FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Website Issues

GuidanceReader
I have a website hosted on server 4.

If you go to look at the website (which has been working before this time) I get an error:

Quote:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@readingsbycaroline.net to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2 Server at readingsbycaroline.net Port 80

If I try to go to my control panel (direct admin) via the links on my account from here I get:

Quote:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request
www.readingsbycaroline.frihost.org

Quote:
Oops! Google Chrome could not find cp.frihost.org
Suggestions:
Go to frihost.­org
Search on Google:

and
Quote:
Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 184.95.62.146:2222
Suggestions:
Try reloading: 184.­95.­62.­146:­2222
Search on Google:

If I use my direct bookmark to the direct admin, I can access my stuff and view changes/pages directly from there.

Can anyone please help me understand what is going on and whether there is something I need to be doing?

Regards
Caroline
tdossi
Look at some here.
Maybe it helps.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-116564.html
Bondings
For the control panel, please try to login on http://176.9.110.136:2222/ . We just moved to a new server.

About your website, I'm checking out what is causing the problem. It's most likely due to the password protected directory.
Bondings
The .htaccess file in your public_html directory was causing a problem. I have renamed it to .htaccess.removed and now your website seems to be loading fine. It contained (part of) the directives to password protect the directory but as it was not complete is caused this error. I assume you didn't want to password protect that directory (only another one inside) so these directives are not needed.
GuidanceReader
Bondings wrote:
The .htaccess file in your public_html directory was causing a problem. I have renamed it to .htaccess.removed and now your website seems to be loading fine. It contained (part of) the directives to password protect the directory but as it was not complete is caused this error. I assume you didn't want to password protect that directory (only another one inside) so these directives are not needed.

I didn't even realise that I had done that, so thank you... So can I delete that directory? I am still learning and not even sure how it got there.
Bondings
GuidanceReader wrote:
Bondings wrote:

I didn't even realise that I had done that, so thank you... So can I delete that directory? I am still learning and not even sure how it got there.

If you mean the .htaccess.removed file, yes you may remove it.

If you mean the "readings" directory, if you want it gone, then yes you may remove it.