FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What does you the most damage as a person?

spinout
I saw the thread about men and their biggest joys in life....

Then someone wrote about the 3 most disjoys in life...

But what would cause you the most damage in life?

That is actually a hard question to me.

Is it that if someone that I love is in pain or is it when I not can express myself, or sending someone love? Or is it when your pet dies??? (pets are always involved with human feelings)

What is it for you?

For myself it must be to not express myself...
kenxeiko
1. When see a girl that i love looking at other guy and smile to that guy. It makes me thinking that i have no chance with her.

2. When my pets die. Yes, this one irritate my feeling too. It makes me thinking that i have no ability to protect peds.

//EDIT:
I can give further explanation about what i just said above. But i think it's enough.
Stupid_American
When I find myself unable to help those who need my help.

I am a paramedic, and every time I see news about some tragedy in some part of the world, I wonder how many more people could be saved if I was there instead of here, and it hurts. That's why I'm getting out of this business, actually.
spinout
Hm to what business are you going to instead?
loremar
Stupid_American wrote:

I am a paramedic, and every time I see news about some tragedy in some part of the world, I wonder how many more people could be saved if I was there instead of here, and it hurts. That's why I'm getting out of this business, actually.

But that should actually give you more motivation for your work. What if you were actually there? You could help the person. If you are now getting out from the business, then you would never be there to help a person in need. Yes, you can't help everyone but if you stay, you can make at least one less innocent victim than if you were to turn your back now. I think your decision to turn away actually somehow betrays the real you. You should give it a second thought I think.
kenxeiko
Stupid_American wrote:

And is that the reason of you tu use that name? Stupid_American?
Marcuzzo
kenxeiko wrote:
Stupid_American wrote:

I was thinking the exact same thing.

if you ask :
spinout wrote:

Then I would say a bullet in the head Wink

but for me the things in life that would break my hart and pull it out is the loss of a beloved one ( person, pet, ect...)
neverltheless I'll get over it after a while.
kenxeiko
Marcuzzo wrote:
spinout wrote:

Then I would say a bullet in the head Wink

Hey, i think u were right, it was the most damage in life for sure. lol Razz
deanhills
Marcuzzo wrote:
but for me the things in life that would break my hart and pull it out is the loss of a beloved one ( person, pet, ect...)
True, this would be right at the top of my list too. And I agree with you, one eventually gets over it too. Think what also would get me if I were ever disabled, lose my sight or my hearing. Just imagine not being able to listen to music or see all the beautiful things that are to be appreciated. Or being able to touch someone. Because one has some or other serious disease.
spinout
The loss of a beloved one is not the worst for me. To not have the opportunity to express myself is much much more damaging to me.
Marcuzzo
spinout wrote:
The loss of a beloved one is not the worst for me. To not have the opportunity to express myself is much much more damaging to me.

I think it is unthinkable in today's world that one could not express themselves.
Even if you live in a country where freedom of speech is limited, you can always migrate/request political asylum, ect... but most people stay because they don't want to leave their family or fear that bad things might happen to them because they left the country. which falls under loss of a loved one.
Losing a mother, father, sister, or children is something that would destroy anyone.
IMO if it doesn't destroy you then you can't really say that you loved them/him/her to begin with.
deanhills
Marcuzzo wrote:
spinout wrote:

I think it is unthinkable in today's world that one could not express themselves.
This limitation could be deeply personal, particularly in people who have been abused as children. They may have been so much suppressed, that what seems to be easy for us in standing up and making our contribution, would be like climbing the proverbial mount Everest for them. They could also be from societies where they have been suppressed to the extent that they believe they do not deserve to express themselves. Like in culturally disadvantaged countries where women are suppressed or are not allowed to attend school. I'd think the key to healthy self expression starts with the mother, and if she does not have a healthy self image, has little or no education or believes in all kinds of taboos, there is a good chance of that being passed down for generations to come.
GuidanceReader
To lose one of my children would be pretty much up there. If I were to lose both of them, then I would want to die myself.
Stupid_American
spinout wrote:

Thinking about opening a pub. I will probably end up teaching EMT courses, for the steady income and because I do actually like the job.
Stupid_American
loremar wrote:
Stupid_American wrote:

But that should actually give you more motivation for your work. What if you were actually there? You could help the person. If you are now getting out from the business, then you would never be there to help a person in need. Yes, you can't help everyone but if you stay, you can make at least one less innocent victim than if you were to turn your back now. I think your decision to turn away actually somehow betrays the real you. You should give it a second thought I think.

I understand what you are saying, and I am still thinking heavily on it. I won't leave it altogether, but some things have happened in the last couple years which have left me a little disheartened. I might train other medics or something along those lines. I just think I have ran my course of usefulness in the field, for the most part. It's hard to explain, but this job really just wears me out, emotionally. And now that I'm getting older, it's getting more difficult to just shrug it all off.
Stupid_American
kenxeiko wrote:
Stupid_American wrote:

I'm not sure I understand your question. But I will try to explain why I chose this name.
My job is here in America, but I periodically get to travel to other parts of the world to work as a medic. Sometimes in places just like home, sometimes in the third world, and sometimes in war zones. No matter where I go, when people find out I am American, there is a momentary reaction of "Oh... you're American...".

It's not usually a rude reaction. A Dutch friend of mine, who I worked with, put it this way:
He said, being an American in a foreign country is like being a teenager who got invited to an adult party. The teenager is going to get teased a bit for being out of his element. He might act silly, drink a little too much, brag a little too much to try and fit in, and ultimately might even be the life of the party because of his antics. Sure, he may not speak 4 languages like the adults, but his youthful vigor will be appreciated, though he will have a penis drawn on his forehead after he passes out(this did not happen to me).

So I wrote "Stupid American" underneath my name on one of my uniform shirts. It got a good laugh, and sort of stuck. The name here on Frihost is 'tongue in cheek'. It's not meant to offend or anything, just a bit of a self deprecating joke.
deanhills
Stupid_American wrote:
spinout wrote:

Thinking about opening a pub.
Ha! That sounds just the right ticket to me. I remember I saw a really good one in Tucson a number of years ago when we had been travelling through. I think the pub was called Murphy's Pub or something Irish. What was great was all of the decorations inside the pub. As well as fantastic tall ceiling and open space. They also served mexican type meals there that really went well with the pub too.
busaboss
The most damaging would would be to be disgraced in front of many people. Anyone would most likely be hurt physically throughout their whole life but it is better of than having your honor burned down by people who insults you even though they don't even a single fact about you.
Stupid_American
deanhills wrote:
Stupid_American wrote:
spinout wrote:

Thinking about opening a pub.
Ha! That sounds just the right ticket to me. I remember I saw a really good one in Tucson a number of years ago when we had been travelling through. I think the pub was called Murphy's Pub or something Irish. What was great was all of the decorations inside the pub. As well as fantastic tall ceiling and open space. They also served mexican type meals there that really went well with the pub too.

Tucson is a great place. I don't think I've been to that pub, but there's a really good one in Charleston called the "Madra Rua", which means "Red Dog" in Gaelic. It's small, cozy, and they do an awesome Sunday corned beef and cabbage brunch.

Mexican food is really great pub food as well. It's actually strange that I should read this post today, because last night I had a dream that I was in a Mexican/Irish pub called "Mexican Red". The Irish Stew/Menudo was really awesome, and I think I might try to recreate it.
deanhills
Stupid_American wrote:
Mexican food is really great pub food as well. It's actually strange that I should read this post today, because last night I had a dream that I was in a Mexican/Irish pub called "Mexican Red". The Irish Stew/Menudo was really awesome, and I think I might try to recreate it.
Must be that ghost thing again ... Laughing
Stupid_American
deanhills wrote:
Stupid_American wrote:
Must be that ghost thing again ... Laughing

I don't know man...
There's an old saying amongst soldiers that goes "there's no atheists in foxholes". Basically, it means that when faced with death, almost everybody at least attempts to find solace in something beyond this world. I won't try to steer this thread into the P&H section, and I don't actually believe in any of that ghost stuff, but it seems like the older I get, the more my physical being seems to yearn for it. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I got some fresh tripe from the Mexiacan meat market today, some hominy, already had some really kickin chorizzo, and decided to make what I now call the O'Menudo. Or maybe McMenudo. Because I'm racist. Whatever.

My mom was my test subject. She's lived in Arizona and has a grasp on what menudo is, though she doesn't like it. I added lamb shamk and kale, and told her it was my "southwestern twist" on Irish stew. She tore it up. This is so getting added to my fake restaurant menu. Oh, so speaking of, I have some lame ideas for my pub. I may start a new thread with this one. But I'll begin here.

There's a term I came across, and it's semi-derogatory. Sort of along the same lines as the word "redneck". If you live in the South, you probably know people who are proud to be called "rednecks", but the term can be used as a slur. So I heard this word, "Bogtrotter", which to me is just a really cool word. I apologize to any Irish folk if it offends, but I looked it up to see how many people have used the word in their business, and there's like a club DJ, and plenty of others using it, who are all Irish. So it can't be that bad.

So here's my idea. Keep in mind, this is just the rough beginnings, and will likely change.

Oh, and the Irish pub thing... I also recently found out I'm adopted. So yeah, I'm not actually of Irish blood. I was just raised by people of Irish blood. So much stuff makes so much more sense now...
deanhills
That is a kickass idea SA! Even the art work is spot on exactly as it is. That dish of yours sounds VERY interesting. Maybe you could present it as Bogtrotters Stew! Your signature pub lunch dish.
Rajat_Pawar
1. When I saw my awesome crush "In a relationship" on facebook..breaks down a person, that.
2. When someone close to you betrays you.
3. When some awesome website shuts down. [R.I.P megaupload]
Stupid_American
deanhills wrote:
That is a kickass idea SA! Even the art work is spot on exactly as it is. That dish of yours sounds VERY interesting. Maybe you could present it as Bogtrotters Stew! Your signature pub lunch dish.
Admittedly, I stole the art of the guy in the picture, so I would have to come up with something of my own. I originally had a hunter with a shotgun over his shoulder to give the impression of country farms, etc., But someone clued me into the fact that a guy with a gun on my sign may give the wrong impression.
deanhills
Stupid_American wrote:
But someone clued me into the fact that a guy with a gun on my sign may give the wrong impression.
Agreed. Shocked Very Happy I still like the one you "borrowed". Maybe you could just develop it a little to make it your own. The silhouette art work is particularly great.
Stupid_American
deanhills wrote:
Stupid_American wrote:
But someone clued me into the fact that a guy with a gun on my sign may give the wrong impression.
Agreed. Shocked Very Happy I still like the one you "borrowed". Maybe you could just develop it a little to make it your own. The silhouette art work is particularly great.

I have a fascination with silhouettes. I have been working on another design, basically a unique version of that one.
spinout
Rajat_Pawar wrote:
1. When I saw my awesome crush "In a relationship" on facebook..breaks down a person, that.
2. When someone close to you betrays you.
3. When some awesome website shuts down. [R.I.P megaupload]

ouch! 1. you could not express yourself!
2 and 3 well not so tough on me...
deanhills
Stupid_American wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Stupid_American wrote:

I have a fascination with silhouettes. I have been working on another design, basically a unique version of that one.
Look forward to seeing that, but I guess that will probably only be unveiled on the day you open your pub. Twisted Evil
xikaouj
I had to do something to someone, almost kill him!
Vanilla
1) I hate when I'm in a situation where I'm forced to be a bad person. Usually I am soft-hearted and I can't be bad for a long time, but sometimes I need to be.
2) When I need to sacrifice an animal. This really breaks my heart because as a vet I want to make them live as much as they can. Last time I was called to put a cow to sleep I didn't say a word, but my eyes were full of tears.
3) When I fall in love. Things tend to end up in a very ugly way. Paraphrasing Rumpelstiltskin: Love makes us sick, haunts our dreams, destroys our days. Love has killed more than any disease.
kenxeiko
When i just noticed that I hurt my friends feeling. On my experiences, my other friends just gonna hate me also.
Can't say anything about it, because I already did it.
I can't change the past Confused