FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Disable Hide your online status: preferences setting

rjraaz
My this suggestion in support of http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-132716.html

Since, frihost is an open discussion community. There is no need of "Hide your online status:" like preferences setting.

So, i think it would be get disabled. To make everyone online.
Please, Administrator give it a try for small duration if will be beneficial continue or re-enable again.
eclipious
I do not support this suggestion. Although I believe that a forum is an open community, you remove the right of a person to have the right to privacy. If a person does not want to be shown online, they have the right to have that option "Hide online status".
deanhills
eclipious wrote:
I do not support this suggestion. Although I believe that a forum is an open community, you remove the right of a person to have the right to privacy. If a person does not want to be shown online, they have the right to have that option "Hide online status".
Totally agreed. I don't think many people use that button, but at least they have the freedom to do so.

Peterssidan
Bondings hides his online status so I don't think there is much chance for this to happen.
ujjwalshrestha
deanhills wrote:
eclipious wrote:
Totally agreed. I don't think many people use that button, but at least they have the freedom to do so.

Many people including myself don't use that button. I didn't know until now that it exist.
william
I use it. I'm not sure why I decided to use it (this was back when I first registered in 2006) but I certainly like having the option for whatever reason. And nevertheless, what would removing it accomplish? I feel that it is just unnecessary work for no gain.
Ghost Rider103
Really would serve no purpose in removing it.

If you want to use it, then it's there for you. If not, well then it shouldn't bother you as the option is hidden in your account page and you probably don't come across it too often.

Some people like to be hidden from the currently online list. Perhaps to avoid possible PM's?

I've thought about hiding my status, but I suppose theirs no real reason for me to. I don't mind getting PM's from users if they have a question/comment.