I have these possible benefits
1. Community: People get back saying thanks and also link. I really like that.
2. Occasional possible job opportunities. I got a software contact from a startup company in the states.
3. Technical challenges. I provide unique stuff sometimes that's bard but enjoyable. Like climbing a mental mountain.
4. A kind of well being. I'm in charge of what I put in and get out of it .
Your turn What do you get from yours?
Spiking is not getting much from his website. Not at the moment anyway.
Anyone else? I'm actually interested...
Sorry that was Spinout ....
Blasted IPod ...
See IPods replacement word system frustrates me!
ANYONE ELSE? I'm actually quite interested...
well for me unless people want to donate to me a just get enjoyment from my friends and I. Like today one of my friends came up to me and gave me a hug because I gave them a key to my dwelling in the game. I don't know but it is nice to have my friends enjoying them selves playing on my site.
Currently don't have any website that give that much benefit to share here, but will definitely have one very soon.
When you do let us know
There's nothing better than hearing something you made benefitted someone else.
I have the following benefits--
1. I can refer it on my visiting card for the interested persons.
2. I got some commercial skill assessment assignments through it which gave me a lot of self satisfaction.
3. For online job application, it comes as an immense help .
4. I have hosted the live projects done under my supervision by various students. Now when they are going for any interview, they can show their work live , instead of showing a dull report and few screenshots.
5. My name is registered in Google through my site, so anybody can simply type my name and see the whereabouts. Lots of my old friends have found me like this.
6. I can have my own name(any name of my choice) as my email id which is not possible in public mail services.
and lot lot more---
Yes it gives great satisfaction that you get pleasure doing it
As for job hunting it seems the right thing to do.
I mean I specialize in IT so it would almost be stupid of me NOT to have one.
One thing though, you might consider putting the link on your signature so that it would be visible every time you post..
I'm started a blog for some money, but now lot of guys are saying thanks and getting lot of mails for posting more and more posts.
I get lot of feed back, that help improving the design, structure of web site.
It motivate me to study more about web design, SEO etc
I get some good friends cos of my site