FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pointing a TLD to a sub-domain of my frihsot sub-domain

futurcat
I posted recently a similar question. In fact I also need a solution for this one below, which is slightly simpler:

- I have a Top-level domain which I own (rubidecideix.cat).

- I have a sub-domain in frihost (futurcat.frihost.org)

- I have a sub-domain in my sub-domain (rubidecideix.rubicatala.frihost.org which is also accessible through rubicatala.frihost.org/rubidecideix)

- I want to point my TLD (Top-level domain) so that it displays the content of the sub-sub-domain.

I found responses about how to point a TLD to a sub-domain, but not how to point it to a sub-sub-domain.

Is that possible?
badai
assume you have your own dns for your domain.

if you do not want to change anything and just want to point rubidecideix.cat to rubidecideix.rubicatala.frihost.org, it's not possible because you cannot create c record for TLD.

yet, you can have www.rubidecideix.cat point to rubidecideix.rubicatala.frihost.org by creating a c record for www.rubidecideix.cat.

also, a better way is just to add rubidecideix.cat to your frihost and start all over again under the new domain. it's not that hard, usually if you copy everything it will just work, except if you have hard coded any absolute path inside your script, then you have to edit it to point to the new path.
futurcat
Thanks. Ok, the workaround you mention is something I know how to do. Because it is a WordPress blog and the database is not moved,this is an easy move.