FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hello to all!

RichardM55
I have registered with this forum today in order to get possibility to launch my website here. So I am new one and I have found a lot of interesting topics in this place, especially those about running own business.

All the Best to everyone here!

Richard Razz
IceCreamTruck
Welcome to frihost! It's a great place to experiment with web programming. I hope you have a lot of fun here! You will find lots of support at times!

Enjoy!
Josso
Hello Richard welcome to Frihost
goaesco
Hello everyone my name is ginny...
deanhills
Welcome to Frihost Richard. What Website are you planning to publish? Smile
RichardM55
I learnt a lot about using Dreamweaver a year ago when I read fat book "Dreamweaver CS4 Bible" and afterwards I read some other books about JavaScript, HTML and DHTML and also about Flash. I have just collected all information about creating website but I had no idea how to start doing them. But a couples of weeks ago I started to attend course "How to create your own website" and after 2 sessions the nearest weekend I got down to create my first website about restoring, retouching and colouring photos. I had those photos done already because I made them in Photoshop some ago.
On course we learn to create website using simple tool by weebly (www.weebly,com )
Always the most difficult part of creation of website is just make up concept and idea what layout and content to use.
Creating websites by weebly is simple and very limited so I am going to use rather Dreamweaver I learnt some time ago. At the beginning to ease my work I will use free templates that we can download from internet. There are so many that it's hard to chose which to use but I must start to experiment with some of them to see what I will achieve.
IceCreamTruck
when you have a hosting account start with just a simple "hello world" application, and work your way up from there. Work in the text as much as you can, and limit the html SEVERELY to achieve much in the ways of SEO value. If your page contains a lot of html markup it will lose value quickly. Keep your pages relevant, and to the point. Same goes for your navigation -- less html markup is better. Choose instead to write your own CSS on very few actual containing elements on the page ... like <divs> ... perhaps a good editor might help you some of this css style programming, but ultimately you have to check up on the code that your convenient little helper is creating. Prepare to read a lot.

css even does simple hover effects now, and rounded corner boxes, so html is really far easier than it was, trust me! Good luck! Keep on keeping on!
deanhills
I came across this cool tutorial Website for learning the basics free. The standard of the tutorials is tops. One can learn all of the basics for free, but when it gets to more complicated techniques, one has to subscribe for those.

http://teamtreehouse.com/

Here is an example of the first "First steps" video:
http://teamtreehouse.com/library/design-foundations/html/introduction/first-steps/play

Note that the Website has been designed in html5, coding is really great. And I like the videos.
RichardM55
Thank you, guys for all your advice. It is really helpful. I am doing the first steps in website designing so I see a lot of problems. For example, it's real problem for me is chose colours for website. And I don't know if I should stick to font size or I could use many of them.
IceCreamTruck
RichardM55 wrote:
Thank you, guys for all your advice. It is really helpful. I am doing the first steps in website designing so I see a lot of problems. For example, it's real problem for me is chose colours for website. And I don't know if I should stick to font size or I could use many of them.

I choose white text on black background. I feel it's the nicest on people who have to spend long hours reading on the computer. It's hard to look at a white screen all day!

this is a style sample of what I am talking about: http://xmpact.com/bmw/1997_BMW_850ci_For_Sale.html

This is one of my friends projects that I put up online quickly. So it's a good example of how to get speedy results.

http://tizag.com/ -- this website was fun to look at and browse through, and continues to pop up in my searches from time to time. http://BrainJar.com/ is another one that I can remember off the top of my head.
RichardM55
Thank you for all those information and links to those tutorials.

As I mentioned before I created my first website which is www.black2colour.weebly.com
It is not finished yet but I am going to do that this weekend.
IceCreamTruck
RichardM55 wrote:
Thank you for all those information and links to those tutorials.

As I mentioned before I created my first website which is www.black2colour.weebly.com
It is not finished yet but I am going to do that this weekend.

This is definitely the kind of place to host projects just like yours, so the next step is getting a domain and getting away from weebly, although it may remain a useful tool to you.
RichardM55
Yes, I am going to do that but I am not sure to make this website again using for example Dreamweaver or just leave it on weebly and create another and put it on free hosting server.
IceCreamTruck
RichardM55 wrote:
Yes, I am going to do that but I am not sure to make this website again using for example Dreamweaver or just leave it on weebly and create another and put it on free hosting server.

Start from scratch. I suggest taking everything you've learned, and start on a new blank background!
RichardM55
I will do new website as soon as I find some time for this. So far I wanted to finish my website I have created.
Meantime I am still thinking of new ideas to create new website.
sameerseo
Hello how are you enjoy here.