FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Photos of the Moon

yagnyavalkya
Here are some photos of the moon I took http://www.flickr.com/photos/76122336@N06
6 Inch Dobsonian Skywatcher Newtonian Reflector
Diameter of Primary Mirror: 153mm, Focal Length: 1200mm, Resolving Power: 0.74, Focal ratio: F/7.8
Photographed with a digital eyepiece
Imaging Sensor: 1/4 Inch 1.3 Megapixel CMOS, Pixel Size 2.8μm x 2.8μm, Sensitivity: 1.0 V/Lux-sec, Spectrum response 400nm - 1000nm
Image resolution: 640X480
kenxeiko
Nice pictures though Smile
mochipie
Wow, super up close photos. Very Happy
Sometimes I wish I had a telescope... or just something to look at the night sky with. The last time I tried photographing the moon, it was at 200mm -__- (the farthest my zoom lens can go to).
standready
Very cool pictures. Thanks for sharing.
lovescience
Nice to see the moon.Smile

And thanks for taking the pictures.
mukesh
nice moon photos
IceCreamTruck
Really fun! Do you have a problem with my linking to them in the image section of AstroTwister.com?

Honestly... I've never seen pictures so close that were taken from the ground. Really good work!

When I take pictures of the moon I, of course, use a different set of settings to capture the detail of the moon, and then a take other pictures of the same scene to fill in the landscape details and then I photo shop the scene together and it looks more like what your eye sees. I'll have to see if I can dig up an example.

Good work though... I understand the time messing with settings that was spent to capture these shots.
chatrack
Hi,

thanks for sharing those pictures.
Though looking from earth moon look pretty good , the real face is full of deep dry well
formed by falling of wandering objects in space.
adnantar
I too tried to watch your sent link. Would you please check, as I get an error that the shared files no longer exist?

Or a new link perhaps?

Thanks for your reply.
very good!!
errorftp
Very Happy hahah cool!
silverdown
Nice Pictures, Thanks for sharing
hakaner
Can't see pictures (arunshank doesn't have anything available to you.)
Chellesei
hakaner wrote:
Can't see pictures (arunshank doesn't have anything available to you.)

Same here. Confused I really want to see the pictures especially because it's the MOON. >.< Everyone's saying they're good so yeah... I wish I can see it too. Surprised
abhizz
arunshank doesn't have anything available to you???

Dude please make the photo album to public, if that yours Laughing
benjietimogan
Where
chiconguyen
Very cool!
yolandarker
nice if u can upload it here
no like linking
benjietimogan
awesome
romanmac
great photo bro !!!

look at this
http://www.airliners.net/photo/2167222/L/
codersfriend
cool how do you set up your camera on your telescope?
quatre044
WOW so amazing!! Razz
zaxacongrejo
hello Sad the link is broken
does any one know the seti program ? good place for interested people at the universe
they also have or had not sure an examination progect of real picks about the moon
kind of cards with lots of tiny picks from the moon original taken by nasa bots

Quote:
SETI

At the core of our explorations is the quest to know if life exists beyond Earth. The Planetary Society is a leader in the search for life on other worlds, whether intelligent or microbial. Our active projects: SETI Optical Telescope - Looking for laser signals beamed across the vastness of space. SETI Radio Searches - Huge radio dishes sift through nature's random noise for beacons from other civilizations.

at http://www.planetary.org/explore/projects/seti/
grofet
i got this messege "arunshank doesn't have anything available to you."
it must be deleted
chrisdriscoll
grofet wrote:
i got this messege "arunshank doesn't have anything available to you."
it must be deleted

Same here.

I'd also be interested to hear more specifics on how the photos were taken.
yagnyavalkya
Sorry the link is not available here is the flikr link
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76122336@N06/
i will post on the specifics on how the photos were taken
There is another photos on flikr which is the superposition of the sattilite image of the Russian meteor on google map
yagnyavalkya
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Really fun! Do you have a problem with my linking to them in the image section of AstroTwister.com?

Honestly... I've never seen pictures so close that were taken from the ground. Really good work!

When I take pictures of the moon I, of course, use a different set of settings to capture the detail of the moon, and then a take other pictures of the same scene to fill in the landscape details and then I photo shop the scene together and it looks more like what your eye sees. I'll have to see if I can dig up an example.

Good work though... I understand the time messing with settings that was spent to capture these shots.

Thanks
Please do link them on AstroTwister
yagnyavalkya
adnantar wrote:
I too tried to watch your sent link. Would you please check, as I get an error that the shared files no longer exist?

Or a new link perhaps?

Thanks for your reply.

Updated link with more photos
Sorry the link is not available here is the flikr link
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76122336@N06/
i will post on the specifics on how the photos were taken
Thanks
wellerchap
I never realised just how big some of those craters were.....Capernicus 93kn wide Shocked ...that's pretty big....I'm glad I wasn't underneath the thing that hit it to make that (if it was indeed made by debris hitting the moon?)
fuzzkaizer
thanks for sharing your fotos, i really do like them, to have a short imaginary walk on the surface of the moon. also the short clip of the moon passing is quite fantastic, like sort of a science fiction, but this time it is true...
grofet
Moon is a beautiful object created by god. Moon is very useful for human as basic system of lunar calendar (12 months is 1 year).
mukesh
nice photos well explain thx for sharing.
StormEngineCo
These are great pictures! Thanks for posting.
limpands
Really cool, how did you take photos of it?
LxGoodies
limpands wrote:
Really cool, how did you take photos of it?

He did it with a telescope.. b.t.w. I had to click "older" on the page to see them now. Great pictures !

And I like the last one too.. the Tsjernobinsk impact.. interesting to see that asteroid strike from such a great height..