FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Music Festival

The_unnamed_label
Hey guys!!!

Just wondering what you would expect from a small music festival... what would you wanna find there (merchandising, services etc)... let me know!
pll
If you organize a small music festival (as a fan of big music festivals) I'd suggest you some stuff :

1st - Just make sure there is enough place for the attendance where you make it. (even if the people are sitted just make sure there is enough space)"
2nd - Make sure there are enough toilets too (especially if it's outside, and make sure it's easy to get there, I mean you don't have to walk 10 miles to get there). No matter which kind of show, during a 3 hours show some people will want to go to the bathroom
3rd - Don't forget the security (especially if this is a rock - metal festival), just make sure that there is first aid people ready somewhere.
4th - Don't forget variety. (Well it depends on the kind of concert but for example if it's rock don't forget that there is various styles of rock)

Then for the music stuff, I'd suggest, if you are small, to start slowly with little music groups. But always have one bigger music band, so people & the media can talk about your festival.

Then year after year get bigger and bigger. Start with only 1 big name per year and then as your budget grows, invite better bands well known ones.

With this I think your festival could become successful.
It took about 10 years for the Festival D'été De Québec to become real big. At the beginning there were only little shows and people in the streets of the city. And then they came with people like Nickelback. After it was the big names (the 5 last years) :
-Twisted Sister
-ZZTop
-Van Halen
-Stone Temple Pilots
-Metallica
-LMFAO (this year, in July)
-Styx
-Black Eyed Peas
-Rammstein
-Linkin park
-Sean Paul

If you want I'm sure you would be able to make it like them.

IF you want more info : www.infofestival.com

Good luck!
The_unnamed_label
pll wrote:
If you organize a small music festival (as a fan of big music festivals) I'd suggest you some stuff :

1st - Just make sure there is enough place for the attendance where you make it. (even if the people are sitted just make sure there is enough space)"
2nd - Make sure there are enough toilets too (especially if it's outside, and make sure it's easy to get there, I mean you don't have to walk 10 miles to get there). No matter which kind of show, during a 3 hours show some people will want to go to the bathroom
3rd - Don't forget the security (especially if this is a rock - metal festival), just make sure that there is first aid people ready somewhere.
4th - Don't forget variety. (Well it depends on the kind of concert but for example if it's rock don't forget that there is various styles of rock)

Then for the music stuff, I'd suggest, if you are small, to start slowly with little music groups. But always have one bigger music band, so people & the media can talk about your festival.

Then year after year get bigger and bigger. Start with only 1 big name per year and then as your budget grows, invite better bands well known ones.

With this I think your festival could become successful.
It took about 10 years for the Festival D'été De Québec to become real big. At the beginning there were only little shows and people in the streets of the city. And then they came with people like Nickelback. After it was the big names (the 5 last years) :
-Twisted Sister
-ZZTop
-Van Halen
-Stone Temple Pilots
-Metallica
-LMFAO (this year, in July)
-Styx
-Black Eyed Peas
-Rammstein
-Linkin park
-Sean Paul

If you want I'm sure you would be able to make it like them.

IF you want more info : www.infofestival.com

Good luck!

Hey!!! thanks very much for your long reply.... I really appreciate it!

will check the website too anytime soon...

do you know any sponsors website for this kind things by any luck??
Laro696
Safe parking and clean toilets is a MUST.
Good sound, security and the most important, a good vibe!