FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

win xp sp2 crashes during recovery, can't be detected ..?

JohnFMcKillop
Hi .. I'm desperate for help sooo much, since I have all my software's installed and set everything on my Win XP SP2, it crashed a week ago, and I tried to repair it (CD Boot > Install > Repair // not thru recovery console), but during the copying progress, BSOD happened (Maybe coz I'm runnin' an AMD, overheated or somethin', I dunno), and I tried to restart the process (CD Boot > Install > repair) But IT Did not detect my Win SP 2 ? But the recovery console does .. I'm runnin' win 2000 now, Until I find a solution for this .. I tried installing a clean install, but that BSOD happened again. When I try to log in to Win XP, the loading screen shows, then the screen blackens, and does nothing (my optic mouse is on, the keyboard is on, but freezes) .. HELP MEEE ..
progman89
JohnFMcKillop wrote:
Hi .. I'm desperate for help sooo much, since I have all my software's installed and set everything on my Win XP SP2, it crashed a week ago, and I tried to repair it (CD Boot > Install > Repair // not thru recovery console), but during the copying progress, BSOD happened (Maybe coz I'm runnin' an AMD, overheated or somethin', I dunno), and I tried to restart the process (CD Boot > Install > repair) But IT Did not detect my Win SP 2 ? But the recovery console does .. I'm runnin' win 2000 now, Until I find a solution for this .. I tried installing a clean install, but that BSOD happened again. When I try to log in to Win XP, the loading screen shows, then the screen blackens, and does nothing (my optic mouse is on, the keyboard is on, but freezes) .. HELP MEEE ..

This is what I would do -
1 - Uninstall Windows XP
2 - Run CHKDSK from the boot CD
3 - Install Windows XP with Service Pack 1. This should take care of any software and most hardware problems. If it works, you could try installing SP2 again, but it sounds like it's too much for your hardware from your description of the problems you're having.
rootC
I recommend that you completely format your disk (after saving your personal data) and reinstall your Operating System or else try to fix it in safe mode. With Windows XP, if you have your CD, you can boot from it and it will take you through a very automated process to getting your computer running again with it. It sounds to me like one of your hardware drivers is preventing your computer from booting. This happened to me once, a CD Writer driver made my computer take 30 minutes to start up, quite literally. If you can, try booting in safe mode (tap F8 at startup) and start randomly disabling hardware in the Windows device manager.