FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any one familiar with Burmese cats?

deanhills
I had an encounter a few days ago with a cross between a pedigreed Siamese and Burmese cat. But turns out the one I saw was more Burmese. I've just read up on the Burmese cats, and looks as though they make for great pets. They may even respond to playing fetch games. Very human.
http://www.breeding-cats.com/burmese-cat.html

Any one got a Burmese cat, and what peculiarities stand out in them versus other cats?
taytay
Well first off if you aren't prepared to have someone follow you around and want to be with you most if not all the time I wouldn't suggest this particular breed. They tend to attach themselves to a particular person and in some cases families and that's where they tend to stay. Say the cat for example attached itself to you and you left the house they would constantly search the house till you came back, wait at the door/window and may even cry till you come home or they fall asleep waiting. Very affectionate fun cats though and more easily trained than other felines...Hope this helps some!
ammylin
taytay wrote:
Well first off if you aren't prepared to have someone follow you around and want to be with you most if not all the time I wouldn't suggest this particular breed. They tend to attach themselves to a particular person and in some cases families and that's where they tend to stay. Say the cat for example attached itself to you and you left the house they would constantly search the house till you came back, wait at the door/window and may even cry till you come home or they fall asleep waiting. Very affectionate fun cats though and more easily trained than other felines...Hope this helps some!

I'm agree with this, I love cat very much, they're my good friends. This is a cat that lives for domestication. They trust people to take care of them and the survival attitude is for othercats. For this reason theyshouldn’t be left unprotected outside. The idea they will fend for themselves can skip members of the breed.