FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The list: Things you want to experience

speeDemon
Lately, I've been really deeply thinking about life and what it's about...
I watched the premiere episode of the series "wonders of the universe" and got a bit inspired.
I think life finally can only be thought as a string of experiences. Just like the movie, "A walk to remember", when you know that you do have to die one day, when you think about it, you want to do a certain number of things. I'm asking you what you want to do, what you want to achieve, what you want to experience before you lie on your deathbed, so that you will be able to die a happy person, with no regrets and feel content and satisfied about your life.

Here's my list, of course I keep on adding things, these were just some of the first things that popped up in my head:

1)Make a Webiste
2)Invent something
3)Make a Software
4)Learn to play 5 Very Hard Guitar songs
5)Learn Classical Guitar technique
6)Perform in a group dance with friends
7)Go Surfing
8)Write a small book
9)Learn Tennis
10)Win a talent search contest for singing/guitar
11)Perform in front of a very large crowd
12)Give a random street performance
13)Make an animation short film
14)Learn some form of fighting
15)Do something before everyone else
16)Laugh in a very tough situation
17)Get one of my songs Professionally recorded
18)Get a Six Pack!

These aren't in any particular order, It's just a list of things I want to do.
Also, It doesn't have to stop at this. If I say, I want to learn 5 hard songs, it doesn't mean that it has to stop at 5, that is just the bare minimum I've set, so that one day, if I think back, I'll be able to say, "Yeah, I was a good guitarist, and I could play some awesome tunes!".

This is just the minimum I'd like to do, if given the time and opportunity, I'd do much more!
So, what's your list?
Marcuzzo
Hi Speedemon,
some of the items you wrote down are simply a matter of starting with it.

1. Make a website : You are posting here so I assume you already have your hosting and are well on your way

12. Give a random street performance : like Nike says: "just do it...", grab your guitar and go for it.

and last but not least (my favorite)
18. Get a Six Pack! : do 50 crunches every evening or morning and in 6 months you'll have one

Now this is my "Bucket list":

1. get my Alfa Romeo 155 fully restored
2. live a happy life with my wife and have healthy children
3. Visit amazing places in the world that are historical like Machu Picchu or natural like the grand canyon
4. Make one more field trip like I did back in the day with the Chiro, I mist those 10 days in the woods
5. organize my own music festival
6. Drive a race car on a circuit
7. Get My six pack back, I used to be pretty athletic but then I stopped smoking and gained 30Kg Shocked

there are also more out there but these just popped in my mind
spinout
Hm, I former collegue told my in my car the other day (he's from balkan, it is a true story):
"99% of all women are garbage, f**k them all!"

This statement really have made me thinking. He is really the most naive person that you ever could find. And that also made me thinking...

What if there is a 1% of women that not is garbage??? It is mindblowing! Could there be 1 % good females? So if there is something I would experience, that I have not done before, this would be it! Bring on the 1%! If there is existing ... It sound unbelivable but anyway...
speeDemon
spinout wrote:
Bring on the 1%! If there is existing ... It sound unbelivable but anyway...

I can assure you, there are... Wink and not just a mere 1%...

Marcuzzo wrote:
1. Make a website : You are posting here so I assume you already have your hosting and are well on your way

Actually I did make one, but at the time, I didn't really have much knowledge (rather any at all) about programming webpages. I was 13 I think, I got the free space from frihost, and used dreamweaver! it's domain name expired, but it is still here on frihost here. But I wanted to create one from scratch, and also something a bit more presentable! Something I would be really proud of, and by looking at which I could say to anyone without hesitation, "Yeah, I Made a Good Website!"

Marcuzzo wrote:
12. Give a random street performance : like Nike says: "just do it...", grab your guitar and go for it.

It's more about practice! Right now I'm surrounded with exams, but within 2 months I should be able to start the practicing. Plus, I was thinking about a 'mobile' performance, which would require me to construct an Amplifier 'holder' which I would hang on my shoulders, and the amplifier would be somewhere around my legs... I would add a battery equiped amplifier, and just move around playing, wearing a black cowboy type hat! But anyhow, I can still do it without all this fancy stuff with an acoustic!

Marcuzzo wrote:
and last but not least (my favorite)
18. Get a Six Pack! : do 50 crunches every evening or morning and in 6 months you'll have one

haha, actually I'm overweight at the moment... It doesn't show that much, but I basically have a pot belly, not much activity these days... I weigh 80Kgs and am 6feet tall... still, 50 crunches everyday is doable!

Marcuzzo wrote:
5. organize my own music festival
6. Drive a race car on a circuit
7. Get My six pack back, I used to be pretty athletic but then I stopped smoking and gained 30Kg

I love these the best! but, you stopped smoking and gained 30 Kg? haha Smile
standready
speeDemon, off of your list, I have done 1, 2, 3, 8, 11, 12, 17 and just just bought a six pack! Or are you talking abs? laugh

My list now is just travel.
Marcuzzo
speeDemon wrote:
Actually I did make one, but at the time, I didn't really have much knowledge (rather any at all) about programming webpages. I was 13 I think, I got the free space from frihost, and used dreamweaver! it's domain name expired, but it is still here on frihost here. But I wanted to create one from scratch, and also something a bit more presentable! Something I would be really proud of, and by looking at which I could say to anyone without hesitation, "Yeah, I Made a Good Website!"

You were 13 when you created that site, nice work, I started with websites when I was 25 and the first sites were not half as nice as the one you created.

speeDemon wrote:
haha, actually I'm overweight at the moment... It doesn't show that much, but I basically have a pot belly, not much activity these days... I weigh 80Kgs and am 6feet tall... still, 50 crunches everyday is doable!

and
speeDemon wrote:
I love these the best! but, you stopped smoking and gained 30 Kg? haha Smile

I'm 1m83,5 and I used to weigh 80Kg when I was 25, I did practice hapkido and lifted weights at the time but that came to an end when I started working in Brussels which is a 108km drive.
in the evenings I was too tired to do any kind of exercise.
so now in my 30's ( 18 April I'll turn 31 ) I'm at about 105Kg Sad

just to give you an idea
2005 me and my wife

2007 (the guy on the left holding his shoes )

2011 - the guy on the left ( with my arm over my wife's shoulder)

ah crap getting old sucks

EDIT: These pictures were all taken at our great festival Rock Werchter, this year will be my 10th edition

EDIT 2: That picture was taken on the 4th day, so I looked like I got hit by a truck, obviously I look a LOOOOT better in real life Razz
speeDemon
Wow, a pretty big transition, working has it's consequences I guess..!
Loved the photos by the way!
speeDemon
standready wrote:
speeDemon, off of your list, I have done 1, 2, 3, 8, 11, 12, 17 and just just bought a six pack! Or are you talking abs? laugh

My list now is just travel.
wow! Hmm... I guess given enough time(a year Maybe), I should be able yo do all of those too.. other things like learning tennis of course will take a whole lot more practice and hours!
kenxeiko
One thing that I wanted to do know.
Find a cheap VPS host for hosting my online game.

Well, actually there is a lot of things that I wanted to do more.
Bluedoll
speeDemon wrote:

Here's my list, of course I keep on adding things, these were just some of the first things that popped up in my head:

1)Make a Webiste
2)Invent something
3)Make a Software
4)Learn to play 5 Very Hard Guitar songs
5)Learn Classical Guitar technique
6)Perform in a group dance with friends
7)Go Surfing
8)Write a small book
9)Learn Tennis
10)Win a talent search contest for singing/guitar
11)Perform in front of a very large crowd
12)Give a random street performance
13)Make an animation short film
14)Learn some form of fighting
15)Do something before everyone else
16)Laugh in a very tough situation
17)Get one of my songs Professionally recorded
18)Get a Six Pack!

So, what's your list?

At this stage of the game I would be happy with only one item though I can certainly appreciate the making of the list. I really only came to this topic to get some ideas because it sounds interesting. Maybe, I'm over thinking but how can a huge list be accomplished. For now I'll order just one item on the menu. - #8
Peterssidan
I don't have many things I feel I want to do before I die, but here is my small list:
  • Win the 5,8 km race that I use to run every year.
  • Make a computer game that people play because they like it and not because they know me.
grofet
Become a goon person and go to the heaven after i die.
Very simple but very difficult to do.
Pande
I can tell the OP, after the age of 18 it is very easy to get a six pack! Just go down to the liquor store!

But seriously, that is a good and achievable list you have there.

My list would be something very similar to that as I am also a musician, although I have already had the fortune of doing many of them already.
raaeft1
My list of things I want to experience:
1.Get lots of genuine traffic to my news portal.2.Earn ample money to pay off bills and liabilities and save enough.3.Live in our own house.4.Start a newspaper of my own.4.Travel all over the world.5.Buy a new car.6.Family harmony[/list]