FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any metal or punk fans?

tatamall
Just wondering. Any fans of metal of punk like:

Metal(examples): The Black Dahlia Murder, Pig Destroyer, Heaven Shall Burn, Children Of Bodom, Iron Maiden, The Agonist, etcetc.

Punk(examples): NOFX, MxPx, Less than Jake, Anti-flag, Rise Against, The Ramones, etcetc.
Cosmoslayer
I'm a metal fan but not that heavy. LOL. On the Punk side I also like Rise Against. Very Happy
sysna
i'm a Metal Fan , Punk Hater .

Bands i like : Evile (Speed/Trash metal) , Slayer , As i lay dying (Metalcore) , All That Remains (Heavy metal/Metalcore)
catscratches
Considering metalcore is the fusion of metal and hardcore (punk), you can't be that much of a punk hater. Wink
cnitolo
Metal and Punk! All kind of Rock and Roll!
metalfreek
I am a metal music fan. My favorite artists include
Iron Maiden
Pantera
Metallica
Children of Bodom
Cradle of Filth
Dimmu Borgir
Megadeth

and some more...
sixstring_psycho
I like all kinds of music, but not Country so much! Johnny Cash is an exception though...

Metal
Soulfly
Hatebreed
Pissing Razors
Fear Factory
Biohazard
Slipknot
OLD Metallica (the new one is not so bad)
Slayer
Pantera
Rebel Meets Rebel
Danzig
Extreme Noise Terror
And on and on!

Punk
NOFX
Ramomes
All/Descendents
Circle Jerks
Sex Pistols
Gang Green And much more!!!
Blummer
The clash, sex pistols, ramones, the damned...all in my music library.
The_unnamed_label
Punk music... of course!!

actually setting up a punk festival in Ireland!
hollyonly77
I don't know anyone with my tastes in music. I love Dead Kennedys, Circle Jerks, Black Flag, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Dead Milkmen, The Exploited... Stuff like that for punk.
Then stuff like Iced Earth, Moonspell, Iron Maiden, Cradle of Filth, Blind Guardian, Type O, Misfits, Danzig, Samhain, Nevermore, Sanctuary... Stuff like that for metal. Twisted Evil
Afaceinthematrix
I like metal and some punk is okay but I absolutely despise any type of core and I absolutely cannot stand it when people try to classify core as metal when it is far from metal. Most of the core bands not only suck but act like whiny little girls. As far as metal goes:

Amon Amarth
Arch Enemy
Black Sabbath
Blackguard
Blind Guardian
Bonded By Blood
Children of Bodom
Deicide
Dimmu Borgir
Dio
Ensiferum
Epica
Equilibrium
Exodus
Finntroll
Havok
Hypocrisy
Megadeth
Metallica (old)
Nightwish
Pantera
Skeletonwitch
Slayer
Symphony X
Testament
Vader
Warbringer

I could list a bunch more but those are just some of my favorites.
luciferfawkes
I listen to a number of genres of Metal, lately anymore though if I do listen to Metal then it's along the lines of Chelsea Grin and Whitechapel, ect.
busman
I like Heavy Metal the most but i do enjoy some punk bands spirinkled in here and there.
Punk
The Offspring
Rancid
The Ramones
The Casualities
AFI
Metal
1. Black Sabbath/Slipknot (got me into metal as a teen)
2. Cannibal Corpse/Nile (absolutely brutal and excellent muscians)
3. OLD L.o.G/ OLD S.o.a.D
4. Slayer/Overkill/Exodus (only thrash bands that stayed true that i love)
5. Dying Fetus/Behemoth

Thats all i can think of that i absolutely love and have loved for awhile now. There's always good new bands and old school bands and i know i omitted Testament but i just haven't heard enough of them to know if i love them yet.
portoskt
yeah, both metal and punk fun here ))
busaboss
I am a long time punk fan. When it comes to metal, I am not that hooked but I learned to like it through my friend who loves metal. Very Happy
welshsteve
I'm a fan of metal/heavy rock, among other music.

Among my favourite bands are Metallica, Megadeth, Faith No More, Iron Maiden
nguyenvulong
Hey do you guy know Lordi ?
Try them

Lordi is a Finnish hard rock/heavy metal band, formed in 1996 by the band's lead singer, songwriter and costume-designer, Mr. Lordi. The band is known for wearing monster masks and using pyrotechnics during concerts. They rose to domestic success with their 2002 single, "Would You Love a Monsterman?".

Lordi made history in 2006 by winning the 2006 Eurovision Song Contest with a then record 292 points, becoming the first Finnish performer to win the contest. Lordi was featured on the 2006 MTV Europe Music Awards in Copenhagen when the band's frontman, Mr. Lordi, presented the award for rock. They were also the closing act, playing their single "Hard Rock Hallelujah". They also performed on Britain's Making Your Mind Up for the Eurovision Song Contest. Lordi performed on the main stage at Ozzfest 2007 and later that year toured with Type O Negative and Twin Method until Halloween night.
lightningleo
i like Green Day.. its a great band.. and sung many of the Awesomest Songs of the world..

Be it American Idiot or Know Your Enemy..

It was won the best rock album..2 times for American Idiot and 20th Century Breakdown..

i recommend you to listen to::--

21 Guns::=-

American Idiot::--

and..

When I Come Around::---

ratanegra
I'm a huge metal fan.

No, but seriously. I really like metal. I listen to black metal mainly, and also to death metal and a little of some other genres. I also listen to classical music and sometimes French pop (to improve my language skills).

Afaceinthematrix wrote:
I like metal and some punk is okay but I absolutely despise any type of core and I absolutely cannot stand it when people try to classify core as metal when it is far from metal. Most of the core bands not only suck but act like whiny little girls. As far as metal goes:

Amon Amarth
Arch Enemy
Black Sabbath
Blackguard
Blind Guardian
Bonded By Blood
Children of Bodom
Deicide
Dimmu Borgir
Dio
Ensiferum
Epica
Equilibrium
Exodus
Finntroll
Havok
Hypocrisy
Megadeth
Metallica (old)
Nightwish
Pantera
Skeletonwitch
Slayer
Symphony X
Testament
Vader
Warbringer

*Ratanegra names a list of 200 bands and gets banned from Frihost for spamming*

Though I'm now listening to Casse, pèches, fractures et traditions by Peste Noire (a French BM band).

nguyenvulong wrote:
Hey do you guy know Lordi ?

Yes, I do, and I like them. They're nice. I downloaded their discography not so long ago.
welshsteve
I love rock/metal. Here are a few of my faves:

Metallica
Trivium
Slayer
Anthrax
Megadeth
Faith No More
AC/DC
Guns 'n Roses
Iron Maiden
Papa Roach
Limp Bizkit
Lostprophets
Machine Head
Pantera

But I also like softer stuff such as Kiss, Noel Gallagher/Oasis, The Smiths/Morrisey, Queen, Stone Roses, Beatles, The Who
Afaceinthematrix
ratanegra wrote:
I'm a huge metal fan.

No, but seriously. I really like metal. I listen to black metal mainly, and also to death metal and a little of some other genres. I also listen to classical music and sometimes French pop (to improve my language skills).

Afaceinthematrix wrote:

Amon Amarth
Arch Enemy
Black Sabbath
Blackguard
Blind Guardian
Bonded By Blood
Children of Bodom
Deicide
Dimmu Borgir
Dio
Ensiferum
Epica
Equilibrium
Exodus
Finntroll
Havok
Hypocrisy
Megadeth
Metallica (old)
Nightwish
Pantera
Skeletonwitch
Slayer
Symphony X
Testament
Vader
Warbringer

Are you implying that I am spamming? A spammer is someone consistently advertising. You can also get banned for consistent low quality posts. I routinely spend 20 minutes or more typing up long debate conversations in the philosophy forums having in depth debates. So making one post about what bands I like when it directly answers the original topic of what type of metal or punk you like I can hardly be accused of being someone with consistently low quality and contentless posts.

lightningleo: I find it almost insulting that you would mention greenday in a topic about punk and metal. Some people call it punk that really is an insult to the genre of punk. Greenday neither sounds like punk nor have the attitude associated with punk.
ratanegra
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
ratanegra wrote:
I'm a huge metal fan.

Afaceinthematrix wrote:

Amon Amarth
Arch Enemy
Black Sabbath
Blackguard
Blind Guardian
Bonded By Blood
Children of Bodom
Deicide
Dimmu Borgir
Dio
Ensiferum
Epica
Equilibrium
Exodus
Finntroll
Havok
Hypocrisy
Megadeth
Metallica (old)
Nightwish
Pantera
Skeletonwitch
Slayer
Symphony X
Testament
Vader
Warbringer

Are you implying that I am spamming? A spammer is someone consistently advertising. You can also get banned for consistent low quality posts. I routinely spend 20 minutes or more typing up long debate conversations in the philosophy forums having in depth debates. So making one post about what bands I like when it directly answers the original topic of what type of metal or punk you like I can hardly be accused of being someone with consistently low quality and contentless posts.

lightningleo: I find it almost insulting that you would mention greenday in a topic about punk and metal. Some people call it punk that really is an insult to the genre of punk. Greenday neither sounds like punk nor have the attitude associated with punk.

I am implying that if I were to post my favorite bands, I'd have to list at least 100 bands that I listen to regularly and have as 'favorites'. I mean, you posted what you listen to, and I found that it wasn't too much compared to what I listen to. I have a huge arsenal of melodies on my iPod and most of them are metal.
Afaceinthematrix
ratanegra wrote:

I am implying that if I were to post my favorite bands, I'd have to list at least 100 bands that I listen to regularly and have as 'favorites'. I mean, you posted what you listen to, and I found that it wasn't too much compared to what I listen to. I have a huge arsenal of melodies on my iPod and most of them are metal.

The only other band that I listen to regularly and that I have my playlist and that I forgot to mention is Eluveitie. But that is still 28 bands. I like a lot of other bands but I was only listing stuff that I regularly listen to because it is on my playlist. But you have to consider that with many of these bands I own two, three, four, or even five of their albums. So take all of those 28 bands and consider that for many of them I own several of their albums and you'll see that I own quite a few albums. And I don't steal their music; I purchase it because I support my favorite bands and want them to continue doing what they do. And also take any to account that I've seen well more than a hundred bands live and some bands, like Blackguard, up to ten times, I've spent thousands of dollars on metal. While I would like to have music from more bands, I have to slowly buy music as I can afford it.
ratanegra
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
ratanegra wrote:

The only other band that I listen to regularly and that I have my playlist and that I forgot to mention is Eluveitie. But that is still 28 bands. I like a lot of other bands but I was only listing stuff that I regularly listen to because it is on my playlist. But you have to consider that with many of these bands I own two, three, four, or even five of their albums. So take all of those 28 bands and consider that for many of them I own several of their albums and you'll see that I own quite a few albums. And I don't steal their music; I purchase it because I support my favorite bands and want them to continue doing what they do. And also take any to account that I've seen well more than a hundred bands live and some bands, like Blackguard, up to ten times, I've spent thousands of dollars on metal. While I would like to have music from more bands, I have to slowly buy music as I can afford it.

I'm not criticising you. I was just showing off the great variety of music I have on my iPod. And don't say that downloading is stealing, because if I didn't exist, they wouldn't care less, as it won't really affect them if I download it. Anyway, I don't have much money (nor do I have any access to dollars because of the government of Venezuela), so I wouldn't buy it even if there weren't download available. Greedy black rat, you'll say, but when I find an album of Thy Light, Empyrium or Haggard in my local shop, rest assured that I'll make everything in my hands to get my hands on it (paying it, of course, I don't steal).
alongkichu
welshsteve wrote:
I'm a fan of metal/heavy rock, among other music.

Among my favourite bands are Metallica, Megadeth, Faith No More, Iron Maiden

Same here. Master of puppets, hangar 18, tornado of souls, wasted years, etc to mention some of my favourites.