that you couldn't hook up a hard drive directly, and don't you know the apple genius asked me why I would ever want to do that! lol... he must have been a newb, as he couldn't wrap his mind around me wanting to store all of my data in one place in stead of storing copies of my data on each device separately. After he thought about it for a while, confirmed what I was trying to get the iPad to do, he decided that would be great functionality but he'd never heard of anyone getting anything like that working, even from an app, or third party software, so I eventually went with dual core, super mobile chip, ASUS transformer with, count them apple, TWO usb ports on the detachable dock with extra battery. x2 the battery life of iPad as well... means the thing will stay on for almost a week on standby. It's just too cool, and you don't have to continue to buy Apple priced accessories. Sure, you can by an iPad cover in any gas station in America at this point, but I found the leather cover for my transformer online that I love! I only need one cover, so availability of options was a non-issue. I like the transformer without the case though. It's tough. Doesn't need one really. I just carry the leather so in business meetings people think it's an iPad, and are auto-jealous, then I blow their minds because it's not! Most people don't know about this option, and so far Apple can't touch it!
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
so I eventually went with dual core, super mobile chip, ASUS transformer with, count them apple, TWO usb ports on the detachable dock with extra battery. x2 the battery life of iPad as well... means the thing will stay on for almost a week on standby. It's just too cool, and you don't have to continue to buy Apple priced accessories. Sure, you can by an iPad cover in any gas station in America at this point, but I found the leather cover for my transformer online that I love! I only need one cover, so availability of options was a non-issue. I like the transformer without the case though. It's tough. Doesn't need one really. I just carry the leather so in business meetings people think it's an iPad, and are auto-jealous, then I blow their minds because it's not! Most people don't know about this option, and so far Apple can't touch it!
That's some great review you wrote there ICT. We're lucky. I'm probably in the same class as the sales guy, however can appreciate where you are coming from. I'd never have thought it would be possible though to get what you wanted. So will definitely check out ASUS on my next visit to a computer souk in Dubai.
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
So will definitely check out ASUS on my next visit to a computer souk in Dubai.

ASUS Transformer prime must be really an awesome thing! I have just the dual core transformer running ice cream sandwich but the prime with four cores will be unstoppable! I bet you can't even catch it blinking! Wink

There's no waiting on my transformer, so isn't much need for more! You should be able to start getting some good deals on them on ebay and such with the coming release of iPad 2 and the ASUS prime already out. Transformer first generation is solid, thanks ASUS! wish we could say the same for iPad, but it's already so far behind the curve.

check this out. Ebay search link has both options for ASUS right up top: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=asus+transformer

iPad similar link shows the general price difference. With Apple more is less, and ASUS less is more!
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=ipad&_sacat=0&_odkw=asus+transformer&_osacat=0

You basically have the choice of $444 for 16gig intro ipad 2 model, or ASUS 1 model for $374. That's quite the difference! Note: Transformer dock sold separate from base unit android device!
johans
Quote:
You basically have the choice of $444 for 16gig intro ipad 2 model, or ASUS 1 model for $374. That's quite the difference! Note: Transformer dock sold separate from base unit android device!

sounds like expensive too.. $374 and $444 almost similar.

they said there is also good huawei smart phone will be release next month so i think i should check out first the reviews and feedback for the user before i purchase one..

I am looking for a gadget which is not too much expensive with a powerful applications and functions.
abhizz
johans wrote:

Nokia lumina is windows phone. I think the android is best rocking smartphones
menino
I guess everyone has their own tastes and budgets.
The new ipad 3 supports better resolution I heard, and I'm not sure if it has a faster processor, but its good for those who can afford it, (including the paid apps).
Galaxy tab is another alternative to it, and now a couple of other companies like Asus and Nokia also coming out with altrnatives.
I guess we are spoilt for choice.
I was thinking of buying a tablet, but with budget constaints, I'll have to wait.
Hope you'll guys get TABbed.
IceCreamTruck
How's $84 dollars sound?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-4G-7-MID-Google-Android-2-3-Touchscreen-Tablet-PC-Laptop-WiFi-3G-Silver-/230731782682?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D280807838102%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7074364845193351621#ht_14052wt_953

I already have an ASUS transformer, but it cost so much, like iPad, that I don't like handing it to people. I want to get the model in the link for testing my software, and if it works out then I'll get 4 to 8 of them for presentations of the AstroTwister.com android app.
cybersa
johans wrote:

Yeah,During MWC2012(Mobile World Congress) lot of mobile phone with new features are released.
My likes:Nokia Pure View 41 Megapixel Camera.
Really Amazing.Smile
johans
Quote:
Yeah,During MWC2012(Mobile World Congress) lot of mobile phone with new features are released.
Really Amazing.

Wow! this is really cool to hear.. 41 Megapixel for Nokia. I just wonder the Internet browsing and speed of the gadget...
william
johans wrote:
Quote:
Really Amazing.

Wow! this is really cool to hear.. 41 Megapixel for Nokia. I just wonder the Internet browsing and speed of the gadget...

The camera really is quite a feat (although I honestly feel that once we hit 6 megapixels, anything more was irrelevant for regular use) and the pictures it takes are genuinely amazing for a camera phone. Here are a few sample shots. I worried that the 41 megapixels would just be marketing hype, but it does look like this phone outclasses many point and shoot cameras.

The rest of the phone leaves a bit to be desired. It runs a flavor of Symbian which is somewhat odd for Nokia seeing as they were going for the Windows Phone route on most of their newer phones. As a result, the software and browser aren't expected to be class leading. Hardware specifications aren't bad (1.3 GHz single core, 512 MB RAM) but nowhere near the current market leaders. It really is a niche phone for camera enthusiasts, but it looks like it will certainly deliver in that respect.
pll
I know I won't make friends here but I'd say Iphone / Ipad.

I know the Iphone have far more competition than the ipad.
So the ipad is the best tablet out there, but the iphone I think it could be discussed.
johans
i have joined the Microsoft server summit yesterday and one of the guest is the Nokia Lumia 900 with comparison of blackberry, iphone 4s and samsung in browsing i can testify that the new nokia Lumia 900 is 2x faster than any other brand this is based on what i have experience and touch the browsing.. wow! but what i dont like on the Nokia Lumia is there apps.. well, different brands have different apps.. and also the HTML5 push in Microsoft.. HTML 5 is nothing compared with others such as PHP and many more..
Radar
Agreed. The iPad / iPhone both have a market presence that you just can't deny. That's something that you can't say about other brands. They're kind of the 'Hoover' of the modern world.
spinout
After the passing of the founder of ipad iphones, I really not think the i-stuff will survive. Obscure will not pass on I think.
johans
spinout wrote:
After the passing of the founder of ipad iphones, I really not think the i-stuff will survive. Obscure will not pass on I think.

I think so... perhaps 5 year from now it will depreciate.
riteshk1
hey you have lots of option in tablet and android phone Samsung launched grand which is nice phone i am using too..Depend on your budget choice is more available in the market.
johans
ipad is getting lower compared to Samsung brand. are you agree with me? why i have said this is because most of my friend choose android Samsung product.
abhinavm24
nexus series.
Very Happy