FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Taking bath in Hot Water is good?

cybersa
I'm going to College from College Hostel.
Here very cool during morning hour.
So i'm daily taking bath in Hot water.
Is it good for health?
eclipious
Taking hot baths aren't bad; however, I believe switching between temperature environments isn't great for your body as it likes to make gradual changes. I am not a doctor or anything though but this is what people have told me.

I love hot baths especially during the winters but make sure not to do too hot as to burn your skin off or make it extremely dry (hot water can dry out your skin after you've stepped out and toweled down).
johans
for me, i have done that with other country back 3 years ago.. i take everyday a hot/warm shower and it is fine.. so far i am in good condition..

it is also a sort of my relaxation specially working hard.. i also take a bath in the evening. Smile
cybersa
I also like to take hot bath during cool climate.
mshafiq
Hot water bath is good for health
hot water helps to clean body skin and remove all the excess oil and dirt on it.
It also help to to get rid of bacteria that is on surface of skin.
and also when we sweet body relases toxin that produce odor.To remove this odor we should take hot water shower.Hot water also increase blood circulation and regulate the body temperature.
hot water opens the pors of the body that help in obsorbtion of moisture.
when we take shower from hot water is also good for brain too.
it makes relax and you feel whole day fresh
cybersa
@mshafiq
You gave me a nice information.
Thanks man. Smile
johans
Quote:
when we take shower from hot water is also good for brain too.

I am not sure on this.. i am not in medical profession but i think this depends if you like relaxation then it goods for the brain.. but hot water good for brain.. i dont read any articles on this..
menino
I don't think taking hot showers in cold climate is bad.
It keeps you a little warm when you first get out into the cold weather, and the body can take it.... most times.
Everyone has their own way of dealing with temperatures.
mukesh
I donot like hot water. I also use with cold water bacause I am indian and here 3- 4 months only with cold climate but only one month which you can say that the perfect cold climate. This one month I use only cold water not hot.
Vanilla
menino wrote:
It keeps you a little warm when you first get out into the cold weather, and the body can take it.... most times.

Keep taking your hot baths as long as they're not too hot. A really hot bath removes all the natural moisture from your skin and leaves it really dry. When that happens, the sking tries to overcompensate by producing more sebum which can lead to acne problems. Also, you can suffer with desquamation of your skin and related hair issues.

I spent a week taking cold showers (where I was they didn't have heating, luckly for me the temperature was always above 30ºC Very Happy) and my skin was glowing and my hair was shining... But I really hate cold showers. So when I returned home I went back to my hot shower routine. Well, I can always use a better hair conditioner and put on more lotion on my face. Laughing
cybersa
Vanilla wrote:
menino wrote:

Keep taking your hot baths as long as they're not too hot. A really hot bath removes all the natural moisture from your skin and leaves it really dry. When that happens, the sking tries to overcompensate by producing more sebum which can lead to acne problems. Also, you can suffer with desquamation of your skin and related hair issues.

I spent a week taking cold showers (where I was they didn't have heating, luckly for me the temperature was always above 30ºC Very Happy) and my skin was glowing and my hair was shining... But I really hate cold showers. So when I returned home I went back to my hot shower routine. Well, I can always use a better hair conditioner and put on more lotion on my face. Laughing

I think i had Hair related problems.
I'm having Hair Falling and hair dandruff
i don't know while hair falling is either due to hair dandruff or Hot Bath. Sad
Help me.
Vanilla
cybersa wrote:
Help me.

I think your hair falling may be related to the dandruff you have. But first of all: have you ever tried to take cold showers just to test if your hot shower theory is right? Second: did you ever try a specific shampoo to treat your dandruff? My brother has a problem with dandruff and he uses only these shampoos that treat dandruff. Works well for him.

If you are super worried about this issue, what about visiting a dermatologist? Maybe you have a skin condition that is not related to hot showers at all. Very Happy
cybersa
Vanilla wrote:
cybersa wrote:
Help me.

I think your hair falling may be related to the dandruff you have. But first of all: have you ever tried to take cold showers just to test if your hot shower theory is right? Second: did you ever try a specific shampoo to treat your dandruff? My brother has a problem with dandruff and he uses only these shampoos that treat dandruff. Works well for him.

If you are super worried about this issue, what about visiting a dermatologist? Maybe you have a skin condition that is not related to hot showers at all. Very Happy

Yeah i need to check it.
Today i took bath in cold shower.
busaboss
I believe doing it is really fine but be sure not to over do it. However, I may suggest that you just mix some cold water in it so you wouldn't use extremely hot water and it also feels much better because I feel relaxed everytime I do it.
mshafiq
Taking bath in hot water reduce stress like if we stand under hot running water 5-10 min it helps to calm mind and reduce the stress
hot water shower gives immediate relief from allergies.
Helps in muscles relaxation and sore joints
therimalaya
In hot water, it is harmful and i can not bath. But the warm water will relax the body and make me feel good.
cybersa
Vanilla wrote:
cybersa wrote:
Help me.

Last fours i'm taking bath in cold shower.
No improvement on hair failing.

I think it is due to Dandruff .
I need to clear that soon Smile
nigam
yes...i take hot bath to relax my body after work...it makes my stressful day gone after i had a bath.but i don't want to wet my hair in hot shower because i think it will make my hair falls.
enilsoncba
Quote:
"The hot bath-robe affect the lipid layer of the skin, which is responsible for the smooth texture," explains dermatologist Meire Stop Brazil. Therefore, the doctor advises you to reduce the time of the shower, which only serves to wash the body and does not unwind.

The dermatologist Fernando Bezerra, in turn, believes that any type of bath removes the skin's natural moisturizing factors, such as urea. "The problem is that the high temperature of the water stimulates the dilation of the pores and who is prone to hives, which may be present in the skin itches," he says.

However, the expert underscores the need to clean the bath body, especially in a tropical country such as Brazil. "The interesting thing is most appropriate to use a soap that impairs minus the alkaline pH of the skin. I usually indicate also moisturizers that contain urea, ceramides and essential oils after the bath," he says.
mengshi200
Certainly taking bath in Hot water is good for health .but if you need to reduce your sex libido.you should be cool water.hehe.
Coen
Doing it won't kill you. Warm/hot water helps muscles and the body relax (as long as it is not too hot) so that's beneficial. Then again there are also benefits to taking cold showers. So the trick with either would be to just not overdo it. Moderation is the key in everything, even in moderation itself.
fuzzkaizer
where i come from, there is a saying, if someone talks or behaves stupidly: "maybe he has taken a too hot bath"
appsapps
Hot baths are ok, unless you have a seizure disorder. If you do, take warm showers, instead. I know at least 2 people that didn't know this and took hot baths, had a seizure in the tub and drowned. The heat from the water makes one more likely to have a seizure, and being submerged in it even more so.
deanhills
appsapps wrote:
Hot baths are ok, unless you have a seizure disorder. If you do, take warm showers, instead. I know at least 2 people that didn't know this and took hot baths, had a seizure in the tub and drowned. The heat from the water makes one more likely to have a seizure, and being submerged in it even more so.
Shocked Think I'm going to be more careful next time! WOW! I'm not doing it as much now, but I always thought that taking a really hot bath is good for sweating to the equivalent of a spa. Particularly if one has a bug in one's system like flu that one wants to get rid off.
cybersa
Recently i leave the College hostel and rent a room outside with friends.
So no hot bath past months.
If i went to my home,sometimes i will take bath in hot water.
appsapps
deanhills wrote:
appsapps wrote:
Shocked Think I'm going to be more careful next time! WOW! I'm not doing it as much now, but I always thought that taking a really hot bath is good for sweating to the equivalent of a spa. Particularly if one has a bug in one's system like flu that one wants to get rid off.

This advice is only for those that have a seizure disorder...not normal healthy people. If you are a normal healthy person, hot baths are just fine.
likeabreeze
when you catch a cold, it is good for you to take a hot bath, the higher the temperature, the better for you to heal, but take care not to get burned Razz
the-guide
It's seems that most people prefer to take a bath in hot water than cold water but I have heard that
bathing with cold water is more health benefits than you can get from hot water.
A hot-water bath may be pleasant at the time of bathing, but is likely to generate a feeling of lassitude later
but a cold-water bath is stimulating.

For me, I like warm water bathing. Smile

leoko
Benefits of Cold Water Showers
While doctors may no longer instruct their patients to take a cold bath and call them in the morning, a shot of cold water can still impart real health benefits:
Improves circulation. Good blood circulation is vital for overall cardiovascular health. Healthy blood circulation also speeds up recovery time from strenuous exercises and work. Alternating between hot and cold water while you shower is an easy way to improve your circulation. Cold water causes your blood to move to your organs to keep them warm. Warm water reverses the effect by causing the blood to move towards the surface of the skin. Cold shower proponents argue that stimulating the circulatory system in this way keeps them healthier and younger looking than their hot water-loving counterparts.
Relieves depression. Lots of great men from history suffered bouts of depression. Henry David Thoreau is one such man. But perhaps Thoreau’s baths in chilly Walden Pond helped keep his black dog at bay. Research at the Department of Radiation Oncology at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine indicates that short cold showers may stimulate the brain’s “blue spot”- the brain’s primary source of noradrenaline — a chemical that could help mitigate depression. I guess a bout of the blues isn’t so bad after all.
Keeps skin and hair healthy. Hot water dries out skin and hair. If you want to avoid an irritating itch and ashy elbows, turn down the temperature of your showers. Also, cold water can make your manly mane look shinier and your skin look healthier by closing up your cuticles and pores.
Strengthens immunity. According to a study done in 1993 by the Thrombosis Research Institute in England, individuals who took daily cold showers saw an increase in the number of virus fighting white blood cells compared to individuals who took hot showers. Researchers believe that the increased metabolic rate, which results from the body’s attempt to warm itself up, activates the immune system and releases more white blood cells in response.
Increases testosterone. During the 19th century, many doctors and ministers recommended that young men take baths in cold water to reduce the sin of “self-pollution,” i.e. whacking off. Cold water was thought to extinguish a man’s flaming carnal desires. There was even a ghastly device invented on this principle.
How wrong they were! The same study by the Thrombosis Research Institute cited above showed that cold water showers actually increase testosterone production in men. Increased testosterone levels not only boost a man’s libido, but also his overall strength and energy level. If you’re looking to increase your testosterone, instead of juicing up like Mark McGwire, hop into a cold shower.
Increases fertility. Trying to become a dad? Cold showers are good for your little swimmers. Your testes aren’t meant to get too hot; that’s why they hang outside your body. Sperm counts decrease when the temperature of a man’s testes increases. Experiments done in the 1950s showed that hot baths were an effective contraceptive. Men who took a 30 minute hot bath every other day for 3 weeks were infertile for the next six months. More recently, the University of California at San Francisco did a study with men who were exposed to 30 minutes of “wet heat” (hot baths and such) a week. When the men cut this exposure out, their sperm count went up by 491%, and their sperm’s motility improved as well. While switching from a hot to cold shower may not have as dramatic an effect, if you’re trying to create some progeny, it surely won’t hurt.
Increases energy and well-being. Every time I end a shower with cold water, I leave feeling invigorated and energized. Your heart starts pumping, and the rush of blood through your body helps shake off the lethargy of the previous night’s sleep. For me, the spike in energy lasts several hours. It’s almost like drinking a can of Diet Mountain Dew, minus the aspartame. And while it hasn’t been studied, many people swear that cold showers are a surefire stress reducer. I’m a believer.
Getting Started with Cold Water Showers
If you’ve spent most of your life taking hot showers, suddenly turning the dial in the other direction can be a big shock to the system. I took a break from the James Bond Showers for a few months. When I decided to get started again with them, my heart almost jumped out of my chest, and I nearly passed out from hyperventilating when the cold water hit my body. Too much, too soon.
My suggestion (based on personal experience) is to gradually decrease the temp of the water so your body can adjust.
Which reminds me, some people with certain conditions should avoid cold showers because of the shock to the body’s system. If you have the following conditions, you’ll have to harness your inner 007 another way:
• Heart disease. If my normal, healthy heart felt like it was about to explode, imagine how a diseased heart will feel.
• High blood pressure. The contraction in your blood vessels caused by cold water could cause a stroke. Apparently.
• Overheated or feverish. Your blood vessels need to dilate in order to release heat. Cold water causes them to constrict.
Okay. If you’re healthy enough for a James Bond Shower, here’s how it’s done.
1. Start off with the hot water.
2. Wash your hair with some Pinaud Elixir shampoo, just like 007.
3. When you’re ready to rinse, just turn it down to cold. Bond would spend a few minutes under the cold water, meditating about a lost love or on how awesome his job is.
4. As you walk out the shower, kill the hitman that’s been hiding in the closet using nothing but a towel and a Scotch tumbler.
5. Say a pithy one liner; proceed to put on tux.
You’ll start seeing the benefits right after the first shower, and it only gets better as you continue. While cold water showers won’t give you the charm or skills of 007, you’ll feel like a new man.
kmr_mukund
i think taking bath in hot water is not bad for health.i like to bath in hot water during winter season.i felt good after bath.