FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

have you purchase yahoo domain.

johans
Hello to all,
I have purchase a yahoo domain name because they have offer for $1.99 for the first year and $34.99 for the second year the price is good but the support is very SLOW and guess what no phone number or no phone support for my country only selected areas.. this is crazy if you are in the most important project.. waiting is not an option.

I was expecting yahoo can enter act and assist customers well because they are big companies but in reality no support. if i should know i should purchase it to google.
standready
$1.99 for the first year is a teaser to try to get you hooked but $34.99 for the second year is just plain robbery. Many other choices out there that are less than $15 a year with reduced price for each year.
andro_king
can't you transfer ur domain to any reliable hosting..? leave yahoo if n
johans
which do you think is realable and affordable?
Ankhanu
I've used GoDaddy for the past several years; it's at ~$10/yr. I've had no complaints about service.

You'd be stupid to pay $35/yr for a domain name.
ujjwalshrestha
I didn't know that yahoo also provide domain name. The bad service - is it cause or effect of its declining reputation. Most great company pull itself off from bad patches - eg. apple, IBM. But yahoo seems to falling and just looking for someone to rescue it.
mukesh
I am aslo suppoted GoDaddy. Really welldone facility i have no knowledge about yahoo. But I think that GoDaddy is must be better then Yahoo.
Cosmoslayer
Namecheap for me! I think it's the best and I've been using it for years now and bought almost 3 sites. Smile
johans
based on experience yahoo is not good for domain services... For those have plan to purchase domain do not chose yahoo.. the services is very ssssllllllooooowwww.... until now may domain is not active...
chatrack
Hi,

I also like to know about yahoo domain. Is the price same after 1 year ?
andro_king
reliable hosting is provided by godaddy..have seen good comments about godaddy from most of its users.. you could have used google instead of yahoo..
johans
based on real experience guys yahoo is not good.. if i can revert it back i should choose other provider and not yahoo because the technical support is lousy. I made many complaints and open many tickets but i just received only 3 feedback which is not real technical support he just email me to clear the cache.. lol. as a developer we always clear our cache when we develop.

Again do not get a domain or buy a domain at yahoo.