FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dont Forget the Valentines day!

johans
as seen in general chat i think someone forgot to post here HAPPY HEARTS DAY!!!!

its good to be HEARTS day.. i saw a lot of people walking around the streets carrying flowers and many lovers in love more.. what a beautiful day!!!

I just wonder who introduces the VALENTINES day? When this was started? before when i was in high school we celebrate Valentines with flowers and greetings card.. now technology is so fast it can be done to short message services (SMS)/ (MMS) greetings... I just wonder in 10 years from now what would be the VALENTINES day for FUTURE..

HAPPY VALENTINES day! Again and KEEP inlove and loving.. Take care to all.

Very Happy
deanhills
Gosh! Think I've missed it. We've been so busy at work today. And there hasn't been that much of Valentines that it has stood out that much for me. Or more accurately perhaps, it's been there but I probably did not notice it.
Ankhanu
I said Happy Valentine's Day to my grandmother-in-law when we left to head back home today... I don't anticipate any other involvement in the traditions of the day.

As for the origins and such, Google is your friend.
IceCreamTruck
I forgot to have a girlfriend... I knew I forgot something!
ankitdatashn
I didn't forget wishing my friends... I know I remembered something... Wink
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Laughing Cool

I'm laughing again. Keep it up ICT! OK, let me see if I can find your special thread. The pony one ....
standready
I missed it! Good grief!
johans
Quote:
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:29 am Post subject:

LOL... too much work i guess.. Laughing
Insanity
You didn't miss much. It's the day of the year when everyone buys chocolates, flowers, and random cards from Hallmark.
IceCreamTruck
johans wrote:
Quote:
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:29 am Post subject:

LOL... too much work i guess.. Laughing

Honestly... when I'm in a relationship I fear valentines. Whenever I get that look, like she's waiting on me to say something, I always think to myself "is it February 15th already?" "Did I forget Valentines?!!?!?" It kills me, so rather than live in fear for my existence every day of my life because one day of the year is valentines I choose to be single. Dating/Marriage is like being a lion tamer: The job requires constant focus, and attention to detail, but if you slip up once it's all over -- no second chances.

I just got rid of the lioness, which, as it were, was my only real problem in life! Smile Picture a guy with a powerful mustache (don't all lion tamers have mustaches?) smiling while holding a whip, and sitting in the chair that used to be all that was between him and those ferocious and heartless predators. As it stands the cage has never been quieter or more relaxing, and I actually have some really cool toys because I haven't been required to regularly purchase absolute garbage with which to defend my relationship status, or bandages to heal my own wounds.

I would never be able to spend money on myself like this if I was in a relationship, so I feel rich! Smile Kinda hoping the relationship things works itself out, as I would like someone to figure out flying beside me, but I'm not stopping any more to explain to anyone what a good idea flying together can be, which stopping to much seems to have been a consistent trait of my past relationships.

I've dated, and been engagged (there should be "gg" in engaged) several times, but never entered into any permanent commitments because I wasn't happy. I will have my own wedding when the time comes, and it will be quick and awesome with no messing around. Relationships are a two-way street, with traffic on both sides -- it doesn't have to be gifts or material, but you have to work it out. It's always been about what I can do for them, and I've done tons of things in the name of love, and I'm proud of my accomplishments, but that is the one-way street right there. No one has shown me who they really are, what they want to do with life, or what they can become if they can count on my love and support. Nothing happens, or even worse, the concern over the "relationship" status overwhelms them into having random panic attacks where they forget that honesty is the best policy especially if you have to be together for the rest of our tragically short lives!

When I audit things that happened over the last 10 years, putting us back to 2002, I can honestly say that I'm happy with the growth that my life has experienced, but I know so very few people who can actually say the same thing. This effect included the most recent, "serious", relationship I had as she really let a good portion of her life just slip away because while I was working she was not ever really doing anything productive, and when I got home, she expected me to perform for her whereas I really just only ever needed a few hours to recoup from my work day first. While I was at work I couldn't always help her be productive, and when I got home I didn't have the energy to help her be productive either, so we argued a lot until ... well, the cage has no more lioness, so I sit and smile, and play with really fun toys! Smile And Valentines day was actually totally awesome! Smile

deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Laughing Cool

I'm laughing again. Keep it up ICT! OK, let me see if I can find your special thread. The pony one ....

My interest is peaked... I have a pony thread? How very brawny of me! ;-P
ocalhoun
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I have a pony thread? How very brawny of me! ;-P

Are YOU man enough to post ponies?
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Oops sorry .... it was the famous Hijack thread. This one is not doing too badly either .... Twisted Evil
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Oops sorry .... it was the famous Hijack thread. This one is not doing too badly either .... Twisted Evil

I followed your convenient little link there and I see the ponies that you have been posting all over the place and it's really only a minor set back to my ultimate plan of taking over the world, so for now, even though I'm excited to see who all got online on frihost today, and who's trickled in late, I am heading to bed so tomorrow I can take over the world AGAIN! muuuuuwhwhwhwhwhahahahaha!
Cosmoslayer
Valentines does not exist in my calender. XD
ocalhoun
IceCreamTruck wrote:

I followed your convenient little link there and I see the ponies that you have been posting all over the place and it's really only a minor set back to my ultimate plan of taking over the world,

Minor set back?
They're your competition.
Ponies are also taking over the world... so now, your challenge is to do it before they do!
johans
Quote:
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:39 pm Post subject:

You better put that next year.. there are many reasons to celebrate it.. Show celebration with your Mother, Father, Bother, Sister and other friends and relatives.. for sure you have that..
IceCreamTruck
johans wrote:
Quote:
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:39 pm Post subject:

You better put that next year.. there are many reasons to celebrate it.. Show celebration with your Mother, Father, Bother, Sister and other friends and relatives.. for sure you have that..

* like *

You are a very family oriented person, no? I would be, but haven't really had the chance. I've had to live the consequence of where I went to school, and I've had to make my own way "in the moment" for quiet some time. Eventually I would like to own my own business, and be able to work on that from where ever I choose to live -- Europe, Haha, for real tho! I have lived in near Munich (D), and Budapest (HU), and I have visited Vienna often. If I can work online 100% of the time, then I already know where I'm going, and that is to live with family.

For now I am living in Kentucky, and I have family in Nashville (brother), good ol' Tennesse, and my sister lives in North Carolina with her family of five, but my parents still live in Eastern Europe. This has left me completely by myself in Kentucky because I've been able to make a solid living here. So... I've learned to enjoy being alone, and working on long term projects. I used to dream about how my family would turn out, and now me and some beautiful angel were going to get to fall in love, and learn to support each other so well that we can eventually support children, and our own family, but a few years ago I made a choice that meant a long term relationship must come to an end. I've spend the better part of 2.5 years single, and working on my dreams! Things have started to come together on so many levels that I can hardly keep up! Life is good.

Valentines day is a celebration of many things. I was telling someone else yesterday that my valentines had been my furry little kitten, because she was so happy to see me when I got home. She was literally climbing on me to put her cold nose in my face, and curl up on me! She was the best valentine, ever! :-p
IceCreamTruck
ocalhoun wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I have a pony thread? How very brawny of me! ;-P

Are YOU man enough to post ponies?

* Like -- BUT this HAD to be answered! *

Real men are not afraid to wear pink either! :-p

Yes, these particular ponies kick ass .. seriously tho .. you don't see any donkeys hanging around these bad asses! Haha, just a little pony humor .. but not too much!
IceCreamTruck
Cosmoslayer wrote:

* Like x 10,000 *

You. Are. My. Hero! If you want we could share other holidays that are worth slashing off the calendar, or is that too bold? I'm fine with just taking Valentines day off the calendar -- it's gone! February 14th is now Mother's Day (2) -- wait.. there must be some mistake .. I'll get that cleared up right away. Angel
foumy6
the only reason why i was looking forward to v day was because a band I like was suppose to release their new album, but instead they released a single and said that their album was pushed to this summer.
catscratches
^ Same here, except my band held their promise, as did the game developers. Smile
IceCreamTruck
foumy6 wrote:
the only reason why i was looking forward to v day was because a band I like was suppose to release their new album, but instead they released a single and said that their album was pushed to this summer.

That is a bummer that your album didn't really come out!

catscratches wrote:
the game developers. Smile

Which games? Valentines games? ;=/
catscratches
^