FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


What makes men happy?





chasbeen
A fulfilling job that also pays well
A feeling of independence
An ability to do what ever he wants when ever he wants

Go on your go
What 3 things makes men happy?
ocalhoun
1: Sex
2: Violence
3: Ponies
airh3ad
Family
Sex
Friends.

if you have family you will be happy for sure.
deanhills
Think I'm more with chasbeen. All the other things are important and goes without saying, but I'd put my freedom and independence first, ability to express myself in my work with some value attached to it in the form of income or a salary, having fun and lots of laughter with friends and family.
loremar
ocalhoun wrote:
1: Sex
2: Violence
3: Ponies

Sex, violence, and ..... ponies?

Sounds like your typical pedophile. hahaha. *joke* Razz
spinout
What, ponies in not pedophilia - it is animal sex!
ujjwalshrestha
I think we will be happy when we are able to do what you want to do.

Ability is the key. Ability to make money to buy nice car, ability to woo pretty girl, ability to impress people. So if you are able you will be happy.
loremar
spinout wrote:
What, ponies in not pedophilia - it is animal sex!

With cute little ponies - that's definitely pedophilia and zoophilia.
Let's stop this before Ocalhoun gets furious. Anxious
deanhills
loremar wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
1: Sex
2: Violence
3: Ponies

Sex, violence, and ..... ponies?

Sounds like your typical pedophile. hahaha. *joke* Razz
Haha .... l

..... did some searches and came across this personality test for bronies:
http://www.bronyland.com/pony-personality-test/
loremar
deanhills wrote:
loremar wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
1: Sex
2: Violence
3: Ponies

Sex, violence, and ..... ponies?

Sounds like your typical pedophile. hahaha. *joke* Razz
Haha .... l

..... did some searches and came across this personality test for bronies:
http://www.bronyland.com/pony-personality-test/

Took the brony test.
http://www.bronyland.com/pony-personality-test/?q=MTAxMnwyMzYwNDE
I'll watch My Little Pony tonight and see what's Twilight Sparkle like. As an Anime lover like me, watching ponies instead of animes feels very criminal. Confused
deanhills
loremar wrote:

I'll watch My Little Pony tonight and see what's Twilight Sparkle like. As an Anime lover like me, watching ponies instead of animes feels very criminal. Confused
I also came up with Twilight Sparkle, although Rainbow Dash is my favourite character. I've always seen My Magic Pony as anime?
chasbeen
Cannot see any ladies expressing themselves on what makes men happy
Now here's what makes me unhappy
(1)Trailing around for hours watching someone shop
(2)Mother in law
(3)Subtle an almost unseen control leaving you with less free time.
deanhills
chasbeen wrote:
Cannot see any ladies expressing themselves on what makes men happy
Now here's what makes me unhappy
(1)Trailing around for hours watching someone shop
(2)Mother in law
(3)Subtle an almost unseen control leaving you with less free time.
Sounds as though there is a woman lurking in all of the three. So maybe they're very much present in your life? Twisted Evil
chasbeen
Ha ha
Can't live with them but great fun:)
ocalhoun
loremar wrote:

Took the brony test.
http://www.bronyland.com/pony-personality-test/?q=MTAxMnwyMzYwNDE
I'll watch My Little Pony tonight and see what's Twilight Sparkle like. As an Anime lover like me, watching ponies instead of animes feels very criminal. Confused


New brony in 3... 2... 1...
^.^

loremar wrote:
spinout wrote:
What, ponies in not pedophilia - it is animal sex!

With cute little ponies - that's definitely pedophilia and zoophilia.
Let's stop this before Ocalhoun gets furious. Anxious


If you'll notice, I listed ponies and sex separately.

To assume that liking both things separately means that one would like both things together is a textbook example of composition fallacy.
kenxeiko
My opinion that can make us (men) happy:

1. Love (Yeah, you know, someone that can be loved)
*I'm not sure all of you agree with this

2. Sex (Yeah, i think you know)
*Having sex with your lovely girl, well i think most of you agree with this

3. Adventure (I think so, because i like adventure anyway)
*You know, exploring forest, mountain, any secret place.
*It makes me little bit have fun

Well, that's my opinion Rolling Eyes
deanhills
kenxeiko wrote:
My opinion that can make us (men) happy:

1. Love (Yeah, you know, someone that can be loved)
*I'm not sure all of you agree with this

2. Sex (Yeah, i think you know)
*Having sex with your lovely girl, well i think most of you agree with this

3. Adventure (I think so, because i like adventure anyway)
*You know, exploring forest, mountain, any secret place.
*It makes me little bit have fun

Well, that's my opinion Rolling Eyes
Definitely a great opinion kenxeiko. Sounds the nearest to the truth as well. Smile
kenxeiko
deanhills wrote:
kenxeiko wrote:
My opinion that can make us (men) happy:

1. Love (Yeah, you know, someone that can be loved)
*I'm not sure all of you agree with this

2. Sex (Yeah, i think you know)
*Having sex with your lovely girl, well i think most of you agree with this

3. Adventure (I think so, because i like adventure anyway)
*You know, exploring forest, mountain, any secret place.
*It makes me little bit have fun

Well, that's my opinion Rolling Eyes
Definitely a great opinion kenxeiko. Sounds the nearest to the truth as well. Smile


Thanks Very Happy

By the way, i most prefer to number one then others. Embarassed
spinout
1. games in general makes men happy.
2. sex
3. drugs...

hm almost went sex drungs n rocknroll...
kenxeiko
spinout wrote:

3. drugs...


Ye, i'm agree.
But i'm not sure that every guys agree with this. lol Razz
abramlinkens
In a person's life there are many thing which feels him happy. To full-feeling any new intentions is very happy moment for the man. The another thing to the happiness of family which is very important factor to be happy for man. There is something more interesting ways to feel happy. The love in the life makes man happy.
BigGeek
How strange, I sit and thought for a while about the things that make me happy.

Honestly I can't think of anything, life has been such a difficult struggle for so long, there is nothing that I really look forward to anymore. Just an endless string of financial hardships, bills, and tyrants to be dealt with.

I do like watching racing, so that is one of the fun things that I like to do that make me happy.

Happiness is a relative thing, I can be happy doing very little, or just doing little things like fixing my car or truck, getting the yard ready for spring, fixing a customer problem. Sometimes I think that no one is really all that happy, because if they were the world would be a different place.

Maybe one day I'll figure out what happiness really is, but when life is nothing but work and struggle, it becomes hard to find happiness in it.

Three things that make me happy
1) Peace and quiet
2) Achieving my goals
3) Freedom Cool
deanhills
Great post, thanks BigGeek. Nothing as refreshing as someone giving their honest and sincere opinion. Smile
chasbeen
Big Geek good post
It's very "advertising everywhere" in North America. I'm a little disappointed with North America and am flying back to my native land which is not like that to the same degree.
Met some nice people over hear this last 10 years but think I will be a happier man in my old stomping ground!
deanhills
chasbeen wrote:
Big Geek good post
It's very "advertising everywhere" in North America. I'm a little disappointed with North America and am flying back to my native land which is not like that to the same degree.
Met some nice people over hear this last 10 years but think I will be a happier man in my old stomping ground!
I thought you were already in the UK? Or was that a scouting expedition before the big move? Smile
chasbeen
DH Between 10-15% of what you read in blogs is true but it's a little higher in Frihost
Having said that yes! My 4th and final trip to the Uk in 18 months is in April and this time it's one way

Getting back to the topic. This is what is making me happy because I am in control.
At the moment I am doing what I like when ever I want to do it. 24 X 7
Ghost Rider103
Of all things, I cannot believe beer hasn't been listed yet. Sad

I can agree with most things mentioned here.

However one thing that really makes me extremely unhappy, at times maybe even pi**ed off, would have to be those.... ponies... Exclamation
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
However one thing that really makes me extremely unhappy, at times maybe even pi**ed off, would have to be those.... ponies... Exclamation
Especially when they have hijacked one of our Mods .... Crying or Very sad
crystalkey
ocalhoun wrote:
1: Sex
2: Violence
3: Ponies


Ponies???? ROTFL!
ocalhoun
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

However one thing that really makes me extremely unhappy, at times maybe even pi**ed off, would have to be those.... ponies... Exclamation



They piss you off because of the conflict between you wanting to like them, and your self-image preventing you from liking them. ^.^

But there's no need for such conflict. Just open yourself up and let yourself do what you want.
...Because worrying about trying to be mature and manly is pretty much the most childish thing you can do.
loremar
ocalhoun wrote:

They piss you off because of the conflict between you wanting to like them, and your self-image preventing you from liking them. ^.^

But there's no need for such conflict. Just open yourself up and let yourself do what you want.
...Because worrying about trying to be mature and manly is pretty much the most childish thing you can do.

Being unmanly isn't a problem. I know some guys who still watch Dora The Explorer.

I'm still not hooked in though. Still too early, finished two episodes so far. It feels awkward watching a girlish cartoon. Wonder if everyone felt the same way. (Ironically for someone who use to watch Starla when I was a kid. Embarassed LOL!)
ocalhoun
loremar wrote:

I'm still not hooked in though. Still too early, finished two episodes so far.

Which two? ^.^
(And if I might make a suggestion, s1e25 and s2e3 are a couple of the best ones!)
Quote:
It feels awkward watching a girlish cartoon. Wonder if everyone felt the same way.

Many have! It's a stage many fans have gone through.
watersoul
I can only comment on what makes me happy:

1 - A perception of freedom and being in control of my own destiny
2 - An awareness that my individual efforts provide the things I need and/or want
3 - The love of family and friends who share my life path while I'm working on achieving 1 & 2

I don't really think there is much of a gender issue either, with men & women finding equally similar influences in their happiness, or not.
I'm quite sure though that my lack of exposure to an animated fictional pony brand has absolutely no influence in my own happiness, although I am happy for anyone else who gains comfort from such things.
Navigator
To follow one's chosen path.
Stupid_American
I'm American. I have one of the longest workweeks in the free world, for the least amount of benefits. I can deal with it. I have debt, I have enemies, I have really crappy days sometimes. All that, I can deal with.

"Me time"
That's what I call it. I don't ask for it often. Just time to not be bothered, not even by those I love the most. God, sometimes I just need time to go 'internal', ya know? It might involve a drive up I-95, or a walk with my headphones on, or time in my garden or working in my woodshop. It's not that I don't love the people I have drawn close to me, but I do need that "me time", and without it, I will go insane, this much I promise.

I don't need three things to make me happy, I just need this one thing, maybe three times a month.
Crockett024
Depends on the Man. Some like cars, hunting, fishing and anything outdoors. Some like video games, computers, and anything technology.
justinesparm
Everybody wants many different things but basically there are three things makes men happy, Independence, money and family. If you have these three things I am sure you have lots of happiness and you feel very comfortable.
90dota
Very Happy girls, dota, money.
Bikerman
Good beer, fast motorbikes, good books. (Not concurrently).
deanhills
Bikerman wrote:
Good beer, fast motorbikes, good books. (Not concurrently).
Right. I was picturing you on a fast motorbike swigging a beer while you are reading a good book. And then I read the not concurrently. Very Happy
johans
spinout wrote:
1. games in general makes men happy.
2. sex
3. drugs...

hm almost went sex drungs n rocknroll...



games???
sex-- good
drugs?????

i guess

1. sex is common
2. Money
3. travel
chasbeen
I just got back from living in North America and must commend "Stupid_American" his post was short (Around the 2-3 points mark) but it was refreshing...

Quote:
"Me time"
That's what I call it. I don't ask for it often. Just time to not be bothered, not even by those I love the most. God, sometimes I just need time to go 'internal', ya know? It might involve a drive up I-95, or a walk with my headphones on, or time in my garden or working in my woodshop. It's not that I don't love the people I have drawn close to me, but I do need that "me time", and without it, I will go insane, this much I promise.

I don't need three things to make me happy, I just need this one thing, maybe three times a month.


And absolutely true, does not matter where your from!
SinoVax
happy to be free.
johans
many definitions of happy... but as long as you are contented then i guess we are happy..
sudipbanerjee
for me:
satisfied job
peace in family
Syryus
If it would be only for "what makes men happy" I'd write "sex" and it would be a good answer.
But since we're taking this personally, I'm happy with:
-watching my favorite TV shows
-succeeding in coding things
-giving a good performance when i'm singing
-having a gf that understands me
-making my house,my room,my pc, etc look better
oh, and
-sex
spinout
War , that must be it! Men like war! the biggest intrest of this earth! Cool
deanhills
spinout wrote:
War , that must be it! Men like war! the biggest intrest of this earth! Cool
Correction. Spinout loves war. I'm sure there must be a few million like me who prefer peace. Angel
Vanilla
chasbeen wrote:
Cannot see any ladies expressing themselves on what makes men happy


Okey, so I'll be the first one. Very Happy

What I think that makes men happy.

1) Sex
2) Power
3) Freedom

Why? Because that's what I can conclude from what I've seen until now. I have had some boyfriends and they all liked the same things (must be because I tend to like the same type of guy). Also I think these are the three things that would make me happy. Not in this order, of course. Maybe freedom is the most important thing to me. Very Happy

P.S.: I took the test and I'm most like Applejack. I don't know this pony, but the description was pretty close.
ocalhoun
Vanilla wrote:

P.S.: I took the test and I'm most like Applejack. I don't know this pony, but the description was pretty close.

She's a good pony to be like. ^.^
jacobtuffs558
Stress free life.
busman
FOR ME it would be simple... But then again i don't get a ton of pleasure out of life anywho but here we go

1. Smashin on some drums (one of the few times i ever actually feel alive)
2. Sex
3. Learning so i can distract myself from life.
chasbeen
A bit negative busmen. Sad
May I congratulate the Brazillian lady who expressed Freedom. However that would mean Women prefer freedom over sex?
mukesh
Fully Independence Smile
abhizz
chasbeen wrote:
A fulfilling job that also pays well
A feeling of independence
An ability to do what ever he wants when ever he wants

Go on your go
What 3 things makes men happy?


An ability to do what ever he wants when ever he wants Wink Wink
Vanilla
chasbeen wrote:
A bit negative busmen. Sad
May I congratulate the Brazillian lady who expressed Freedom. However that would mean Women prefer freedom over sex?


No, that means that I prefer freedom over sex. Which is a pretty tough choice to make, but I guess I prefer to be free as a bird than to have sex anytime that I want. Anyway. Freedom is a very important matter to me and I like to think that it is the same for everybody. Very Happy
busman
chasbeen wrote:
A bit negative busmen. Sad
May I congratulate the Brazillian lady who expressed Freedom. However that would mean Women prefer freedom over sex?


Not negative, more like an ever pervading sense of apathy hahaha. I still get up, I still work, I still pay my bills on time. I do what I'm supposed to do, I just don't sense much pleasure in most of it. I don't get sad or negative often and I don't get really happy very often. It's just me. Life is an amazing construct surely, but everyday life is quite the exact opposite a lot of times ya know? That's all I ment. Sorry if i brought negativity to your thread guy Sad
briankid

  1. freedom
  2. money
  3. family
ratanegra
Food
Reason
Sex
playfungames
I'm happy when I have good friends and family around me, and when I am not in a pressured state (which I currently am in because of the college assignments).

And oh yes, when I have been drinking.
linux1993
Get well paid job,
Do what you want,
See beautiful girls when you sometimes feel bad.
lucascoelho
1: Faith and hope, that's a must-have for everyone, men and women!
2: Love, on its many forms, like the love of a woman (or a man for those who prefer), love from their families, love from their friends...
3: Health. Without it, nothing else is possible!
4: Career, in any sense it may take. May be a laborer, a provider for the family, maybe just a student, perhaps even a dreamer... but whatever a man does, must do consciously and dedicated to it!
5: Pleasure, also on whatever sense it may have. For some it is sex, for some it is enjoying their family time, for others it is being on prayer... Must have pleasure on life, or it gets unbearable!
6: Money... unfortunately, we still need this horrible capitalist creation, so it's important to have also this.

I guess that's it... Very Happy
bukaida
It entirely depends on the definition of happiness. I have seen a labour, after days work, returning home and taking his wife in the back seat and little daughter on the rod of his cycle, paddling and singing happily. I have also seen a millionaire sitting very unhappily inside a Mercedes.

Personally I will be happy if my near and dear ones are happy.
Hello_World
What I can do to make my man happy...

1) Pay him attention
2) Make an effort to enjoy spending time with my in-laws
3) Earn money

Without me, what seems to make him happy is

1) playing computer games
2) having influence and respect at his work
3) his family

what makes me happy?

1) independence (which includes a fulfilling job/reasonable money)
2) the people around me
3) doing stuff that matters like helping others
4) stress free life (thanks jacob...)

I don't know, I might change my answer tomorrow. This makes me happy today.
ratanegra
lucascoelho wrote:
1: Faith and hope, that's a must-have for everyone, men and women!
2: Love, on its many forms, like the love of a woman (or a man for those who prefer), love from their families, love from their friends...
3: Health. Without it, nothing else is possible!
4: Career, in any sense it may take. May be a laborer, a provider for the family, maybe just a student, perhaps even a dreamer... but whatever a man does, must do consciously and dedicated to it!
5: Pleasure, also on whatever sense it may have. For some it is sex, for some it is enjoying their family time, for others it is being on prayer... Must have pleasure on life, or it gets unbearable!
6: Money... unfortunately, we still need this horrible capitalist creation, so it's important to have also this.

I guess that's it... Very Happy


I'd love to prove you wrong on many things, good sir.
1: Why is faith necessary? Faith in what? Maybe hope, but I can be happy without hope, just living in the present. Hope sometimes is what makes people sad, when what they were waiting for does not come.
2: You can be a happy odious person. There are people happy on their own.
3: Sometimes yes, but there are sick people who are happy.
4: Well, I kinda agree with you here.
5: Yes, pleasure is a must-have for happiness. It's almost included in the defintion.
6: No, it is not necessary. You only need it if you intend to follow this so called capitalist creation, but if you're happy living in the woods with your couple and a bear, who's to stop you. Besides, there are many examples of this. Just do some googling and you'll get what I mean.

I'm only arguing because you're generalizing. You say it is what "every man needs", while that is absolutely not true. We can be happy doing whatever we want to do with anything and anyone. Those are not needs, those are things that help "most of the people" to be happy, but not something they actually NEED (I repeat to emphasize).
spinout
that must be women that fights... over men... Hehe
tahayassen
Personally, I'm a techy, so spending money on computers makes me happy. Smile
sudipbanerjee
1. Peace in home-front
2. Job satisfaction
3. Sex
chatrack
Food and Friends
codemaster
1. Watching Porn
2. Fapping
3. Sex with Wife
3. Farting in elevator then leaving
4. Posting on FriHost
5. Chatting online
6. Eating Beans
7. Being Mod on Site
8. Video Gaming
BlankenshipW
1. A good job when you are the boss to yourself or at least the master of your time.
2. Pretty women's attention.
3. Seeing family around.
4. Having a lot of friends to hang out with.
5. Having a lot of free time for creativity or recreational activities.
ZeytinGrafik
sex
soccer (for the most of us)
video games
job satisfaction
beer
Related topics
What is "DONATE"
Text color of main page
Her and the Other
What makes life worthwhile for you?
sms jokes
sms jokes
Does Money makes man happy?
I Hate Football
Ask Doctor Stupid:
What Religion are You?
An organization that makes men fear marriage
Recession makes men sexy
Of Studies or Of Thacker
Coffee with a Good Friend and Dating?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.