FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can Install Windows From Pen drive

Sanjaya
I have got a Pentium II (266MHz) Toshiba laptop. It does not have a CDROM drive. I do not know how to go to the configuration. There is already windows 2000 german virsion install in it. I want to install Windows 2000 English version. How to install windows 2000 from pen drive? Or tell me another way to install it. It has a floppy diskette drive. But there is no way to find floppy diskette from the market. Please help me.
Ankhanu
Change the language settings?
Should be fairly simple, with a little German-English dictionary work, or a quick google search.
igennie5
yes we can install windows operating system from the pen drive...by burning ISO file on the pen drive....
cybersa
There is a tool called wintoflash that can help you to do.
I have net book.
I installed XP on my net book using this software.
Try it.
Hexes
Probably it will not be possible if your BIOS does not support booting from USB. Launch boot menu or enter to bios and set the first boot device to USB (if this option is not available for you then it will not be possible).

P.S. Why do you want to use laptop with Pentium II (266mhz) ?
tamilparks
Hexes wrote:
Probably it will not be possible if your BIOS does not support booting from USB. Launch boot menu or enter to bios and set the first boot device to USB (if this option is not available for you then it will not be possible).

P.S. Why do you want to use laptop with Pentium II (266mhz) ?
clubdeinovaristi
Windows 2000 got End Of Live.
You shouldn't use it or you won't get patches for serious vulnerabilities.
You should instead consider using a Linux lightweight distribution (with XFCE).
sysna
you should first make your pen drive bootable using various softwares or even the windows command prompt, many methods for doing this job is described completely in this link : http://www.bootdisk.com/pendrive.htm

using one of those methods you should be able to boot from you pen drive but the most important thing is that to see if your laptop got any option for booting from USB in its bios which i think as your laptop is very old you probably don't have that option, if you don't have that option then you will need to boot from other way like the floppy drive if your laptop got one.

by the way win 2000 is absolute use small linux distros , there are many linux distros that you can install on your PII laptop.
iyepes
I haven't tested this instructions, but this two pages could help you.

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-install-windows-7vista-from-usb-drive-detailed-100-working-guide/

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/install-windows-7-from-usb-drive-requires-2-simple-steps/