FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

General Chat Forum

deanhills
Not sure where to post this but looks as though the General Chat Forum is in need of some Mod attention. I get the feeling that the Mods are only dealing with reports and there should at least be a Mod checking on some of the topics/posts that have been created/made. For example, there are topics in there that belong in other Sub-Forums.
rjraaz
deanhills wrote:
Not sure where to post this but looks as though the General Chat Forum is in need of some Mod attention. I get the feeling that the Mods are only dealing with reports and there should at least be a Mod checking on some of the topics/posts that have been created/made. For example, there are topics in there that belong in other Sub-Forums.

Not only General Chat Forum, i found such type of topics/posts in Suggestions Forum as well those are not seems like a suggestion but are as Frihost Support topic/post.
Ankhanu
I tend to report these misplaced threads as "Mistakes", and explain that they're in the wrong forum in the comment. I tend to ignore it in the non-science forums, however.
Ghost Rider103
Even the report list is backed up quite a ways. I'll attempt to sweep through as much as I can.

edit: a quick note: all reports do get handled at one point or another. However just because you report something doesn't mean we will do something about it. Sometimes, quite often actually, I see things getting reported that don't make sense or generally shouldn't have been reported in the first place.

Not to discourage anyone to report things they see wrong, just pointing out that the staff might have a different view than you and the reported post/thread may or may not have been in violation of any of the forum rules.

Just a reminder. Very Happy
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Even the report list is backed up quite a ways. I'll attempt to sweep through as much as I can.

edit: a quick note: all reports do get handled at one point or another. However just because you report something doesn't mean we will do something about it. Sometimes, quite often actually, I see things getting reported that don't make sense or generally shouldn't have been reported in the first place.

Not to discourage anyone to report things they see wrong, just pointing out that the staff might have a different view than you and the reported post/thread may or may not have been in violation of any of the forum rules.

Just a reminder. Very Happy
Thanks GhostRider. Can imagine you must have had plenty of reports to work through. Thanks for all of the hard work.

You wouldn't believe it. Someone has just posted five new movie threads in General Chat (after this post). Maybe he saw "movie" in one of the other threads in the General Chat Forum and thought to go for it while the going was good ...... would have been nice if a Moderator could have been around to move those threads pronto. Some of those new movie threads in the General Chat Forum also look like duplicates of existing ones in the Movie Sub-Forum.

On the other hand this reminds me of what Blaster suggested a few weeks ago about merging some of the Forums. Sort of have a really nice mixed lucky packet under the General Chat heading. Smile
Ankhanu
deanhills wrote:
You wouldn't believe it. Someone has just posted five new movie threads in General Chat (after this post). Maybe he saw "movie" in one of the other threads in the General Chat Forum and thought to go for it while the going was good ...... would have been nice if a Moderator could have been around to move those threads pronto. Some of those new movie threads in the General Chat Forum also look like duplicates of existing ones in the Movie Sub-Forum.

I WOULD believe it... and I think you're trying to draw links that don't exist between existing threads and, well, spam content. That dude was a spammer, those threads could have gone anywhere. Genuine content posters and spam posting are not on par.
deanhills
Ankhanu wrote:

I WOULD believe it... and I think you're trying to draw links that don't exist between existing threads and, well, spam content. That dude was a spammer, those threads could have gone anywhere. Genuine content posters and spam posting are not on par.
You can check the General Chat Forum yourself for non-spam threads that belong in other forums. The remark about believing was made in jest to GhostRider, whom I sure would have understood what I meant.
Ankhanu
My mistake, I thought you were referring to the four posts by Fanaticzoom.
Ghost Rider103
I had cleared out the entire list of reports yesterday. The posts must have came after I finished and logged off.

As for threads in the general chat that don't belong there, I also went through probably 15+ threads and moved them to their correct locations. A lot of threads got moved to "Websites" and "Hardware & Electronics."

I don't comment on all the threads I move, only some. I also don't always leave a shadow topic. Only on the ones I think it's necessary (which isn't many, if any).

edit: and oh, I did remove the spam posts from that user and he is now banned. Yesterday after I cleared the reports I logged off for the day.

The General Chat forum is pretty much clean of threads that don't belong there. There could be one or two left, but when I move one thread, a new thread from the second page comes to the first. So I could be there a long time by myself if I kept going, so I'm going to leave it at that until new threads start popping in.
deanhills
Thanks GhostRider. Cool
Ghost Rider103
No problem, I'll try to keep up with it.

Don't see a reason to keep this open.

-close-