FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

March 11 - In memory of the victims

Pomelete
Wikipedia wrote:
The Madrid train bombings were nearly simultaneous, coordinated bombings against the Cercanías (commuter train) system of Madrid, Spain on the morning of 11 March 2004 – three days before Spain's general elections. The explosions killed 191 people and wounded 1,800. The official investigation by the Spanish Judiciary determined the attacks were directed by an al-Qaeda-inspired terrorist cell, although no direct al-Qaeda participation (only "inspiration") has been established. Though they had no role in the planning or implementation, the Spanish miners who sold the explosives to the terrorists were also arrested.

This terrorist attack is considered like the worst terrorist attack in the history of Spain and Europe.

Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Madrid_train_bombings

[Moderator - I have added the correct quote tags and citation. Please be aware that I normally delete postings that do not do this - on this occasion I have taken the time to correct the posting so that it acts as a reminder to posters that they must NOT include material from other sites/sources UNLESS it is enclosed in quote tags and properly cited (ie give the source, as I have here. I appreciate that the poster has, at least, included a link to the source material, which is why I have not issued a warning, but please note that the address of the source should be clear, rather than hiding it beneath a [url="xxx.yyy.com] tag.
Bikerman]

If you want to read more, click here.

Regards,