FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dream Vacation?

evilryu530
What's your dream vacation?

where?
how many days?
with whom?
incidentals?
what would you do there?

My dream vacation right now is to goto the cayman islands for 14 days (anything longer and I"ll be coming a slouch)
with my son and my wife
maybe a convertible car, nice hut beach quarters to sleep
and snorkle, swim and enjoy the weather.
Utopia GFR
I believe my "dream vacation" would be off the beaten track.

I mainly use the Couchsurfing network (http://www.couchsurfing.org/ increasing worldwide popularity) to do so.

I get very close to local culture, don't have any schedule and get to discover amazing places I would have probably never heard of if I travelled using travel agencies.

I also spare as much cash as I can because I don't see the point in wasting money for luxury goods or expensive hotels.

I currently travel around Europe focusing for the moment on various cities in France, usually about 1 month every year

I travel alone since I have no family obligation.

As for the incidentals, I have quite some stories to tell but every trip you make always entails risks.

I always make sure to be in the best spot I can to avoid all of that and I always ask information to locals before departure and of course when I'm there Smile

evilryu530 wrote:

where?
how many days?
with whom?
incidentals?
what would you do there?

My dream vacation right now is to goto the cayman islands for 14 days (anything longer and I"ll be coming a slouch)
with my son and my wife
deanhills
Somewhere on a beach. White sand and turquoise water. Cool
Vanilla
This placed is called "Lençóis Maranhenses" and it is a desert-like landscape with all these dunes and natural pools created by the rain. When I got rich, I really wanna visit this place first because it's the nearest. Very Happy

But my REALLY dream vacation is Soqotra.

I'm in love with Soqotra since I saw a journalist talking about it. It got all these alien-like trees and breathtaking beaches.

deanhills
Wow, these are stunning landscapes Vanilla. Would love to visit Lençóis Maranhenses.

Have you visited Socotra? Looks as though it is an island in the Indian Ocean near Yemen? Wonder whether it is open for tourism? Looks pretty much off the tourist map?
standready
@Vanilla: Looks nice!
My dream vacation would be to visit some of the people I have met in various online forums.
airh3ad
This great questions :
where: Bali Indonesia, Europe
how many days depends on the time my itinerary or probably 25 days in bali 2 months in Europe
with whom: alone, i rather be alone
incidentals? depends on
what would you do there: in Bali surfing, party, biking around the city, Europe catch some girls tour around Vatican, italy, vinice etc.
Vanilla
deanhills wrote:
Have you visited Socotra? Looks as though it is an island in the Indian Ocean near Yemen? Wonder whether it is open for tourism? Looks pretty much off the tourist map?

No, unfortunately I haven't... But I'll visit it someday. Very Happy

You're right, it's an island near the coast of Yemen, and it's open for tourism. The thing is the language can be a huge barrier (since the place has been isolated for centuries). Not that I care so much. Very Happy You can go to Soqotra by ship or by plane (daily flights woohoo!). Ship trips take normally 2 to 3 days (from Yemen coast).

Oh, forgot to mention... This is my dream vacation too. El salar de Uyuni. It's in Bolivia, but it's too dangerous to go to Bolivia at a time like this. Beautiful place, modest accomodations, lots of adventure in a jeep. My kind of fun. Very Happy

Navigator
1 month off to complete all the projects I have half baked.
Tuvitor
Yeah, I'd like to go on a road trip some time across ... well most of the US, and then fly across the pond and do the same in Europe. Just a pipe dream, really... but one of these days perhaps when my fortune is better.
anoopsh00
My dream vacation is for Switzerland with my best friend and time duration is around one month.
johans
What's your dream vacation? --- Peaceful beach (Palawan, Philippines is considered)

where? -- Philippines
how many days? - 3 days is enough; if exceeds in 3 days that will be bored. I need to monitor my business (On-line)
with whom? - with my SON -- :Live Luxurious for 3 days that's satisfying
incidentals? --????

what would you do there? -- fresh air, relaxation, eating, swimming.[u][/u]
Crockett024
My dream vacation would be a hunting trip in Alaska, hunting moose for 2 weeks. I would go alone or with a guide/friends.
B2tking
For me there's only one place ... DISNEY WORLD! Call me childish but I never want to grow up Very Happy
hunnyhiteshseth
evilryu530 wrote:

where?
how many days?
with whom?
incidentals?
what would you do there?

with my son and my wife

My dream vacation would be near some beach for a month traveling alone. And it won't be tiring and I would only relax there and not do anything!
fuzzkaizer
wow! this soqotra shurely looks like a dream vacation spot for me, too!
jackbreat
My vacation place is Orange Beach Alabama.
For 10 days,
with my family.
where we fun more.
jajarvin
What's your dream vacation? ===> Far away from big cities

Where? ===> In a cottage in the middle of nowhere
How many days? ===> 3 months
What would you do there? ===> Just relaxing
standready
Right now my dream vacation would be to another planet in another galaxy in another universe. Think that would get me far enough away some certain people? Probably not!
mikeperhem1
My 15 days Dream vacation is New York. I am Very excited to see this place.I want to go there with my family and collect lot of memories .
deanhills
standready wrote:
Right now my dream vacation would be to another planet in another galaxy in another universe. Think that would get me far enough away some certain people? Probably not!
I've done that Stand. Doesn't work, as the strange part is that all their quirks just have a way of manifesting themselves in other people just like them all over the world. You never get away from them.
standready
deanhills wrote:
I've done that Stand.

Great! Let me borrow your ship or transporter or whatever got you there and I'm off!!
dude_xyx
Bora Bora island !!! I just want to be there relaxing doing nothing! without mobiles or internet. I think one week there would be more than enough.

Few photos from Google,

deanhills
Reminds me of a book about Bora Bora by James Michener I'd forgotten I'd read. Bora Bora looks like a good spot to chill out.
grofet
Bora-bora islands is a nice islands. Global warming will makes bora bora islands drowned under the sea. The height of the island is not quite high enough. Maybe several hundred years from now there will be no more bora bora islands. My country also wiil be loosing hundreds of island in the future because of global warming.
chasbeen
Mine was in Southern France in an ancient cottage. There was a windmill that still had mid 18th century shoes discarded by the millers because they wore out. Cottage had a swimming pool and was in an area so remote that you only heard bird song...
dude_xyx
chasbeen wrote:
Mine was in Southern France in an ancient cottage. There was a windmill that still had mid 18th century shoes discarded by the millers because they wore out. Cottage had a swimming pool and was in an area so remote that you only heard bird song...

France has many nice places which are great for anyone who enjoy country side vacations. No wonder they receive 20 million tourists every year!
playfungames
My dream vacation would be a Euro tour. Visit places like Deutschland, Netherland, France and Italy. Ahh, only if it would happen for sure in this lifetime. I can only dream now.
Pippo90
evilryu530 wrote:
where?
how many days?
with whom?
incidentals?
what would you do there?

Where? World tour.
how many days? One year.
with whom? Alone.
incidentals? I would really love to have a super-comfortable travel.
what would you do there? See and experience everything, always in first class. Laughing
jackbreat
My dream vacation place is Florida for 15 days with my family. I have so much excited to go there. And I have so many plans to do there. There are so many swimming pools are available. I plan to swim and enjoy the weather.
spinout
My dream vacation is in the US but not in Florida. Hm, I can be all over the place but not florida.
In Europe well Madeira is a good place. If you like wine.
steeve
I want to go to visit Niagara Fall with my beloved and family. Its my dream wish.